Bolton Fought Not To Testify

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Bolton may have really screwed himself. I was listening to Eli Honig, the legal guy on MSNBC. He says that the Govt. may end up with the profits from Bolton's book. He should have testified, got it out of the way, and then release his book.
It looks like it may have backfired. Just my opinion.

Bolton may have really screwed himself. I was listening to Eli Honig, the legal guy on MSNBC. He says that the Govt. may end up with the profits from Bolton's book. He should have testified, got it out of the way, and then release his book.

The problem that Bolton had with testifying was that he would have been expected to do it "under oath".

That posed a real problem as it would mean the possibility of perjury charges, and if Bolton's hero, Sleepy Joe (who he endorsed) got in, he would not be in a good position for an appointment.

Lying in a book isn't a crime

All I know is Bolton is the 3rd Republican since yesterday who told me they will not be voting for Trump in November.

“I don’t think he’s a conservative Republican. I’m not going to vote for him in November — certainly not going to vote for Joe Biden either,” Bolton told ABC News’ Martha Raddatz in an interview that aired Sunday. “I’m going to figure out a conservative Republican to vote in.”

The appraisal is an extraordinary rebuke of a sitting president by a high-ranking former aide. Bolton cast Trump as a “danger for the Republic” and said he was “erratic and impulsive.”

“The president does not have a philosophical grounding or strategy,” Bolton told the British outlet. “He does not know the difference between the national interest of the U.S., and the interests of Donald Trump. There is confusion over the national interest and his personal interest, which is very dangerous for the country.”

The problem that Bolton had with testifying was that he would have been expected to do it "under oath".

That posed a real problem as it would mean the possibility of perjury charges, and if Bolton's hero, Sleepy Joe (who he endorsed) got in, he would not be in a good position for an appointment.

Lying in a book isn't a crime

Precisely what I said. One of the reasons he didn't want to is he knows much of his book is full of shyte.

Bolton is screwed anyway. Ambassador from South Korea has already confirmed that Bolton's account of dealings over there in his book to be garbage, a pack of lies.

Bolton saw his dreams of a new Iran war vanish because President Trump would not be goaded into another war. He was furious seeing his meal ticket taken away from him. Bolton has revealed himself as a self serving traitor who was trying for a big financial score with a book.

Forum List

Back