Boeing, Space X, Billions being wasted on space.?!?

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We saw a few computer glitch's, with Boeing Star liners launch recently. They say now we have two means of getting to the International space station. I say why do we need an International space station.? This is all a big waste of tax payer money. Billions are being wasted on these space geek pipe dream projects. We need to spend more money here on Earth bound problems, not on these space geek pipe dreams.? !?

We saw a few computer glitch's, with Boeing Star liners launch recently. They say now we have two means of getting to the International space station. I say why do we need an International space station.? This is all a big waste of tax payer money. Billions are being wasted on these space geek pipe dream projects. We need to spend more money here on Earth bound problems, not on these space geek pipe dreams.? !?
I support satellite maintenance etc. but space travel to the planets & the unknown is a waste of time & $$$$$ in my opinion. I agree with the "pipe dream" like we are still using those cheesy inefficient & co$tly rocket$. Good grief the Chinese were using rockets against the Mongols clear back in the 11th/12th century!

I support satellite maintenance etc. but space travel to the planets & the unknown is a waste of time & $$$$$ in my opinion. I agree with the "pipe dream" like we are still using those cheesy inefficient & co$tly rocket$. Good grief the Chinese were using rockets against the Mongols clear back in the 11th/12th century!
Unleashing the private side is good. The International Space Station is Shuttle based. It costs a lot of money. And we pay the cost of the yearly maintenance on it. Which is I believe 3.5 billion dollars or so. We can do it a lot cheaper now if it is allowed and we do not have massive government interference, or they do it. We can have many relatively economical space stations in low earth orbit within a decade or so. There is no reason the earth/moon system can have massive investment at lower prices.

If we don't attempt to learn new things we won't learn new things. There will ALWAYS be problems on earth.

Space exploration has taught mankind a lot of things we wouldn't have otherwise known. We have developed technology that has been a benefit to man here on earth intended for space exploration.

Fighting against the unknown, pushing limits, trying to do things we as people are incapable of is what progresses us as a species. It's what pushes us forward and evolves.

Space will be the only place to run to when we inevitably make this planet inhospitable

The Earth was made for us all to live. There is nothing on Mars, or the Moon. No Air , no water. Why this insane propaganda that we have to explore space? and the other planets??!Its all an insane scam.!!?? We must all stay on the good mother Earth.!1??

The Earth was made for us all to live. There is nothing on Mars, or the Moon. No Air , no water. Why this insane propaganda that we have to explore space? and the other planets??!Its all an insane scam.!!?? We must all stay on the good mother Earth.!1??
take a few science classes and you might see why....

take a few science classes and you might see why....
I did take a few science classes, and I found out that the temperature on Mars can drop to -175 at night, and there is no water, and enough surface radiation to kill 30 men in a few days.! And on some other planets, it can rain hydrochloric acid as rain.

I did take a few science classes, and I found out that the temperature on Mars can drop to -175 at night, and there is no water, and enough surface radiation to kill 30 men in a few days.! And on some other planets, it can rain hydrochloric acid as rain.
not what i was referring to....the reason we explore outside of the planet is what i was talking about...

Forum List

Back