"Brace Yourself For Another Stock Market Dive"

Uh, hold on....hmmmm.....

26,441.38 +523.97 (2.02%)
12:04 PM ET 03/04/20
  • rss.gif
    RSS Feed for Stock Market Today
g5000 must be adding to the scar tissue on his wrists this morning....Seems the Market shook off an ill-timed Fed cut and has readjusted nicely. Maybe the Corona virus will kill us all but then again, maybe it won't, so why not enjoy our prosperity while we have it?
dunno.gif

You spoke too soon.

The stock market was down close to 2 thousand points this morning and trading had to be stopped for a while.

It's down about 1500 points now.

This fall has very little to do with the virus. It's been a long time coming. Bubbles always pop.

Actually no.

The fall today is because of the virus and oil prices tanking.

However I agree, trump started creating his stock market bubble in 2017.

This fall has very little to do with the virus. It's been a long time coming. Bubbles always pop.

Actually no.

Otherwise it would have to be one hell of a coincidence that the market is adjusting now.

Uh, hold on....hmmmm.....

26,441.38 +523.97 (2.02%)
12:04 PM ET 03/04/20
g5000 must be adding to the scar tissue on his wrists this morning....Seems the Market shook off an ill-timed Fed cut and has readjusted nicely. Maybe the Corona virus will kill us all but then again, maybe it won't, so why not enjoy our prosperity while we have it?
dunno.gif

You spoke too soon.

The stock market was down close to 2 thousand points this morning and trading had to be stopped for a while.

It's down about 1500 points now.
Yeah, the Dow futures were so bad that a circuit breaker tripped before the markets even opened!

Actually no.

Otherwise it would have to be one hell of a coincidence that the market is adjusting now.
This is thrilling.
Not really. I have a lot of money in the markets. This is the opposite of thrilling. It is gut wrenching.

Actually no.

This is thrilling.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Actually no.

This is thrilling.
Not really. I have a lot of money in the markets. This is the opposite of thrilling. It is gut wrenching.

Yeah, I'm realizing I clearly did not sell off enough. But I'm in for the long haul.

Starting bad today

upload_2020-3-9_14-35-45.png

That is a big number... We are back to 2017 number...

17.1% drop on last Thursday week....

Somewhere in some alternate universe, this is Obama's fault.

In part it is. In part it's Trump's fault. Both fully supported the creation of another bubble as opposed to creating solid policies and positions. The problem there is the markets are not happy with that.

It's fucked today. Makes sense. Guess what folks, we're in a recession.

I don't wish a virus on anyone, but recessions are necessary. Moderate recessions anyway, prices were just getting too high. Recessions are good for the environment as well. I don't suppose this recession will last long, it really depends on success battling the environment. At the moment China is fucked though, it will take some doing to recover.

Oh fuck.

Well at least I still have savings accounts and nothing could have recently happened to lower that already low return, right?

When they devalue the money, your savings are devalued. So if they devalue the money by 10%, your savings are devalued by 10%.

It's called robbery in the real world.

Oh fuck.

Well at least I still have savings accounts and nothing could have recently happened to lower that already low return, right?

When they devalue the money, your savings are devalued. So if they devalue the money by 10%, your savings are devalued by 10%.

It's called robbery in the real world.

They are wanting negative interest rates and they will get them one way or the other.

They are wanting negative interest rates and they will get them one way or the other.

Good. Let the whole darned thing crash.

It's the only way people are gonna wake up to reality.

I think it's laughable the stupid excuses people try to make for what is patently a failed monetary policy. It's like they'll say anything in order to get people to look the opposite direction of the real problem. The real problem being the Fed itself.

Relevant listening...

''Close observers of the un-constitutional and immoral Federal Reserve realize that there is trouble in the central planners paradise. As happens with all attempts at trying to micromanage the world, the point is finally reached where the micromanagers are completely overwhelmed by problems of their own making. When the final story of The Fed is written, it will be no different than the unnecessary and foolish central planning schemes of the past...''

Good. Let the whole darned thing crash.

It's the only way people are gonna wake up to reality.

I think it's laughable the stupid excuses people try to make for what is patently a failed monetary policy. It's like they'll say anything in order to get people to look the opposite direction of the real problem. The real problem being the Fed itself.

I agree, their policy is awful. Heck, I still remember my first mortgage rate 1984, 10.1% and even that was because I qualified for a program.

People don't realize how bad the housing crash. If the market value was cut in half, and probably was, divide that by two under what would be a reasonable interest rate 7%ish.

The interest rate should have inched up to reasonable, but no, record lows during Obama, and under Trump not much better. Now there's another recession, the fed fucked this one up good.

Forum List

Back