Boy........Did we ever get Schlonged

I guess you're not watching the Financial Networks.
Wall Street is folding like a bad Poker hand.

View attachment 98068

Corporations, especially banking, see the door opening to go back to fewer pollution controls, fewer regulations protecting consumers, back to poor banking practices. You learned nothing from TARP.

More jobs.

How? What can the Congress do to create jobs in the private sector? Cut taxes? Will that trickle down to more jobs?

Will fiscal conservatism somehow create jobs, or will it cost jobs by putting civil servants out of work? Less cops, POs, Social Workers, teachers and health centers will have consequences, what do you see will be the effect?

Magical thinking is for children, we need adults to run the nation. Greed is a deadly sin, and I am not optimistic that Trump, McConnell and Ryan have the value system necessary to run a nation which will no longer be of the people, by the people or for the people.

The two words that haunt me, and may very well haunt all of us non elites are Plutocracy and Fascism, they go hand in hand and have become the new normal. Get used to it, those who celebrate today are sure to be disappointed. Will the willfully ignorant have the character to admit voter remorse? I doubt it, the revisionists will make sure to rewrite history and blame Obama and the Democratic Party for the Great Recession, high unemployment and killing the American Dream.
The federal government has never will never create jobs, it can't. It is up to the private sector.
With shitty numbers like two and 3% GDP one can see that when there is more government jobs then private jobs in certain areas that's a failure every time.
The federal government creates millions of jobs in both the public and private sector

Corporations, especially banking, see the door opening to go back to fewer pollution controls, fewer regulations protecting consumers, back to poor banking practices. You learned nothing from TARP.

More jobs.

How? What can the Congress do to create jobs in the private sector? Cut taxes? Will that trickle down to more jobs?

Will fiscal conservatism somehow create jobs, or will it cost jobs by putting civil servants out of work? Less cops, POs, Social Workers, teachers and health centers will have consequences, what do you see will be the effect?

Magical thinking is for children, we need adults to run the nation. Greed is a deadly sin, and I am not optimistic that Trump, McConnell and Ryan have the value system necessary to run a nation which will no longer be of the people, by the people or for the people.

The two words that haunt me, and may very well haunt all of us non elites are Plutocracy and Fascism, they go hand in hand and have become the new normal. Get used to it, those who celebrate today are sure to be disappointed. Will the willfully ignorant have the character to admit voter remorse? I doubt it, the revisionists will make sure to rewrite history and blame Obama and the Democratic Party for the Great Recession, high unemployment and killing the American Dream.
The federal government has never will never create jobs, it can't. It is up to the private sector.
With shitty numbers like two and 3% GDP one can see that when there is more government jobs then private jobs in certain areas that's a failure every time.
The federal government creates millions of jobs in both the public and private sector

You are such a lackey that I can't even read your posts without either laughing or puking.

He was a Minority member. You can't block stuff in the House.

Frank didn't sell any one a mortgage.

You really are quite uninformed.

He was one in charge of the oversight on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. I think it is you who is uninformed.

"On December 9, The Atlantic published online an interview with Congressman Barney Frank. In it, he called me a "real extremist." This name-calling was not only false but also inappropriate to the seriousness of the issue -- which is whether government housing policy, and not the banks or the private sector, caused the 2008 financial crisis. I decided to respond to both Congressman Frank's statements and the questions he was asked about government housing policy and the financial crisis.

Congressman Frank, of course, blamed the financial crisis on the failure adequately to regulate the banks. In this, he is following the traditional Washington practice of blaming others for his own mistakes. For most of his career, Barney Frank was the principal advocate in Congress for using the government's authority to force lower underwriting standards in the business of housing finance. Although he claims to have tried to reverse course as early as 2003, that was the year he made the oft-quoted remark, "I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation toward subsidized housing." Rather than reversing course, he was pressing on when others were beginning to have doubts."
If it was not a failure to regulate the banks...what was it?

The failure to regulate came from Barney Frank and other libs who supported giving unqualified people mortgages.

Which means we had a lack of regulation that allowed banks to bury these loans in with solid loans and sell them as prime investments
foolish...to think big gov can effectively regulate big business, is one of the biggest and dumbest things anyone can think.

Big gov and big business ALWAYS collude.

Big business cannot function without big government

He was one in charge of the oversight on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. I think it is you who is uninformed.

"On December 9, The Atlantic published online an interview with Congressman Barney Frank. In it, he called me a "real extremist." This name-calling was not only false but also inappropriate to the seriousness of the issue -- which is whether government housing policy, and not the banks or the private sector, caused the 2008 financial crisis. I decided to respond to both Congressman Frank's statements and the questions he was asked about government housing policy and the financial crisis.

Congressman Frank, of course, blamed the financial crisis on the failure adequately to regulate the banks. In this, he is following the traditional Washington practice of blaming others for his own mistakes. For most of his career, Barney Frank was the principal advocate in Congress for using the government's authority to force lower underwriting standards in the business of housing finance. Although he claims to have tried to reverse course as early as 2003, that was the year he made the oft-quoted remark, "I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation toward subsidized housing." Rather than reversing course, he was pressing on when others were beginning to have doubts."

The failure to regulate came from Barney Frank and other libs who supported giving unqualified people mortgages.

Which means we had a lack of regulation that allowed banks to bury these loans in with solid loans and sell them as prime investments
foolish...to think big gov can effectively regulate big business, is one of the biggest and dumbest things anyone can think.

Yeah so?

You love big government...so you must love big business....logically now.

Fannie & Freddie were merely participants not the only ones.

& really Barney Frankl? You blame a over weight gay guy in a MINORITY position in the House? Do you know how the House works? I laugh everytime you people drag out the Frank excuse.

He was a ranking member of the house financial services committee. He blocked any tightened oversight on these government funded institutions. They played a HUGE role in the financial collapse by giving out mortgages to unqualified people.

BULLSHIT. Are you willfully ignorant or a liar? Seriously, ad hominem aside, the housing bubble had many fathers and too many motherFers. Simple statements like ChrilL makes pisses me off. How can anyone actually believe greed and fraud were all a product of Democrats, liberals or Barney Frank.

Biddable fools are the bane of democracy.

He was a ranking member of the house financial services committee. He blocked any tightened oversight on these government funded institutions. They played a HUGE role in the financial collapse by giving out mortgages to unqualified people.

BULLSHIT. Are you willfully ignorant or a liar? Seriously, ad hominem aside, the housing bubble had many fathers and too many motherFers. Simple statements like ChrilL makes pisses me off. How can anyone actually believe greed and fraud were all a product of Democrats, liberals or Barney Frank.

Everything I've posted is the truth. It's not my fault if you cannot accept reality. That is typical for a liberal like yourself.

Do you people not understand cause and effect?

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ions-cost-the-us-economy-trillions-of-dollars

While the effectiveness of different rules can vary, this regulatory accumulation is hurting the U.S. economy. A study in the June issue of the "Journal of Economic Growth" – authored by John Dawson of Appalachian State University and John Seater of North Carolina State University – estimates that federal regulations have reduced economic growth by about 2 percent per year between 1949 and 2005. They find that if federal regulations were still at levels seen in the year 1949, current GDP would be $38.8 trillion higher. While that number seems extraordinarily high, a number of other studies have similarly concluded that regulatory accumulation slows down economic growth.

Part of the reason is that regulations act as a hidden tax on individuals. If the Department of Transportation sets a higher fuel efficiency mandate for cars, then cars become more expensive, just as if the government imposed a new tax on vehicle purchases.

The American people have spoken. We want better and more jobs, more accountability for government departments, and a more robust economy.

More jobs.

the difference is that public sector job are paid for with tax collections, private sector jobs are paid by selling goods and services. It amazes me that you don't understand that.

Everything I've posted is the truth. It's not my fault if you cannot accept reality. That is typical for a liberal like yourself.

Thanks so much for sharing. IMO you are the prisoner chained in the cave in Plato's allegory.

For the not willfully ignorant:

Allegory of the Cave - Wikipedia

More jobs.

No, the federal government does not create jobs, it uses the private sector to create jobs. But it itself does not create jobs.
Obviously military, police and fire are necessary jobs, but civilian public jobs are really not jobs at all. Because someone has to pay for those jobs in the form of taxes so they are really a liability… Fact

Government cannot function without big private business… Because there is no creativity, no innovation in big government.

You look in the dictionary and fraud has a picture of career politicians… Fact

More jobs.

the difference is that public sector job are paid for with tax collections, private sector jobs are paid by selling goods and services. It amazes me that you don't understand that.

Seriously?

Q. Who builds bridges, tunnels and highways an other public sector projects?

A. Private sector contractors who hire private sector employees.

The dollars come from government revenue from selling bonds and treasury bills more so than from tax dollars.

You and ChirsL must both frequent the same Kool-aid bar.

More jobs.

Seriously?

Q. Who builds bridges, tunnels and highways an other public sector projects?

A. Private sector contractors who hire private sector employees.

The dollars come from government revenue from selling bonds and treasury bills more so than from tax dollars.

You and ChirsL must both frequent the same Kool-aid bar.

That is not the issue we are discussing though. The public sector does not help with job growth or creation because it is based off tax payer dollars.

Government cannot function without big private business… Because there is no creativity, no innovation in big government.

Really, so you say. JFK had a different opinion:

http://history.nasa.gov/moondec.html

Have another cup of kool-aid, or go to he same bar as Rustic and ChrisL and buy a round.

Really, so you say. JFK had a different opinion:

http://history.nasa.gov/moondec.html

Have another cup of kool-aid, or go to he same bar as Rustic and ChrisL and buy a round.

The one who refuses to accept reality (you) is the one drinking the Kool-Aid, sorry bud. Lol.

The government is not allowed to do that type of R&D anymore. They used to be very good at it......remember the Manhatan Project?

7 Reasons Why Liberals Are Incapable of Understanding The World

1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views. This sort of close-mindedness makes liberals nearly impervious to any information that might undermine their beliefs.

CARTOONS | HENRY PAYNE
VIEW CARTOON
2) Liberals sources of information are ever present. Conservatives are regularly exposed to the liberal viewpoint whether they want to be or not. That's not necessarily so for liberals. Imagine the average day for liberals. They get up and read their local newspaper. It has a liberal viewpoint. They take their kids to school, where the teachers are liberal. Then they go to work, listen to NPR which has a liberal viewpoint on the way home, and then turn on the nightly news which also skews leftward. From there, they turn on TV and watch shows created by liberals that lean to the left, if they have any political viewpoint at all. Unless liberals actively seek out conservative viewpoints, which is unlikely, the only conservative arguments they're probably going to hear are going to be through the heavily distorted, poorly translated, deeply skeptical lens of other liberals.

3) Liberals emphasize feeling superior, not superior results. Liberalism is all about appearances, not outcomes. What matters to liberals is how a program makes them FEEL about themselves, not whether it works or not. Thus a program like Headstart, which sounds good because it's designed to help children read, makes liberals feel good about themselves, even though the program doesn't work and wastes billions. A ban on DDT makes liberals feel good about themselves because they're "protecting the environment" even though millions of people have died as a result. For liberals, it's not what a program does in the real world; it's about whether they feel better about themselves for supporting it.

4) Liberals are big believers in moral relativism. This spins them round and round because if the only thing that's wrong is saying that there's an absolute moral code, then you lose your ability to tell cause from effect, good from bad, and right from wrong. Taking being non-judgmental to the level that liberals do leaves them paralyzed, pondering "why they hate us" because they feel incapable of saying, “That's wrong," and doing something about it. If you're against firm standards and condemning immoral behavior, then your moral compass won’t work and you’ll also be for immorality, as well as societal and cultural decay by default.

5) Liberals tend to view people as parts of groups, not individuals. One of the prejudices of liberalism is that they see everyone as part of a group, not as an individual. This can lead to rather bizarre disparities when say, a man from a group that they consider to be powerless, impoverished victims becomes the leader of the free world -- and he's challenged by a group of lower middle class white people who've banded together because individually they're powerless. If you listen to the liberal rhetoric, you might think Barack Obama was a black Republican being surrounded by a KKK lynching party 100 years ago -- as opposed to the single most powerful man in America abusing the authority of his office to attack ordinary Tea Partiers who have the audacity to speak the truth to power for the good of their country.

6) Liberals take a dim view of personal responsibility. Who's at fault if a criminal commits a crime? The criminal or society? If someone creates a business and becomes a millionaire, is that the result of hard work and talent or luck? If you're dirt poor, starving, and haven't worked in 5 years, is that a personal failing or a failure of the state? Conservatives would tend to say the former in each case, while liberals would tend to say the latter. But when you disconnect what an individual does from the results that happen in his life, it's very difficult to understand cause and effect in people's lives.

7) Liberals give themselves far too much credit just for being liberal. To many liberals, all one needs to do to be wise, intelligent, compassionate, open minded, and sensitive is to BE LIBERAL. In other words, many of the good things about a person spring not from his actions, but from the ideology he holds. This has an obvious appeal. You can be a diehard misogynist, but plausibly call yourself a feminist, hate blacks, but accuse others of racism, have a subpar IQ and be an intellectual, give nothing to charity and be compassionate, etc., etc., and all you have to do is call yourself a liberal. It's a shortcut to virtue much like the corrupt old idea of religious indulgences. Why live a life of virtue when you could live a sinful life and buy your way into heaven? If you're a liberal, why actually live a life of virtue when you can merely call yourself a liberal and get credit for being virtuous, even when you've done nothing to earn it?

More jobs.

No, the federal government does not create jobs, it uses the private sector to create jobs. But it itself does not create jobs.
Obviously military, police and fire are necessary jobs, but civilian public jobs are really not jobs at all. Because someone has to pay for those jobs in the form of taxes so they are really a liability… Fact

The entire Defense Industry does not exist without government. The private sector does not build these neat fighter jets and submarines and then come to the government and say.....would you like to buy one?

Forum List

Back