Boehner throws in the towell on debt limit

do liberals ever stop complaining. when republicans stick their guns, they are the party of no and are obstructionists. when the reach over to the other side of the aisle to make things work for the budget, they are caving wussies.

you can't win with this liberals, they are too one sided in their thinking.

You may need to attend a course in developmental reading, or how to lie and get away with it. I'll try to explain one more time for those on the right who cannot comprehend the point of this thread.

1. Republicans in the H. of Rep. are NOT sticking to their guns. Some want to, some don't and some only want to be told what to do.

2. Republicans have NEVER reached over to the other side. Most every bill passed in the H. of Rep. included a poison pill and were never brought forward for a vote in the Senate.

3. The Republican Party never was a big tent party, today they have several small tents for each coalition: The Tea Party, the Social Conservatives, the Neo Conservatives, the RINO's, The Gun Huggers, the Racists, the Banksters and the lunatics.

Seriously..you are speaking about the "recent" Republican party.

The Republican party has included Bob Dole, Jack Kemp and Nelson Rockefeller.

The Republican party actually started out as the liberal faction of the Whigs.

do liberals ever stop complaining. when republicans stick their guns, they are the party of no and are obstructionists. when the reach over to the other side of the aisle to make things work for the budget, they are caving wussies.

You may need to attend a course in developmental reading, or how to lie and get away with it. I'll try to explain one more time for those on the right who cannot comprehend the point of this thread.

1. Republicans in the H. of Rep. are NOT sticking to their guns. Some want to, some don't and some only want to be told what to do.

2. Republicans have NEVER reached over to the other side. Most every bill passed in the H. of Rep. included a poison pill and were never brought forward for a vote in the Senate.

3. The Republican Party never was a big tent party, today they have several small tents for each coalition: The Tea Party, the Social Conservatives, the Neo Conservatives, the RINO's, The Gun Huggers, the Racists, the Banksters and the lunatics.

Seriously..you are speaking about the "recent" Republican party.

The Republican party has included Bob Dole, Jack Kemp and Nelson Rockefeller.

The Republican party actually started out as the liberal faction of the Whigs.

I agree.

However, some think that making the party smaller, purer and less appealing to people who aren't themselves is a fabulous electoral strategy.

what did i lie about and what did i fail to read. what i said is absolutely the truth.

they just reached over in this very thread you idiot. to say they are not big tent is just plain ignorant. i rarely waste time responding to you and now i see why,.

Let the democrats run the country into the ground. Maybe a new senate can fix it.

How long can we continue unlimited borrowing?

So LOLberals call it holding the nation hostage when republicans try to fight for their principles on debt and borrowing,
This would have some credibility had the cons not added $6 trillion to the national debt when Shrub was in the White House WITH a republican congress. Oh, and BTW Shrub left office with a $1.4 trillion deficit. Some principles huh.

what did i lie about and what did i fail to read. what i said is absolutely the truth.

they just reached over in this very thread you idiot. to say they are not big tent is just plain ignorant. i rarely waste time responding to you and now i see why,.

We both know why you rarely "waste time responding" to me: Ignorance. But in your case I doubt it is willful. You may be the only person on earth who actually believes the Republican Party of 2014 is the party of the big tent.

So LOLberals call it holding the nation hostage when republicans try to fight for their principles on debt and borrowing, and when republicans know they can not win sucha fight and instead choose to stand down they also get heckled by hyperpartisan LOLberal morons.

There was a time when LOLberals were actually psuedo-concerned about the debt and spending. Well, now that they are the big spenders, they still blame republicans!

:lmao:

Well keep laughing your ass off, then the rest of you will simply be known as hole. You see, well, not you don't, the point is there is no one Republican strategy. Some members of the H. of Rep. want to shut down the government, others don't and most don't know what to do until someone tells them.

Now we get to see if that someone - Speaker Boehner - has leadership skill or if someone else will lead the rest of the H. of Rep. off the cliff again.

What i see is that you LOLberal retards spend entirely too much time worrying about what republicans are doing instead of mounting your own strategy to overcome the growing divide in the democrat party over the 2014 elections and the stain of almost every fuckin' thing they've managed to "accomplish" since Obama took over (which for LOLberals was never, Bush is still in charge when it suits them).

You are projecting, Wry. The democrats aren't united on anything either. In fact, being that they hold a majority (for now), it show how petty, clueless, leaderless, divided and ultimately the same as the GOP are on strategy, policy and the in-fighting.

You're just too ignorant to see it.

So LOLberals call it holding the nation hostage when republicans try to fight for their principles on debt and borrowing,
This would have some credibility had the cons not added $6 trillion to the national debt when Shrub was in the White House WITH a republican congress. Oh, and BTW Shrub left office with a $1.4 trillion deficit. Some principles huh.

BUSH!!!!!

And all the while you turds complained about it. NOW you WANT to spend more.

You hypocrites do not even realize how hypocritical you are, do you?

It just shows that the Democrats and the Republicans are just the flip side of the same coin when it comes down to major issues.

So LOLberals call it holding the nation hostage when republicans try to fight for their principles on debt and borrowing, and when republicans know they can not win sucha fight and instead choose to stand down they also get heckled by hyperpartisan LOLberal morons.

There was a time when LOLberals were actually psuedo-concerned about the debt and spending. Well, now that they are the big spenders, they still blame republicans!

Well keep laughing your ass off, then the rest of you will simply be known as hole. You see, well, not you don't, the point is there is no one Republican strategy. Some members of the H. of Rep. want to shut down the government, others don't and most don't know what to do until someone tells them.

Now we get to see if that someone - Speaker Boehner - has leadership skill or if someone else will lead the rest of the H. of Rep. off the cliff again.

What i see is that you LOLberal retards spend entirely too much time worrying about what republicans are doing instead of mounting your own strategy to overcome the growing divide in the democrat party over the 2014 elections and the stain of almost every fuckin' thing they've managed to "accomplish" since Obama took over (which for LOLberals was never, Bush is still in charge when it suits them).

You are projecting, Wry. The democrats aren't united on anything either. In fact, being that they hold a majority (for now), it show how petty, clueless, leaderless, divided and ultimately the same as the GOP are on strategy, policy and the in-fighting.

You're just too ignorant to see it.

Well hole, I will take your criticism under advisement, though I suspect you're wrong in your 'thinking'. Democrats are like cats (we all know this); yet the Republicans are like Stepford Wives.

The "growing divide" as you call it, is endemic to pols. They want to win the next election, it is the largest blip on their radar (all pols, not D's or R's only) and everything else is secondary.

Furthermore, I noticed you didn't reply to the lack of leadership, strategy and unity from democrats. Because you use republicans as a projeciton tool for your own party failures at the same thing.

Your strategy is the blame adn point at republicans lack of strategy strategy.Because you do not have a winning one of your own. You're even WORSE than republicans when it comes to this. They bash your fucked up ideas and you bash them for your fucked up ideas too.

Republicans care first about tax cuts, then about fiscal responsibility.

You didn't hear many Republicans get upset when Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter."

You didn't hear many Republicans get upset when Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter."

Maybe that's because it was Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill who CLAIMED that Vice President Cheney said that.

Of course, it MIGHT be that O'Neill was being a LITTLE bit less than accurate or honesty or forthright: why?

Cheney FIRED O'Neill.

Maybe that's because it was Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill who CLAIMED that Vice President Cheney said that.

Of course, it MIGHT be that O'Neill was being a LITTLE bit less than accurate or honesty or forthright: why?

Cheney FIRED O'Neill.

Has he denied saying that?

Cheney FIRED O'Neill.

Has he denied saying that?

I dunno. Are you claiming that he ever acknowledged having said it?

I just did some quick digging and found this:

In his memoir “In My Time,” Cheney argued that his alleged quote was misinterpreted.

“. . . [O]f course I thought deficits mattered. I just believed that it was important to see them in context, to note that while Ronald Reagan’s dramatic increases in the defense budget and his historic tax cuts did push the deficit from 2.7 percent of the gross domestic product in fiscal year 1980 to 6 percent in fiscal year 1983, his spending on defense helped put the Soviet Union out of business, and his tax cuts helped spur on the longest sustained waves of prosperity in our history.”

Forum List

Back