Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are ‘Simulated Firearms’

its just brain washing , making boys into little wusses .

Any other major organization that allows 11 year olds access to guns and knives?
certainly but that was a few years in the past Rightwinger . He11 , I used to always carry a pocketknife at school , church and everywhere else in the past , Son did the same 25 years ago , it was common . Used to take my 22 rifle to school on the school bus , walk or hitch hike home with it and I was 11 or 12 .

11 year old scouts are allowed to openly carry knives without supervision

Any other youth organization do that?
Good. Any other orgs are pussies like libtards?

So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
This news feels disturbing to me. Kids are being deprived of one of the greatest funs because of some doubtul safety. And guns are being demonized.
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?

Boy Scouts of America has banned both squirt-gun fights and anything involving a water balloon larger than a ping-pong ball. “Pointing any type of firearm or simulated firearm at any individual is unauthorized,” states the group’s 2015 manual. “Water guns and rubber band guns must only be used to shoot at targets, and eye protection must be worn,” it continues. As for those other dangerous weapons, water balloons, they may be “no larger than a ping-pong ball” and must be biodegradable. Sound like a bit much? Well, according to Bryan Wendell, authort of the blog Bryan on Scouting, there’s a actually perfectly logical explanation:

“A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: ‘A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?” True point,” he writes.

Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are Simulated Firearms National Review Online
Liberalism at it's worst.
really? the scout are since their founding a private, Christian and conservative organization.
my troop (218) was Mormon.
so if you're gonna talk shit, make it accurate shit.
Learn to comprehend retard. It is liberalism that is ruining the scouts. They need to return to conservative Christian values.

"So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
This news feels disturbing to me. Kids are being deprived of one of the greatest funs because of some doubtul safety. And guns are being demonized.
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?"

What's disturbing is the ignorance and stupidity of the OP.

It's ridiculous to assume anyone's trying to 'demonize' guns; and the notion that this will lead to other things being 'banned' fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

"So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?"

What's disturbing is the ignorance and stupidity of the OP.

It's ridiculous to assume anyone's trying to 'demonize' guns; and the notion that this will lead to other things being 'banned' fails as a slippery slope fallacy.
What is disturbing is the stupidity of the left.

Used to be you could earn these merit badges as a Boy Scout:

shooti10.jpg

Wonder if they've swapped them out for these:

9440133.jpg
58317t.jpg

?

i'm not worried , just pointing out the obvious . Nothing wrong with letting little , young kids in cub scouts , boy scouts play with squirt guns , bb guns real guns and knives . American kids are being raised to be wusses Rightwinger [also in public schools] . Anyway , I'm not worried , my kids are normal adults but its my opinion that the younger generations oughta be worried for their kids !!

Growing up I was in the Cub Scouts and later the Boy Scouts.

Every boy in my neighborhood had a pocket knife, sling shot, and a BB gun.

I also had an official Boy Scout hatchet around age 10 or 11.

None of us kids ever got hurt with these so called dangerous weapons and we had a blast.

But today the PC faggot do-gooders want to sissify boys and practically make them wear a helmet if they go outside to play.

Heck, in the nanny state where I live, possession of a sling shot is a felony. ....... :cuckoo:
Agreed. As an American Indian, my rites of passage were dangerous and there were no safety nets. I carried weapons, hunted, and survived in the wild, not to mention the spiritual journey which was the most important part. To deny a boy the right to become a man through rigorous trial and overcoming great obstacles is a sin against God, and those who do so deliberately will not be held blameless.

...and then many of these kids go home and play kill everything in sight video games.
Squirt guns have always been just playful fun for all kids. No one should miss out on super soakers.

So, why exactly water guns are so dangerous they need to ban it? Because boy scouts are kind and kind people don't point guns at others? And what do kind people do when they are the ones to be pointed at?
What's next? A straitjacket in order not to hurt oneself? And what kind of adults are going those kids to become?

Boy Scouts of America has banned both squirt-gun fights and anything involving a water balloon larger than a ping-pong ball. “Pointing any type of firearm or simulated firearm at any individual is unauthorized,” states the group’s 2015 manual. “Water guns and rubber band guns must only be used to shoot at targets, and eye protection must be worn,” it continues. As for those other dangerous weapons, water balloons, they may be “no larger than a ping-pong ball” and must be biodegradable. Sound like a bit much? Well, according to Bryan Wendell, authort of the blog Bryan on Scouting, there’s a actually perfectly logical explanation:

“A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: ‘A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?” True point,” he writes.

Boy Scouts Ban Water-Gun Fights Because Squirt Guns Are Simulated Firearms National Review Online
really? the scout are since their founding a private, Christian and conservative organization.
Learn to comprehend retard. It is liberalism that is ruining the scouts. They need to return to conservative Christian values.
they never abandon their Christian values.. you'd know that if you were not a stupid fuck or an a la carte Christian..

Growing up I was in the Cub Scouts and later the Boy Scouts.

Every boy in my neighborhood had a pocket knife, sling shot, and a BB gun.

I also had an official Boy Scout hatchet around age 10 or 11.

None of us kids ever got hurt with these so called dangerous weapons and we had a blast.

But today the PC faggot do-gooders want to sissify boys and practically make them wear a helmet if they go outside to play.

Heck, in the nanny state where I live, possession of a sling shot is a felony. ....... :cuckoo:
Agreed. As an American Indian, my rites of passage were dangerous and there were no safety nets. I carried weapons, hunted, and survived in the wild, not to mention the spiritual journey which was the most important part. To deny a boy the right to become a man through rigorous trial and overcoming great obstacles is a sin against God, and those who do so deliberately will not be held blameless.
bhahahahahahahaha!

they never abandon their Christian values.. you'd know that if you were not a stupid fuck or an a la carte Christian..
If they let gays lead then they have abandoned their Christian principles. I am not a libtard therefore I am not a stupid f$&@ like you.

If they let gays lead then they have abandoned their Christian principles. I am not a libtard therefore I am not a stupid f$&@ like you.
you've just proven my point, both actually !

You are pointless retard.

You are pointless retard.
and you just keep proving me correct! thanks!

Another institution bows to possible litigation and political correctness. The left will always the BSA anyway because they won the right to discriminate against being forced to hire sodomite potential pedophiles.

Another institution bows to possible litigation and political correctness. The left will always the BSA anyway because they won the right to discriminate against being forced to hire sodomite potential pedophiles.
what's new thy been doing that since it was founded and don't you the lame ass excuse that they did not know ..

With more and more American institutions becoming inclusive and even openly gay-friendly, the Boy Scouts of America has reaffirmed its unregenerate straights-only status: A special committee, formed in 2010, recently announced the organization’s intention of sticking with the 2000 Supreme Court decision that it is within its constitutional rights to exclude gays from leadership roles.

All this is richly ironic in view of the fact that the founder of the Boy Scouts, Robert Stephenson Smyth Baden-Powell, raised to the peerage as Lord Baden-Powell, was in probability a gay man himself – though closeted, of course, considering the circumstances.

A Victorian military hero who skyrocketed to fame after his valiant defense of the besieged city of Mafeking during the Second Boer War, Baden-Powell was one of the British Empire’s most adulated soldiers, looked to as the very model of muscular Christianity. Baden-Powell, author of the hugely popular and influential “Scouting for Boys” (1908), inspired a national cult of manliness even as he entertained serious worry about his own sexuality.

“Was B-P a closet queen?,” Ian Buruma asked in The New York Review of Books two decades ago. “The pointers are hard to ignore.”

Indeed they are, as a perusal of Tim Jeal’s superb and definitive biography of the hero, “The Boy-Man: The Life of Lord Baden-Powell” (William Morrow, 1990), will show.

Was Boy Scouts founder gay Author says yes Inside Opinion - The News Tribune

Forum List

Back