Boycott Amazon

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...o-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Inside Amazon apos s Warehouse - The Morning Call

What an awful company, and a disgrace to this country. This filth treats workers like garbage because they have gotten the politicians, who are in their pockets, to flood the country with illegal aliens and legal immigrants, plus the lunatic H1-B program displacing more workers, to maximize their leverage over employees.

I will no longer do business with this wretched scourge.

Oh cry me a river. I was out building stairs in 100 degree heat and I'm in my 60s. I can't imagine how these guys would do in boot camp in NJ during the summer. If you can't deal with it move on, even if that means moving to where you can get work. You don't have a right to a job.

My great-grandad worked in a steel mill. He would piss on those wimps.

Think i'm going to order something from Amazon...but i'm gonna wait till Wednesday because it's supposed to get up to 87.
Then i'm gonna cancel the order so they have to restock it ....then I'll order it again.

This isn't the first time that I have heard about warehouse issues. That pisses me off. The other half I have mixed feelings about.

They appear to pay rather well. There are all kinds of jobs that you either adapt and thrive in or you don't. This seems no different.

What I dislike in any environment is that your work is sabotaged or you have backstabbing going on because someone else........just sucks and turns inane stuff into a bizarre competition because they are or feel they are inadequate in whatever area. I have never been pushed to the limits and not come out with something. What has become important to me recently is the work/life balance. For years I have operated on because it needs to be done and kicked the life balance to the curb as unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. However, people cannot function like that without sacrificing their health in some manner. I think that if you demand the best from someone and you want that continuously then you have to provide the opportunities for people to achieve that balance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/t...o-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Inside Amazon apos s Warehouse - The Morning Call

What an awful company, and a disgrace to this country. This filth treats workers like garbage because they have gotten the politicians, who are in their pockets, to flood the country with illegal aliens and legal immigrants, plus the lunatic H1-B program displacing more workers, to maximize their leverage over employees.

I will no longer do business with this wretched scourge.
This is comprehensively ignorant and ridiculous.

The article you cite is from almost five years ago – are conditions the same now?

No politician has 'authorized' the country being 'flooded' with 'illegal workers.'

Immigrants employed per H1-B are not working in warehouses for $12 an hour.

And there's no reference in the cited article to immigrants,' illegal' or otherwise.

And all have forgotten that nobody has to work for Amazon if they don't want to.

That is true enough at the top but may not be true the lower down the pay scale that you go.

Why would that make a difference?
Availability of jobs in any of the locations with that type of "skill set" or the lack there of.

I'd have to blame that on the uneducated employee.

I disagree.

That doesn't mean that corps have the right to take advantage of people. People will do whatever is necessary to keep money flowing in order to survive. So, if you live in an area where warehouses have shut down or the business has closed and you are left with one warehouse then it is eat crap until you physically break down and you lose everything anyway.

Because you can screw people doesn't mean that you should.

Forum List

Back