Boy........Did we ever get Schlonged

It takes business expansion to create jobs. Not government oppression.
How do they expand if they do not have customers buying their goods. You people think handing corporations money makers them hire. No, it does not.

You think that by allowing dirtier air, polluted water, ignoring MMGW, Ignoring the health dangers, risking another Bush recession is somehow worth the risk. Do you know how many people die or are sickened every year by pollution? Do you know how many people lost their homes & jobs because of the actions of financial institutions?

We have had a record string of months with positive job growth.

You want to take us back to losing 800,000 jobs a month & a economic growth of negative 6.2%.

How do they expand if they do not have customers buying their goods. You people think handing corporations money makers them hire. No, it does not.

You think that by allowing dirtier air, polluted water, ignoring MMGW, Ignoring the health dangers, risking another Bush recession is somehow worth the risk. Do you know how many people die or are sickened every year by pollution? Do you know how many people lost their homes & jobs because of the actions of financial institutions?

You want to take us back to losing 800,000 jobs a month & a economic growth of negative 6.2%.

Who's talking about handing them money? A business friendly environment is going to grow business. Period.

Why wouldn't I?

I want the country and the economy to do well. If Trumps policies create jobs and spark the economy, I say good for him. If he screws things up....I will criticize that also

I expect the market to crash today but should recover over the next month or so as the shock of Trumps victory wears off

Trump is going to make the economy better, and that is showing already. You know what that means, right? More jobs and better paying jobs for the American people. When businesses grow, America grows. Businesses don't like liberals. Lol.

Dow posts best week since 2011 after Donald Trump election win

U.S. equities closed mostly higher on Friday, with the three major indexes posting their best weekly gains of the year on the back of a surprise Republican sweep.

"I think you're seeing a transition from a government that had its thumb on growth to a free economy," said Bruce Bittles, chief investment strategist at Baird. "We're now looking at an economy that can reach its full potential."

The Dow Jones industrial average closed about 37 points higher, with Goldman Sachs contributing the most gains. For the week, the Dow rose around 5.4 percent, marking its best weekly performance since December 2011.

"The Republican sweep across Washington should pave the way for tax reform at both the individual and corporate level. America's largest multinational companies will almost assuredly have the opportunity to repatriate some of its foreign cash holdings for a modest penalty," said Jeremy Klein, chief market strategist at FBN Securities.

The S&P 500 underperformed, falling 0.15 percent, with energy falling 1.68 percent to lead decliners. The index, however, ended the week about 3.8 percent higher, posting its highest weekly gain since 2013.

Energy stocks were pressured by falling oil prices, as U.S. crude fell 2.8 percent to settle at $43.41 per barrel after OPEC said October output reached another record, casting doubt on whether its plan to limit production is achievable or enough to ease persisting oversupply in the market.

The Nasdaq composite rose more than half a percent and gained 3.8 percent for the week, marking its best weekly performance since February.

"Within a week, the market went from egregiously oversold to overbought. They managed to repair all the damage done during the nine-day losing streak," said Adam Sarhan, CEO of 50 Park Investments.

Stocks skyrocketed after Republican Donald Trump's surprise victory over Hillary Clinton, as investors considered the prospects of higher infrastructure spending and less regulation within the financial sector. The Dow closed at an all-time high on Thursday, while the S&P and the Nasdaq were flirting with their record highs entering Friday. Financial markets, as well as numerous pollsters and political analysts, had expected Clinton, the former secretary of State, to win the race for the White House.

"The market is giving Trump the bullish benefit of the doubt," Sarhan said. But "if he starts going off the deep end, whether on foreign policy or something else, then that could be bad for the market."
So why do you think Wall Street is happy? The tearing down of Dodd Frank & regulations to prevent another financial near meltdown.

Because they aren't going to be demonized and under attack by a liberal administration anymore.
Wall Street nearly killed America in 2008. Did you forget? They took mortgages they knew were bad, rolled them into securities, paid for AAA ratings & sold them to unaware investors.
Are you really this naive?

You think we can trust banks & investment companies to do the right thing. TARP proved that foolish idea wrong.

And a whole lot of that was due to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Remember?

Top 10 Barney Frank Offenses | Human Events

Fannie and Freddie: As ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank blocked tightened oversight over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying in 2003, “These two entities … are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” and, “I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing.” More than any other factor, the 2008 financial meltdown was caused by pushing these government-sponsored enterprises to encourage housing loans to risky borrowers. Thanks a lot, Barney.

Fannie & Freddie were merely participants not the only ones.

& really Barney Frankl? You blame a over weight gay guy in a MINORITY position in the House? Do you know how the House works? I laugh everytime you people drag out the Frank excuse.

Trump is going to make the economy better, and that is showing already. You know what that means, right? More jobs and better paying jobs for the American people. When businesses grow, America grows. Businesses don't like liberals. Lol.

Dow posts best week since 2011 after Donald Trump election win

U.S. equities closed mostly higher on Friday, with the three major indexes posting their best weekly gains of the year on the back of a surprise Republican sweep.

"I think you're seeing a transition from a government that had its thumb on growth to a free economy," said Bruce Bittles, chief investment strategist at Baird. "We're now looking at an economy that can reach its full potential."

The Dow Jones industrial average closed about 37 points higher, with Goldman Sachs contributing the most gains. For the week, the Dow rose around 5.4 percent, marking its best weekly performance since December 2011.

"The Republican sweep across Washington should pave the way for tax reform at both the individual and corporate level. America's largest multinational companies will almost assuredly have the opportunity to repatriate some of its foreign cash holdings for a modest penalty," said Jeremy Klein, chief market strategist at FBN Securities.

The S&P 500 underperformed, falling 0.15 percent, with energy falling 1.68 percent to lead decliners. The index, however, ended the week about 3.8 percent higher, posting its highest weekly gain since 2013.

Energy stocks were pressured by falling oil prices, as U.S. crude fell 2.8 percent to settle at $43.41 per barrel after OPEC said October output reached another record, casting doubt on whether its plan to limit production is achievable or enough to ease persisting oversupply in the market.

The Nasdaq composite rose more than half a percent and gained 3.8 percent for the week, marking its best weekly performance since February.

"Within a week, the market went from egregiously oversold to overbought. They managed to repair all the damage done during the nine-day losing streak," said Adam Sarhan, CEO of 50 Park Investments.

Stocks skyrocketed after Republican Donald Trump's surprise victory over Hillary Clinton, as investors considered the prospects of higher infrastructure spending and less regulation within the financial sector. The Dow closed at an all-time high on Thursday, while the S&P and the Nasdaq were flirting with their record highs entering Friday. Financial markets, as well as numerous pollsters and political analysts, had expected Clinton, the former secretary of State, to win the race for the White House.

"The market is giving Trump the bullish benefit of the doubt," Sarhan said. But "if he starts going off the deep end, whether on foreign policy or something else, then that could be bad for the market."
So why do you think Wall Street is happy? The tearing down of Dodd Frank & regulations to prevent another financial near meltdown.

Because they aren't going to be demonized and under attack by a liberal administration anymore.
Wall Street nearly killed America in 2008. Did you forget? They took mortgages they knew were bad, rolled them into securities, paid for AAA ratings & sold them to unaware investors.

You think we can trust banks & investment companies to do the right thing. TARP proved that foolish idea wrong.

Fannie and Freddie: As ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank blocked tightened oversight over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying in 2003, “These two entities … are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” and, “I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing.” More than any other factor, the 2008 financial meltdown was caused by pushing these government-sponsored enterprises to encourage housing loans to risky borrowers. Thanks a lot, Barney.

& really Barney Frankl? You blame a over weight gay guy in a MINORITY position in the House? Do you know how the House works? I laugh everytime you people drag out the Frank excuse.

He was a ranking member of the house financial services committee. He blocked any tightened oversight on these government funded institutions. They played a HUGE role in the financial collapse by giving out mortgages to unqualified people.

Who's talking about handing them money? A business friendly environment is going to grow business. Period.

What do they gain by slashing regulation? Money.

He was a ranking member of the house financial services committee. He blocked any tightened oversight on these government funded institutions. They played a HUGE role in the financial collapse by giving out mortgages to unqualified people.

He was a Minority member. You can't block stuff in the House.

Frank didn't sell any one a mortgage.

You really are quite uninformed.

Who said anything about slashing regulations?

He was one in charge of the oversight on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. I think it is you who is uninformed.

"On December 9, The Atlantic published online an interview with Congressman Barney Frank. In it, he called me a "real extremist." This name-calling was not only false but also inappropriate to the seriousness of the issue -- which is whether government housing policy, and not the banks or the private sector, caused the 2008 financial crisis. I decided to respond to both Congressman Frank's statements and the questions he was asked about government housing policy and the financial crisis.

Congressman Frank, of course, blamed the financial crisis on the failure adequately to regulate the banks. In this, he is following the traditional Washington practice of blaming others for his own mistakes. For most of his career, Barney Frank was the principal advocate in Congress for using the government's authority to force lower underwriting standards in the business of housing finance. Although he claims to have tried to reverse course as early as 2003, that was the year he made the oft-quoted remark, "I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation toward subsidized housing." Rather than reversing course, he was pressing on when others were beginning to have doubts."

The other thing this election has done is expose the D Party. It is now the party of the establishment and wealthy elites on the east and west coasts. The D Party is no longer the party of the working class or middle class...if it ever was.

Not at all. How can that be when the establishment is under Republican control in Congress, Most governors are Republican & most State legislatures are run by Republicans. The working class will soon learn that Donald Trump could give a shit about them. He has imported labor to work in his hotels, He imported labor & steel to build them. He imported nearly all of his products.

If his immigration polices and trade policy work as planned, greatly benefiting working class Americans, will you admit it, or play deflection games?

If they don't, and the wall is not built, he has not defeated ISIS, and the 11 million he claims he will deport in the first 100 days, will you admit to being fooled?

Depends on why.

If the reason is that the Political Class stonewalls with the support of a vile media that has morals that would embarrass a crack whore, then no, I would blame his enemies for fighting against America.

If the reason is that he doesn't even try, or reverses himself, than yes.

Now, dare you to answer MY QUESTION?

If his immigration polices and trade policy work as planned, greatly benefiting working class Americans, will you admit it, or play deflection games?

Trump has flipped and flopped too many times for me to believe anything he has said. A classic demagogue, and a charlatan, we can expect the unexpected on a daily basis. My hope is we survive the next four years.

Words have consequences, and I sincerely believe Trump acts before seeking counsel, and does not put that twitter remark under his pillow and send it (or not) upon reflection after speaking with members of his staff.

We're stuck with him, I hope not to have to write, "I told you so" and I do wish Godspeed for our country under his leadership. My initial fear is the rumor that he will appoint Giuliani and Gingrich to positions of responsibility, in doing so he will expose himself to criticism for engaging in cronyism, something he criticized President Obama and the Democrats of doing and which he lampooned, and such a F&F is hypocrisy on steroids.
The worst part about Giuliani and Gingrich is not cronyism but that they have been out of the loop for decades. They may have been good selections twenty years ago but I am not sure they still have their A Game

He was one in charge of the oversight on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. I think it is you who is uninformed.

"On December 9, The Atlantic published online an interview with Congressman Barney Frank. In it, he called me a "real extremist." This name-calling was not only false but also inappropriate to the seriousness of the issue -- which is whether government housing policy, and not the banks or the private sector, caused the 2008 financial crisis. I decided to respond to both Congressman Frank's statements and the questions he was asked about government housing policy and the financial crisis.

Congressman Frank, of course, blamed the financial crisis on the failure adequately to regulate the banks. In this, he is following the traditional Washington practice of blaming others for his own mistakes. For most of his career, Barney Frank was the principal advocate in Congress for using the government's authority to force lower underwriting standards in the business of housing finance. Although he claims to have tried to reverse course as early as 2003, that was the year he made the oft-quoted remark, "I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation toward subsidized housing." Rather than reversing course, he was pressing on when others were beginning to have doubts."
If it was not a failure to regulate the banks...what was it?

Depends on why.

If the reason is that the Political Class stonewalls with the support of a vile media that has morals that would embarrass a crack whore, then no, I would blame his enemies for fighting against America.

If the reason is that he doesn't even try, or reverses himself, than yes.

Now, dare you to answer MY QUESTION?

Trump has flipped and flopped too many times for me to believe anything he has said. A classic demagogue, and a charlatan, we can expect the unexpected on a daily basis. My hope is we survive the next four years.

Words have consequences, and I sincerely believe Trump acts before seeking counsel, and does not put that twitter remark under his pillow and send it (or not) upon reflection after speaking with members of his staff.

We're stuck with him, I hope not to have to write, "I told you so" and I do wish Godspeed for our country under his leadership. My initial fear is the rumor that he will appoint Giuliani and Gingrich to positions of responsibility, in doing so he will expose himself to criticism for engaging in cronyism, something he criticized President Obama and the Democrats of doing and which he lampooned, and such a F&F is hypocrisy on steroids.
I guess you're not watching the Financial Networks.
Wall Street is folding like a bad Poker hand.

View attachment 98068

Corporations, especially banking, see the door opening to go back to fewer pollution controls, fewer regulations protecting consumers, back to poor banking practices. You learned nothing from TARP.

More jobs.

How? What can the Congress do to create jobs in the private sector? Cut taxes? Will that trickle down to more jobs?

Will fiscal conservatism somehow create jobs, or will it cost jobs by putting civil servants out of work? Less cops, POs, Social Workers, teachers and health centers will have consequences, what do you see will be the effect?

Magical thinking is for children, we need adults to run the nation. Greed is a deadly sin, and I am not optimistic that Trump, McConnell and Ryan have the value system necessary to run a nation which will no longer be of the people, by the people or for the people.

The two words that haunt me, and may very well haunt all of us non elites are Plutocracy and Fascism, they go hand in hand and have become the new normal. Get used to it, those who celebrate today are sure to be disappointed. Will the willfully ignorant have the character to admit voter remorse? I doubt it, the revisionists will make sure to rewrite history and blame Obama and the Democratic Party for the Great Recession, high unemployment and killing the American Dream.

The failure to regulate came from Barney Frank and other libs who supported giving unqualified people mortgages.

The failure to regulate came from Barney Frank and other libs who supported giving unqualified people mortgages.

Which means we had a lack of regulation that allowed banks to bury these loans in with solid loans and sell them as prime investments

View attachment 98068

Corporations, especially banking, see the door opening to go back to fewer pollution controls, fewer regulations protecting consumers, back to poor banking practices. You learned nothing from TARP.

More jobs.

How? What can the Congress do to create jobs in the private sector? Cut taxes? Will that trickle down to more jobs?

Will fiscal conservatism somehow create jobs, or will it cost jobs by putting civil servants out of work? Less cops, POs, Social Workers, teachers and health centers will have consequences, what do you see will be the effect?

Magical thinking is for children, we need adults to run the nation. Greed is a deadly sin, and I am not optimistic that Trump, McConnell and Ryan have the value system necessary to run a nation which will no longer be of the people, by the people or for the people.

The two words that haunt me, and may very well haunt all of us non elites are Plutocracy and Fascism, they go hand in hand and have become the new normal. Get used to it, those who celebrate today are sure to be disappointed. Will the willfully ignorant have the character to admit voter remorse? I doubt it, the revisionists will make sure to rewrite history and blame Obama and the Democratic Party for the Great Recession, high unemployment and killing the American Dream.
The federal government has never will never create jobs, it can't. It is up to the private sector.
With shitty numbers like two and 3% GDP one can see that when there is more government jobs then private jobs in certain areas that's a failure every time.

Donald J Trump. What "government intrusion" are you talking about?

But will a business friendly environment (BFE) grow business in the United States?

A BFE is a euphemism for cutting taxes, but who will benefit? Saying a BFE will grow business is a panacea, and an example of magical thinking; adults expect more than simple phrases like that, or make America Great Again.

View attachment 98068

More jobs.

The federal government has never will never create jobs, it can't. It is up to the private sector.
With shitty numbers like two and 3% GDP one can see that when there is more government jobs then private jobs in certain areas that's a failure every time.

The Federal Government does create jobs. Lots of jobs and many are private sector jobs. Rustic simply parrots bullshit, I sometimes wonder how he learned how to turn on a computer.

A minority member of the House can not block anything. NOTHING. They can argue, stamp ther feet but they can not block anything.

Frank argued against more government intrusion in Fannie & Freddie. But that is it.

George W Bush wanted to put F & F under the control of the White House. The Republicans even said no.

Which means we had a lack of regulation that allowed banks to bury these loans in with solid loans and sell them as prime investments
foolish...to think big gov can effectively regulate big business, is one of the biggest and dumbest things anyone can think.

Big gov and big business ALWAYS collude.

Donald J Trump. What "government intrusion" are you talking about?

Why do you keep trying to misrepresent what I say? I said nothing about government intrusion. You are a total liberal. Lol. Dishonest arguments, putting words in people's mouths, putting ALL the blame on one side of the spectrum. Good grief.

Regulations that don't really serve much purpose should be slashed. I'm not against regulating the big businesses though. Yes, some regulations are necessary. What you have to think about is small mom and pop businesses who can't afford the things you libs want! Why can't you understand these things?

I say that nobody should have their taxes raised because that prevents growth which in turn prevents new jobs and ultimately hurts the average American citizen.

Forum List

Back