Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are ‘Simulated Firearms’

So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
This news feels disturbing to me. Kids are being deprived of one of the greatest funs because of some doubtul safety. And guns are being demonized.
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?

Boy Scouts of America has banned both squirt-gun fights and anything involving a water balloon larger than a ping-pong ball. “Pointing any type of firearm or simulated firearm at any individual is unauthorized,” states the group’s 2015 manual. “Water guns and rubber band guns must only be used to shoot at targets, and eye protection must be worn,” it continues. As for those other dangerous weapons, water balloons, they may be “no larger than a ping-pong ball” and must be biodegradable. Sound like a bit much? Well, according to Bryan Wendell, authort of the blog Bryan on Scouting, there’s a actually perfectly logical explanation:

“A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: ‘A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?” True point,” he writes.

Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are Simulated Firearms National Review Online

This is a joke, right? I mean, this isn't true, is it?
The only joke is the OP's ridiculous premise.
Why are you Leftists so terrified of guns that you won't even let kids play with squirt guns?

It's because the left hates anything that is part of masculinity.

Masculinity (also called manliness or manhood) is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles generally associated with boys and men. Masculinity is made up of both socially defined and biologically created factors. This makes it distinct from the definition of the male anatomical sex, as both men and women can exhibit masculine traits and behaviors.

Masculinity (also called manliness or manhood) is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles generally associated with boys and men. Masculinity is made up of both socially defined and biologically created factors. This makes it distinct from the definition of the male anatomical sex, as both men and women can exhibit masculine traits and behaviors.

I rest my case. Thank you for proving my point.

So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
This news feels disturbing to me. Kids are being deprived of one of the greatest funs because of some doubtul safety. And guns are being demonized.
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?

Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are Simulated Firearms National Review Online

Why are you Leftists so terrified of guns that you won't even let kids play with squirt guns?

This is also unsurprisingly ignorant and wrong, as well as being a ridiculous lie.

Rule No. 4a. When lacking a coherent and cogent response, attack, attack, attack.

Classy - real classy.

This is also unsurprisingly ignorant and wrong, as well as being a ridiculous lie.

Rule No. 4a. When lacking a coherent and cogent response, attack, attack, attack.
you need to learn what cogent means MR jones was spot on .

what case would that be? this thread is no more than a shit load angst by faux tough guys.

Classy - real classy.
true and to the point .
unlike the massive rationalizing by the op and others on this thread.

Classy - real classy.
true and to the point .

Actually, what I find is that you, and several of your cohorts, keep saying "no! it ain't so" without providing a single shred of evidence, as if you saying it louder and longer somehow makes it true. Then, when cornered and unable to provide a counter-position, you resort to cheap bathroom humor and scurrilous personal attacks, as if this gives you some kind of superiority.

In reality, it demeans you and should be an embarrassment to all.

what case would that be? this thread is no more than a shit load angst by faux tough guys.

See what I mean? Not a single counter-point, just whining that 'it ain't so!!!'.

If I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would suggest that the very fact that you posted this proves THEIR point, not yours.

If I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would point out that your post defines masculinity correctly ("is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles generally associated with boys and men"), which validates their baseline.

Further, if I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would point out that their point is that it is those VERY attributes the you have assigned to masculinity that are being attacked by society today. The feminization of American males is a well documented social circumstance that is threatening our very social fabric today.

But, what the hell --- I'm not so inclined. I think I'll have a piece of pie.

Classy - real classy.
true and to the point .

Actually, what I find is that you, and several of your cohorts, keep saying "no! it ain't so" without providing a single shred of evidence, as if you saying it louder and longer somehow makes it true. Then, when cornered and unable to provide a counter-position, you resort to cheap bathroom humor and scurrilous personal attacks, as if this gives you some kind of superiority.

no counter position is required. it's obvious that the op's premise is a crock of shit.
btw your faux higher morality stance IS laughable.
the louder and longer ploy is a standard conservative tactic..

See what I mean? Not a single counter-point, just whining that 'it ain't so!!!'.

If I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would suggest that the very fact that you posted this proves THEIR point, not yours.

If I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would point out that your post defines masculinity correctly ("is a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles generally associated with boys and men"), which validates their baseline.

Further, if I were so inclined, and believe me, I'm not, I would point out that their point is that it is those VERY attributes the you have assigned to masculinity that are being attacked by society today. The feminization of American males is a well documented social circumstance that is threatening our very social fabric today.

melodramatic man is here to save America !

Classy - real classy.
true and to the point .

no counter position is required. it's obvious that the op's premise is a crock of shit.

Oh hell, well!!! If YOU say it's a crock, then it MUST be a crock! Whatever made me think there could be a different possible position???

Gee --- I'm so embarrassed. You have shamed me to the end of my days. I am humbled in the presence of your greatness. Me - just a mere human - whatever was I thinking?

Give me a break ....

Once again, a response of no value that doesn't even pretend to address the issue ... just another personal attack.

true and to the point .

Oh hell, well!!! If YOU say it's a crock, then it MUST be a crock! Whatever made me think there could be a different possible position???

Gee --- I'm so embarrassed. You have shamed me to the end of my days. I am humbled in the presence of your greatness. Me - just a mere human - whatever was I thinking?

Give me a break ....
not the sarcasm ploy again.

Once again, a response of no value that doesn't even pretend to address the issue ... just another personal attack.
what's of value is subjective..

The fuck it is, the left has been working for years to feminize boys as much as possible.

The fuck it is, the left has been working for years to feminize boys as much as possible.
If that lie helps you not go on a shooting spree ..

If that lie helps you not go on a shooting spree ..

I would suggest that it is this feminization of males that has contributed to the shooting sprees ... invariably, they are young boys/men who can't find a place in life.

Forum List

Back