🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bound To No Party: Trump Upends 150 Years Of Two-Party Rule...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
No doubt Trump's recent Debt deal with the Democrats has startled the feckless GOP Congressional leadership. Dude really is shaking the Establishment up. The Swamp Creatures are confounded and angry.

Interesting article by Peter Baker

When Donald J. Trump set his sights on the presidency in the 2000 election, he pursued the nomination of the Reform Party, a home for disenchanted independents. “The Republican Party has just moved too far to the extreme right,” he explained. “The Democrats are too far to the left.”

In the end, he dropped the campaign and the Reform Party, the leftover construct from Ross Perot’s two independent presidential candidacies during the 1990s. It was one of at least five times that Mr. Trump would switch party affiliations over the years. “I’m the Lone Ranger,” he once said in another context.

Now in the White House, President Trump demonstrated this past week that he still imagines himself a solitary cowboy as he abandoned Republican congressional leaders to forge a short-term fiscal deal with Democrats. Although elected as a Republican last year, Mr. Trump has shown in the nearly eight months in office that he is, in many ways, the first independent to hold the presidency since the advent of the current two-party system around the time of the Civil War...

Read More:
Bound to No Party, Trump Upends 150 Years of Two-Party Rule
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

He needs to push for term limits on Congress. Take it to the people and he likely gets it done.

He is hated by the R and D establishment, so what does he have to lose?

After enacting term limits, he should then outlaw any former politician from being a lobbyist.

Sincere, honest, respectful question here.

Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're immediately attacked as RINOs (or worse) who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?

Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're RINOs who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?
I can't answer your question. But I think that both parties need to relearn the words "cooperation", and "civil discourse."

If it will help get things done it is a good thing.
In fact there has not been a true two party system in years.
The Republicans and Democrats are just the flip side of the coin.
Time to rid ourselves of career politicians.

Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're RINOs who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?
Of course, the answer is partisanship. Both sides are guilty of it.

The thing is the left (who controls the media, academia, and Hollywood) have lost their minds with hate for Trump, yet he has really done almost nothing that affects average Americans.

Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're immediately attacked as RINOs (or worse) who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?
---------------------------------------------------------------- for me jebito and kasich , roobio and other rinos can't ever be considered as viable anything because of their immigration advocacy . Main point for me is that some rinos are totally dead and would never get my vote . -------------- might be an off topic reply so forgive me eh Mac . ---------------- oh yeah , jebito is also a 'bush' with a full family of mexicans .

President Trump can pretty much do anything he likes as i will simply figure that its better than what 'hilary' or mrobama would have done Mac .

He needs to push for term limits on Congress. Take it to the people and he likely gets it done.

No doubt, the extinction of the career politician is the best thing that could happen to this country.

Trump didn't move left on an issue. He moved forward, partisan politics be damned.

---------------------------------------------------------------- for me jebito and kasich , roobio and other rinos can't ever be considered as viable anything because of their immigration advocacy . Main point for me is that some rinos are totally dead and would never get my vote . -------------- might be an off topic reply so forgive me eh Mac . ---------------- oh yeah , jebito is also a 'bush' with a full family of mexicans .
Would you say then, that immigration is the top priority, and that that's the issue that separates Trump from other Republicans who might side with Democrats now and then?

Sincere, honest, respectful question here. Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're immediately attacked as RINOs (or worse) who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?
Trump didn't move left on an issue. He moved forward, partisan politics be fanned.
There was a time, not at all long ago, when working with Democrats as Trump did would be grounds for attacks.

So call it what you will, this type of behavior was completely unacceptable and unforgivable very recently.

They are career politicians, you can never trust a career politician... ever.
Just look at George Bush Senior, "read my lips no new taxes". That is the only thing he will ever be remembered for, his fucked Up view on the world is unforgivable.
A career politician is a career politician no matter what side of the aisle they claim to be on, and it is not a new thing.
Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?
The fuck up that was Theodore Roosevelt was the ultimate career politician, he switched views and platforms like people change their socks now.
Kasich and Jeb have absolutely zero credibility because they are not the least bit conservative in real life although they say they are… They are the worst type of career politicians, they claim to be conservative.

Sincere, honest, respectful question here. Why is that when someone like Kasich or Jeb move to the left a bit on this issue or that, they're immediately attacked as RINOs (or worse) who deserve no respect, but when Trump does it, it's a good thing?
Trump didn't move left on an issue. He moved forward, partisan politics be fanned.
There was a time, not at all long ago, when working with Democrats as Trump did would be grounds for attacks.

So call it what you will, this type of behavior was completely unacceptable and unforgivable very recently.
With the rise of the RINO, it isn't all that different than working with half the Republican party...

well , its how he talked when he spoke of mexicans and muslims during his campaign plus his attempts to ban some immigration by muslims plus his actual deportations plus talk about the limiting of immigration into the USA [RAISE Act] plus TRUMP has been good good on guns . --------------- immigration separates 'jebito' , mccain , roobio , kasich and others from Trump at least as far as Trumps words and statements go Mac . ---------------------- and Trump going over the heads of 'ryan' and 'mcconnel' is a pretty good shot at the rinos , imo Mac .

We have term limits for Congress....every 2 or 6 years depending on the House.

Forum List

Back