Boy, 3, shoots self, parents charged.

The man is an idiot. So is his wife. They should not have children in the same home with them since they both are idiots. And not all gun owners are like this idiot.

Absolutely. Yet this is the kind of idiot that the NRA now caters to.

And you are the kind of idiot the NRA attempts to educate. To no avail of course. Because with you libs, everything is political

Why, of course! It is the three year old's fault!

Only partially. The parents own most of the responsibility for failing to properly teach the 3 year old not to touch the gun, and for failing to provide proper oversight of the child. The child owns part of the responsibility for touching things he's not supposed to.

Hell, I learned not to touch the stove top by burning my hand after having been told 3 times not to touch it because it was hot. Really no different than this.

That being the case, then if the gun had been pointed at the 3 year old's sister when it went off, the 3 year old would be partially responsible for manslaughter.

Just keep digging yourself in deeper, Anathema...but be careful about that spin. A person could get dizzy doing that, and suffer a fall....

Seems to me the real "crime" of the parents was not properly teaching their child what to touch and what not to touch. I guarantee that child will no longer touch a firearm without proper adult supervision. He learned the lesson the hard way, but that's what some children need.

I've got a smaller selection of firearms around my condo, and less loose ammo, but when one considers the other self-defense tools (knives, swords, axes, etc....) that are strategically placed around my home, I'd say that I'm well beyond 20.

There are so many examples of parental irresponsibility. It boggles the mind.

Finally, this should happen anytime an unsupervised child fires a weapon.

It's child abuse, plain and simple.

Seems to me the real "crime" of the parents was not properly teaching their child what to touch and what not to touch. I guarantee that child will no longer touch a firearm without proper adult supervision. He learned the lesson the hard way, but that's what some children need.

I've got a smaller selection of firearms around my condo, and less loose ammo, but when one considers the other self-defense tools (knives, swords, axes, etc....) that are strategically placed around my home, I'd say that I'm well beyond 20.

Why, of course! It is the three year old's fault!
Hey...uh... I missed your answer:
How would background checks, need-justidied licensieng, registration, a 3-day waiting period, a ban on hi-cap magazines and/or 'assault wepaons' prrevent this from happening?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why did it take 4 months for the couple to be indicted?

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition? This guy didn't have guns to protect himself, he probably was planning a massacre or something. I'd consider him a danger to the general population.

We don't keep guns and ammo to kill civilians, rather, we hoard guns and ammo to kill bent cops and government thugs when the time comes. Plus, a little hunting, plinking and so on.

Yep, so on. A crowded grade school classroom or two, a movie theater, maybe a shopping mall, now and then.

How about the local Democrat headquarters?

Of course I would, but that was not the chief reason they were purchased.

Was it any sort of factor? It always is for me, when I make a purchase.... regardless of whether the handgun/rifle/shotgun is for hunting, target, competition, etc... if I cannot find a reasonable place for it in my defensive plan, then it's not something I really need that badly.

That being the case, then if the gun had been pointed at the 3 year old's sister when it went off, the 3 year old would be partially responsible for manslaughter.

Just keep digging yourself in deeper, Anathema...but be careful about that spin. A person could get dizzy doing that, and suffer a fall....

Yes, the child would be. I am sick and tired of this idea that seems so common these days that children aren't or can't be held responsible for their own actions. YES, even at the age of THREE. The fact that this child was not properly taught not to touch the gun, and it wasn't enforced in such a way to ensure he'd never even think of doing so is the greatest crime these parents committed in my mind.

Mainly in failing to properly instruct the child and to enforce sufficient discipline to ensure that it wasn't an issue.

Anathema, you are an idiot. Children of three often do things on impulse, and having that kind of arsenal where a child could easily get at it is criminal negligence. I own guns, and none of them are easy to get at. Not only that, they are not loaded, and the ammo is in a seperate place, well secured. There is no excuse for this kind of negligence.

He should have spent less time collecting guns, and more time memorizing the combination to his gun safe. :doubt:

Was it any sort of factor? It always is for me, when I make a purchase.... regardless of whether the handgun/rifle/shotgun is for hunting, target, competition, etc... if I cannot find a reasonable place for it in my defensive plan, then it's not something I really need that badly.

Yes, the child would be. I am sick and tired of this idea that seems so common these days that children aren't or can't be held responsible for their own actions. YES, even at the age of THREE. The fact that this child was not properly taught not to touch the gun, and it wasn't enforced in such a way to ensure he'd never even think of doing so is the greatest crime these parents committed in my mind.

Mainly in failing to properly instruct the child and to enforce sufficient discipline to ensure that it wasn't an issue.
Instructing the child :lol::lol: it's obvious you have no kids!

"The parents of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in the abdomen March 3 have been indicted on four counts of felony child abuse.

Don and Sharina Marion, who live in Elephant Head, were indicted July 2 by a grand jury; court records were made available this week.

They entered not guilty pleas, were appointed an attorney and were released on their own recognizance July 23. They face an Aug. 25 case management court date.

Don Marion, 50, is the volunteer fire chief for Elephant Head Fire Department.

Detectives found 20 unsecured guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition throughout the couple's home after their 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the abdomen, according to Pima County Sheriff's reports. The child survived.

"

Parents charged after boy, 3, shoots himself - Green Valley News: Local News

The father had a gun safe, but left it unlocked because he could not remember the combination. The children were removed from the home by Child Protective Services, but were later returned.

This man, who is the chief of the volunteer fire Department, no less, should be the poster child of the Arizona branch of the NRA. He is exactly the kind of man that gun control advocates are trying to stop. In this man's case, if convicted, he should be prohibited by law from owning or having a gun in his home until his children reach majority.

I hope [MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION] reads this and thinks about his decision to leave loaded guns scattered around his home.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How much, "Time Out" would be appropriate for the 3 year old to stand in the corner for manslaughter?

Forum List

Back