Boy, 3, shoots self, parents charged.

Vandalshandle

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2013
Southern AZ
"The parents of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in the abdomen March 3 have been indicted on four counts of felony child abuse.

Don and Sharina Marion, who live in Elephant Head, were indicted July 2 by a grand jury; court records were made available this week.

They entered not guilty pleas, were appointed an attorney and were released on their own recognizance July 23. They face an Aug. 25 case management court date.

Don Marion, 50, is the volunteer fire chief for Elephant Head Fire Department.

Detectives found 20 unsecured guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition throughout the couple's home after their 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the abdomen, according to Pima County Sheriff's reports. The child survived.
"

Parents charged after boy, 3, shoots himself - Green Valley News: Local News

The father had a gun safe, but left it unlocked because he could not remember the combination. The children were removed from the home by Child Protective Services, but were later returned.

This man, who is the chief of the volunteer fire Department, no less, should be the poster child of the Arizona branch of the NRA. He is exactly the kind of man that gun control advocates are trying to stop. In this man's case, if convicted, he should be prohibited by law from owning or having a gun in his home until his children reach majority.

"The parents of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in the abdomen March 3 have been indicted on four counts of felony child abuse.

Don and Sharina Marion, who live in Elephant Head, were indicted July 2 by a grand jury; court records were made available this week.

They entered not guilty pleas, were appointed an attorney and were released on their own recognizance July 23. They face an Aug. 25 case management court date.

Detectives found 20 unsecured guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition throughout the couple's home after their 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the abdomen, according to Pima County Sheriff's reports. The child survived.
"

The father had a gun safe, but left it unlocked because he could not remember the combination. The children were removed from the home by Child Protective Services, but were later returned.

This man, who is the chief of the volunteer fire Department, no less, should be the poster child of the Arizona branch of the NRA. He is exactly the kind of man that gun control advocates are trying to stop. In this man's case, if convicted, he should be prohibited by law from owning or having a gun in his home until his children reach majority.

Oh hell no Comrade. That evil sonofabitch should be drawn and quartered or at least put in a reeducation camp.

20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition? This guy didn't have guns to protect himself, he probably was planning a massacre or something. I'd consider him a danger to the general population.

'The father had a gun safe, but left it unlocked because he could not remember the combination.'

Just your everyday, upstanding, NRA member.

20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition? This guy didn't have guns to protect himself, he probably was planning a massacre or something. I'd consider him a danger to the general population.

He's a constitutionalists arming himself against the British.

We don't keep guns and ammo to kill civilians, rather, we hoard guns and ammo to kill bent cops and government thugs when the time comes. Plus, a little hunting, plinking and so on.

The man is an idiot. So is his wife. They should not have children in the same home with them since they both are idiots. And not all gun owners are like this idiot.

This is Arizona. The guy will get a slap of the hand, and will be awarded "Citizen of the Year" at the American Legion next year.

We don't keep guns and ammo to kill civilians, rather, we hoard guns and ammo to kill bent cops and government thugs when the time comes. Plus, a little hunting, plinking and so on.

Yep, so on. A crowded grade school classroom or two, a movie theater, maybe a shopping mall, now and then.

"

Oh hell no Comrade. That evil sonofabitch should be drawn and quartered or at least put in a reeducation camp.

And there you have it, my friends. I rest my case. I am surprised that FEMA camps were not mentioned.

Last edited:

You didn't post comments for speech, you probably are fomenting fear and hate for a group of civilians. You probably are planning a massacre or something. I would consider you a danger to the general population.

Can you describe what is wrong with what I wrote above?

"

Good! They should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Oh shut the hell up! The guy deserves everything he's got coming,but to say he was planning a massacre because he had 20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammo is ridiculous. In fact owning 20 guns is not that uncommon or surprising when you consider it takes three different types of shotguns for bird hunting alone. When you get into rifles the numbers only increase.
It's not like your one size fits all sweatpants,you have to fit the gun to the job.And you realize thats only 100 rounds per gun if were talking about a couple thousand rounds right?

This man, who is the chief of the volunteer fire Department, no less, should be the poster child of the Arizona branch of the NRA. He is exactly the kind of man that gun control advocates are trying to stop.
Really.
How would background checks, need-justidied licensieng, registration, a 3-day waiting period, a ban on hi-cap magazines and/or 'assault wepaons' prrevent this from happening?

Not surprised.
But then, you argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty, so...

Forum List

Back