Boy, 3, shoots self, parents charged.

20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition? This guy didn't have guns to protect himself, he probably was planning a massacre or something. I'd consider him a danger to the general population.

So every police precinct is planning a massacre?

20 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition? This guy didn't have guns to protect himself, he probably was planning a massacre or something. I'd consider him a danger to the general population.

I have 22 guns and probably 3 thousand rounds of ammunition (down considerably because of the difficulty finding it).

Am I a danger to society?

Please share your wisdom on why having 20 guns means you are planning a massacre?

"The parents of a 3-year-old boy who shot himself in the abdomen March 3 have been indicted on four counts of felony child abuse.

Don and Sharina Marion, who live in Elephant Head, were indicted July 2 by a grand jury; court records were made available this week.

They entered not guilty pleas, were appointed an attorney and were released on their own recognizance July 23. They face an Aug. 25 case management court date.

Don Marion, 50, is the volunteer fire chief for Elephant Head Fire Department.

Detectives found 20 unsecured guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition throughout the couple's home after their 3-year-old son accidentally shot himself in the abdomen, according to Pima County Sheriff's reports. The child survived.
"

Parents charged after boy, 3, shoots himself - Green Valley News: Local News

The father had a gun safe, but left it unlocked because he could not remember the combination. The children were removed from the home by Child Protective Services, but were later returned.

This man, who is the chief of the volunteer fire Department, no less, should be the poster child of the Arizona branch of the NRA. He is exactly the kind of man that gun control advocates are trying to stop. In this man's case, if convicted, he should be prohibited by law from owning or having a gun in his home until his children reach majority.

Confiscate all the guns, ammo, and related things and toss both parents in the clink til the boy's 18.

Reminds of a similar story but with more dire and stupid details,
Boy, 8, Shoots Self With Uzi at Gun Show | Fox News

Sad story, I grieve for the victim, but no you cannot have my guns, and no, you cannot have my second amendment freedoms.

I'm one of the nicest dudes a person will ever meet. I have 14 guns (mainly collector's items) and thousands of rounds of ammo for target shooting. I have no desire to massacre lots of folks or even shoot one.

Used to own a .45 Federal Ordance 1911, and Colt Trooper IV .357 (for duty carry.) Once I got out of that line of work though I got rid of them. Having access to firearms puts your mind into some really dark places. If you spend you life obsessively worrying about 'what-ifs' you'll prolly find the situation you've been dreading.

Seems to me the real "crime" of the parents was not properly teaching their child what to touch and what not to touch. I guarantee that child will no longer touch a firearm without proper adult supervision. He learned the lesson the hard way, but that's what some children need.

I've got a smaller selection of firearms around my condo, and less loose ammo, but when one considers the other self-defense tools (knives, swords, axes, etc....) that are strategically placed around my home, I'd say that I'm well beyond 20.

Used to own a .45 Federal Ordance 1911, and Colt Trooper IV .357 (for duty carry.) Once I got out of that line of work though I got rid of them. Having access to firearms puts your mind into some really dark places. If you spend you life obsessively worrying about 'what-ifs' you'll prolly find the situation you've been dreading.

I say this with all sincerity and honesty..... I hope your ass gets mugged and you get the piss kicked out of you by the mugger; simply for being stupid enough to disarm yourself. That's exactly what you morons who rely on others to keep you safe deserve.

Huh ? So all gun owners are people who's minds are in "dark places" ? Seriously ? You really stand by that assertion ?

And by the way, I am personally offended by the cliche notion that gun owners are "obsessively worrying" or are fearful.
I have over a dozen guns, and not one of them were purchased because I am fearful, or I sit around worrying. I love guns, I love shooting them, cleaning them, taking them apart, and I do not own them for security reasons.

.....I have over a dozen guns, and not one of them were purchased because I am fearful, or I sit around worrying. I love guns, I love shooting them, cleaning them, taking them apart, and I do not own them for security reasons.

So, if there were to be a defensive situation where you were in a situation to righteously (lgally and morally) use one of those firearms to defend yourself, your property, or your family would you do it?

Honestly, if the answer is "No", while I respect that, you would not be the sort of person I want owning firearms in this country.

.....I have over a dozen guns, and not one of them were purchased because I am fearful, or I sit around worrying. I love guns, I love shooting them, cleaning them, taking them apart, and I do not own them for security reasons.

So, if there were to be a defensive situation where you were in a situation to righteously (lgally and morally) use one of those firearms to defend yourself, your property, or your family would you do it?

Honestly, if the answer is "No", while I respect that, you would not be the sort of person I want owning firearms in this country.

Of course I would, but that was not the chief reason they were purchased.

Seems to me the real "crime" of the parents was not properly teaching their child what to touch and what not to touch. I guarantee that child will no longer touch a firearm without proper adult supervision. He learned the lesson the hard way, but that's what some children need.

I've got a smaller selection of firearms around my condo, and less loose ammo, but when one considers the other self-defense tools (knives, swords, axes, etc....) that are strategically placed around my home, I'd say that I'm well beyond 20.

Why, of course! It is the three year old's fault!

Something smells fishy here. Four counts of child abuse? Leaving guns around could be considered child endangerment at best by the left wing bed wetters, but he was charged with four counts of child abuse. There has to be more to this story.

Why, of course! It is the three year old's fault!

Only partially. The parents own most of the responsibility for failing to properly teach the 3 year old not to touch the gun, and for failing to provide proper oversight of the child. The child owns part of the responsibility for touching things he's not supposed to.

Hell, I learned not to touch the stove top by burning my hand after having been told 3 times not to touch it because it was hot. Really no different than this.

Should have sold them to me. One can NEVER have too many guns.

I say this with all sincerity and honesty..... I hope your ass gets mugged and you get the piss kicked out of you by the mugger; simply for being stupid enough to disarm yourself. That's exactly what you morons who rely on others to keep you safe deserve.

Muggers are the best salesman for gun ownership. "It can't happen to me" ... until it does.

Forum List

Back