Boehner to sue Obama

Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power | Fox News

Crybaby Boehner can't accomplish a thing in the House but plans to sue Obama for trying to do his job

The speaker alleged that the president not only has ignored the law but "brags about it," decrying what he described as "arrogance and incompetence."

Boehner had been weighing such a lawsuit in recent days, over concerns that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority with executive actions. Republicans have voiced frustration with Obama's second-term "pen and phone" strategy of pursuing policy changes without Congress -- particularly environmental rules via the Environmental Protection Agency. Republicans also complained about numerous unilateral changes to the implementation of ObamaCare.

the poor dear is desperate. I think he might even start to cry

Crybaby Boehner needs to explain to the judge how even though Obama has issued fewer Executive Orders than any President in recent history, it is his executive orders that are unconstitutional

I do believe Obama has crossed over the line with his suspensions and delays of legal deadlines which were enacted by Congress. But defining the exact amount of latitude a President should have in these matters is going to be very, very difficult.

Going after Executive Orders and other executive actions is an extremely hazardous gambit. Boehner better think before he leaps and lands on a mine.

His lawsuit needs to be very specific about what actions he has a grievance against, and he best be prepared to provide very specific limitations he expects the Executive to have, because if the court decision comes down in his favor, it will affect the future behavior of every President, and the GOP might just be doing its usual hypocritical whining when their guy wants to do the same things.

A decision in Boehner's favor will certainly embed gridlock even deeper than ever.

I would proceed with extreme caution.

I dont recall you offering the same caveats when Democrats did away with the filibuster.

I actually pointed out that both parties held identically opposite opinions than they do now when the shoe was on the other foot.

Not my point.
And incorrect as well. The GOP did not invoke the nuclear option, although many argued for it, correctly as it turned out. The Democrats did invoke the nuclear option.

presidents use EO's ... if one is illegal or holds enough merit to warrant a legal case they all are, past present and future ... Bonehead is full of himself.

Why waste the time, money, and effort of a lawsuit. If Boehner thinks he has enough for a lawsuit, just initiate the impeachment process.

Tell Boehner to do it before the 2014 election

Democrats need the votes

They certainly do.

Obama's approval rating seems to be falling in all categories. Democrats need help to win in November. :lol:

And yet his ratings are triple any of those of any Republican.

Go figure.

The speaker alleged that the president not only has ignored the law but "brags about it," decrying what he described as "arrogance and incompetence."

I love Republican logic.

Bragging that you ignored the law should carry an extra penalty on top of simply ignoring it.

But killing someone for the purposes of terrorizing all members of their race or religion - well that's no worse than killing someone for sleeping with your girlfriend!

I love Republican logic.

Bragging that you ignored the law should carry an extra penalty on top of simply ignoring it.

But killing someone for the purposes of terrorizing all members of their race or religion - well that's no worse than killing someone for sleeping with your girlfriend!

WTF are you babbling about?

I do believe Obama has crossed over the line with his suspensions and delays of legal deadlines which were enacted by Congress. But defining the exact amount of latitude a President should have in these matters is going to be very, very difficult.

Going after Executive Orders and other executive actions is an extremely hazardous gambit. Boehner better think before he leaps and lands on a mine.

His lawsuit needs to be very specific about what actions he has a grievance against, and he best be prepared to provide very specific limitations he expects the Executive to have, because if the court decision comes down in his favor, it will affect the future behavior of every President, and the GOP might just be doing its usual hypocritical whining when their guy wants to do the same things.

A decision in Boehner's favor will certainly embed gridlock even deeper than ever.

I would proceed with extreme caution.

yep. It relates back to the founders' belief that compromise would be found to continue governing. In 1861, we found no room to compromise .... though Lincoln offered to do anything beyond expanding slavery to accommodate the South. I don't see a war, but it's going to get worse before it gets better.

The time had to come for this lawsuit, I yearn for the years of Clinton and newt when Clinton was a leader

Last edited:
Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power | Fox News

Crybaby Boehner can't accomplish a thing in the House but plans to sue Obama for trying to do his job

Boehner had been weighing such a lawsuit in recent days, over concerns that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority with executive actions. Republicans have voiced frustration with Obama's second-term "pen and phone" strategy of pursuing policy changes without Congress -- particularly environmental rules via the Environmental Protection Agency. Republicans also complained about numerous unilateral changes to the implementation of ObamaCare.

Yet you celebrated when Pelosi threatened to sue Bush.

The Hypocrisy of the far left is very well known.

Boehner is an ineffectual twit, but if, AS the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE in his official capacity, he files suit against the President of the United States, at least Boehner will finally be doing SOMETHING right, leftwhiner.

And if you agree with me, you will at long last be right for once.

I dont recall you offering the same caveats when Democrats did away with the filibuster.

I actually pointed out that both parties held identically opposite opinions than they do now when the shoe was on the other foot.

Not my point.
And incorrect as well. The GOP did not invoke the nuclear option, although many argued for it, correctly as it turned out. The Democrats did invoke the nuclear option.

Here is what I said at the time:

I say we return to the days when a filibuster was a filibuster. You have to stand on the floor and make a speech until you drop.

This literally phoning in a filibuster, anonymously, is the epitome of cowardice and laziness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back