🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

bolton Says He will Testify To Senate If Subpoenaed

This is very interesting. Bolton says he will testify.

Now all we have to do is get moscow mitch to allow witnesses.

Bolton says he'd testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed

I doubt it the Democrats can get a majority vote to actually issue a subpoena. So its really not that interesting.

If a majority of senators, that would be 51 of them, vote to allow witnesses and subpoenas, why wouldn't those same 51 senators vote too subpoena bolton?

Why are you people so against witnesses in this trial?

No problem with witnesses, just want to hear witnesses that actually witnessed something. If its just hearsay or opinion, don't need to hear it as it is irrelevant

The reason why trump has been preventing him and others from testifying is because they are witnesses to what happened.

The witness thus far aren't hearsay or opinion. They gave factual testimony. The fact that you don't like what they said doesn't make what they said irrelevant.

Same with bolton.

I doubt it the Democrats can get a majority vote to actually issue a subpoena. So its really not that interesting.

If a majority of senators, that would be 51 of them, vote to allow witnesses and subpoenas, why wouldn't those same 51 senators vote too subpoena bolton?

No problem with witnesses, just want to hear witnesses that actually witnessed something. If its just hearsay or opinion, don't need to hear it as it is irrelevant

The reason why trump has been preventing him and others from testifying is because they are witnesses to what happened.

The witness thus far aren't hearsay or opinion. They gave factual testimony. The fact that you don't like what they said doesn't make what they said irrelevant.

Same with bolton.

The witnesses I saw on TV all just said what people told them- Hearsay , which is inadmissible.

I also saw a lot of "opinion" from career staff who really didn't like the idea of being left out of the loop by President Trump. There seems to be a lot of complaints about President Trump consulting with his personal attorney instead of them.

I guess it is a "fact" that guys like Taylor and Kent don't respect their Boss and President, and they made that clear. But they don't know what Trump told anyone first hand, so there is no point them testifying at all.

Same with bolton.

The witnesses I saw on TV all just said what people told them- Hearsay , which is inadmissible.

I also saw a lot of "opinion" from career staff who really didn't like the idea of being left out of the loop by President Trump. There seems to be a lot of complaints about President Trump consulting with his personal attorney instead of them.

I guess it is a "fact" that guys like Taylor and Kent don't respect their Boss and President, and they made that clear. But they don't know what Trump told anyone first hand, so there is no point them testifying at all.

I didn't get past the first sentence. There was no reason for me to keep reading.

If you're going to make blanket statements by what you saw, then you aren't very informed about what's going on. I doubt you saw any of the testimony outside clips shown on fox news or some other far right radical extremist site.

There were several witnesses who testified from first hand knowledge. Some of them had documents to back them up. Even though trump had prevented them from having the notes and documents they generated while employed. One of those factual witnesses was listening to the actual phone call trump made to Zelensky in July. He was one of something like 20 people listening to the call to transcribe and take notes.

If you want to debate with me on an intelligent and factual level I am up for a great debate.

If you're going to say things that aren't true, then admit that you didn't watch much of the testimony, I have no desire to waste my time with you,

Same with bolton.

Lt Colonel Vindman testified - against trump's order not to - was in on that call.

pompeo - who initially lied & said he knew nothing of that call - was reported later on that he was one of the 11 people in on that call but has defied a congress' inquiries for docs & i think he refused to testify as well. why why would he do that if not to cover for donny? are you kidding?

Your link:

"One of Bolton's former aides, Fiona Hill, said that Bolton referred to Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani as 'a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.' Hill made the claim during her testimony in the House impeachment hearings.

"Bolton also allegedly said, 'I am not part of whatever drug deal [Gordon] Sondland and [Mick] Mulvaney are cooking up.'"

What happens when you bring a hand grenade to a drug deal?
images

Labor Day 2020?

Your link:

"One of Bolton's former aides, Fiona Hill, said that Bolton referred to Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani as 'a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.' Hill made the claim during her testimony in the House impeachment hearings.

"Bolton also allegedly said, 'I am not part of whatever drug deal [Gordon] Sondland and [Mick] Mulvaney are cooking up.'"

images

Labor Day 2020?

Why is Ms. Hill's recollection that Mr. Bolton thinks that Mr. Giuliani is a loose cannon important at all?

A lot top lawyers are entertaining pistols and Mr Giuliani isn't being impeached at all.

Seems all pretty irrelevant here

Pelosi can still subpoena Bolton since she still holds the Impeachment and hasn't handed them over to McConnell yet. And most think Bolton's testimony will sink Trump.
But I am skeptical of that. Bolton has an agenda, and you just know this Iran debacle has Bolton orgastic. I suspect he wants back in just so he can gleefully watch the blood and guts spill all over the world...from a safe place of course. So I wouldn't count on Bolton hurting Trump.

Pelosi can still subpoena Bolton since she still holds the Impeachment and hasn't handed them over to McConnell yet. And most think Bolton's testimony will sink Trump.
But I am skeptical of that. Bolton has an agenda, and you just know this Iran debacle has Bolton orgastic. I suspect he wants back in just so he can gleefully watch the blood and guts spill all over the world...from a safe place of course. So I wouldn't count on Bolton hurting Trump.

If no one knows what Mr. Bolton is going to say, how can anyone realistic come to the conclusion that he will lie about the President and try to sink him- much less succeed?

Bolton also said he would have testified in the house Inquiry as well if he would have been so ordered by a judge but the dems were in a rush to impeach and didn't want to wait....Bolton doesn't have dirt on Trump...so why the dems are all lathered up is kind of weird....

Bolton also said he would have testified in the house Inquiry as well if he would have been so ordered by a judge but the dems were in a rush to impeach and didn't want to wait....Bolton doesn't have dirt on Trump...so why the dems are all lathered up is kind of weird....

If I had a nickel every time a liberal said the "walls are closing in on Trump" or "this is the beginning of the end for Trump" or "we got him now", I 'd be a rich man today.

The reality, as hard as it may be for libs to accept, is that Donald J Trump is the most honest president we've ever had.

Your link:

images

Labor Day 2020?

Why is Ms. Hill's recollection that Mr. Bolton thinks that Mr. Giuliani is a loose cannon important at all?

A lot top lawyers are entertaining pistols and Mr Giuliani isn't being impeached at all.

Only to those indifferent to Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors. Giuliani and Bolton both have first hand evidence of events in the Trump White House; are you afraid they'll provide testimony damaging to the Liar-in-Chief?

"Bolton, 71, is considered to have inside information, as the president's national security adviser for more than a year, regarding Trump pressuring Ukrainian government officials to investigate his political opponent Joe Biden."

In case you haven't noticed, Trump doesn't have the discipline, intelligence, education, or attention span to govern effectively; he has dodged a foreign policy crises for almost three years, and now that has changed.

Really, I thought you guys whined that you wanted to hear from someone who was actually in the room. Republicans don't care about the truth, all they want to do is cover up for Trump. If Bolton or Mulvaney have to testify it will be catastrophic.

The reality, as hard as it may be for libs to accept, is that Donald J Trump is the most honest president we've ever had.
Guffaw!

I bet you couldn't undergo the kind of anal examination that Trump endured for 3 years under Mueller. They looked at everything, his taxes, called his children in for grilling, his staff, you name it. Countless millions wasted.

Mueller locked Mr. Manafort in solitary confinement for life, for a first time non-violent offender. Manafort isn't a bad fellow, but it had to be pretty tempting to lie about his President considering the literal torture he went through.

And still couldn't get anyone to lie about Trump.

Suppose after all this hullabaloo, Ambassador Bolton refuses to lie about President Trump and just states that he wasn't a party to the phone call in question.

bolton is privvy to a lot more than just one phone call.

I'm sure he is. But there are no charges about other phone calls and incidents, so there would be no basis to ask about them.

Prosecutors aren't permitted to go on "fishing expeditions".

well - if johnny boy decides to 'fess up more intel, then prosecuters are obligated to follow thru. ever hear the term

'additional charges may follow' ?

^^^ ya, that would certainly apply, now wouldn't it? yep. sure would.

If the persecutors were to ask questions without basis in facts already established, the Senate would never hear the answer.

you don't think they know their way around the courtroom? i'm sure each one picked will.
But it isn't an actual courtroom, is it?

bolton is privvy to a lot more than just one phone call.

I'm sure he is. But there are no charges about other phone calls and incidents, so there would be no basis to ask about them.

well - if johnny boy decides to 'fess up more intel, then prosecuters are obligated to follow thru. ever hear the term

If the persecutors were to ask questions without basis in facts already established, the Senate would never hear the answer.

you don't think they know their way around the courtroom? i'm sure each one picked will.

Its not an "Actual courtroom" but it is a legit trial with actual rules. It isn't Mad Max beyond Thunderdome, they can't do anything that isn't allowed by the rules, or the appropriate sanction is given.

Its not an "Actual courtroom" but it is a legit trial with actual rules. It isn't Mad Max beyond Thunderdome, they can't do anything that isn't allowed by the rules, or the appropriate sanction is given.
Correct. I keep hearing how the Impeachment didn't need to follow any rules and that criminal charges were not required to impeach.

That means that this also isn't a courtroom following criminal trial procedures.

The Senate -- led by McConnell -- can and does make its own rules regarding this.

I bet you couldn't undergo the kind of anal examination that Trump endured for 3 years under Mueller. They looked at everything, his taxes, called his children in for grilling, his staff, you name it. Countless millions wasted.
Really, his taxes? What did his taxes reveal? His children grilled? His subpoenaed staff?
Sorry, my prince, but our Stonewaller-in-Chief has hidden the intent of every action he does and forbids anyone who knows the truth to reveal the truth. Not the action of an innocent man. His admin is modeled after a Mafia Don.

Forum List

Back