BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

The story I heard was the tortoise was endangered and that was the reason. So where does the turtle fit into this story again and why does the federal government not think the American people would be interested to know what is going on with our own land? PUBLIC LAND. Where's the mainstream news story and why are we stuck getting our news from youtube videos and off beat news blogs??

What is the big secret and why keep it from the public when it is their land / money in dispute??

Last edited:
The people of Nevada? You want to have an election to decide whether to enforce federal law?

And since it is federal lands, shouldn't the rest of the states have a say too?? How about a national referendum concerning whether one rancher is allowed to ignore federal law?

Yeah, gramps' idea that federal land management is a state issue, as well as his contention that since it took the Fed's at least 11 months to act on the authorization to remove the cattle means they have to back off, are dying a slow painful death.

11 months? Why so unfactual? The government has been fighting with this man for YEARS.

Nodogmyass

The courts authorization to remove the cattle came in 1993 - which means - by definition that the Feds could not have delayed by more than 11 months 29 days.

Those are facts.

Insults are opinion - and you are entitled to them. But don't mistake them for facts.

she seldom does. Better you find that out sooner rather than later. She's a bitter, nativist, old rw hack spinster :(

As to the OP, yeah, breaking the law is now approved by Repub-voters

As is free-loading on the People's dime.

Because grass that regrows without human or monetary intervention is costing us what?

Why does the fucking government have to charge us for every damn thing they can? What's next, oxygen use surcharges?

So we should just let this guy run a commercial cattle operation on public lands for free?? Yeah, I guess that would be a nice deal if you were the rancher. If you were living downstream and had to deal with the run-off from the erosion from over-grazing, it might not be such a great deal.

This not about the gov't soaking citizens. This is about a rancher wanting to graze for free on land he doesn't own.

It is quite apparent you do have a dog in this fight - so in the words of Eric Holder......don't even go there, nodoginfight.

You were the first to panic about two different persons posting similar threads and demanded a merger. As if no news on the television were not enough - two threads are some major threat or something? Why such concern about it? I've seen many similar threads and never demanded a merger before.

Police State??? WTF???

This freeloading rancher has been feeding his commercial cattle operation off OUR lands, and has refused to pay the fees. He was also ordered to remove his cattle from public lands. He has not done so for 16 years!!

If you steal from the people for 21 years, and ignore the law for 16 years, shit is eventually gonna happen.

Sadly, you sound like one of those sad dupes who would dutifully justify Big Brother murdering this man and his family over some grazing cattle. And unfortunately, you're far from being alone on that thinking. Big Brother needs his worshippers. And Lord knows, he has plenty at this point. So sad.

Oh hell no. Don't even try to paint me as a dupe, when you didn't even know whether the feds had surrounded the Bundy ranch or public lands.

Yes, there are plenty of cases where the feds have overstepped their bounds by huge margins. This ain't one of those times.

This rancher is NOT a victim of any "Police State". If he were, he wouldn't have been grazing his cattle on public lands for 21 years without paying the required grazing fees. And he would not have spent the last 16 years ignoring a court order for him to remove his cattle from the public lands.

If you steal from the people, ignore court orders, and continue to violate federal law and expect no consequences.

You really so sure he's not a victim of this Police State? Maybe you should read up a bit more on the story? Just a suggestion anyway.

Keep in mind People, in this Police State most would dutifully justify their beloved Big Brother murdering Citizens over some grazing cattle. That's just the sad state of affairs in this Police State.

LOL - thieves are now "victims" of a police state ??????????????

Who are the real 'Thieves' in this? I'm inclined to say Big Brother is the thief. Read up a bit more on the story.

It amazes me how few people understand the facts in this case, but are all too ready to jump in and pass judgement.

Fact #1 - The feds have NOT surrounded the Bundy ranch. They have surrounded the 600,000 acres of public land that Bundy has been stealing feed from.

Fact #2 - Even Bundy admits that he owes $300,000 in grazing fees.

Fact #3 - A federal judge ruled in 1998 that Bundy must STOP grazing his cattle on the public land.

IMHO - the sheer volume of threads and the general lack of information about the issues involved by those who are starting the threads leads me to believe that some right-wing militia - type organization has released an "action alert" trying to whip people up into a frenzy about this.

Have you noticed all the Waco and Ruby Ridge references? I don't think that is an accident - I think they were prompted by the action alert. The Turner Diaries crowd is trying to whip the faithful into a frenzy so they'll grab their guns and rush off to this guys ranch to try to ignite the civil war they've been fantasizing about for so long.

It is quite apparent you do have a dog in this fight - so in the words of Eric Holder......don't even go there, nodoginfight.

You were the first to panic about two different persons posting similar threads and demanded a merger. As if no news on the television were not enough - two threads are some major threat or something? Why such concern about it? I've seen many similar threads and never demanded a merger before.

First off, there are 3 threads on this topic.

And the story isn't big news because most people see that the rancher has ignored the laws, the feds, and court rulings for 20+ years. Now the feds are moving his cattle.

Those trying to make this about a police state, property rights, or just sensationalizing it are the ones doing a disservice.

All this "They are taking food from starving children!" or "I hope they don't slaughter him and his family since they have surrounded his ranch" are simply showing their ignorance.

The story I heard was the tortoise was endangered and that was the reason. So where does the turtle fit into this story again and why does the federal government not think the American people would be interested to know what is going on with our own land? PUBLIC LAND. Where's the mainstream news story and why are we stuck getting our news from youtube videos and off beat news blogs??

What is the big secret and why keep it from the public when it is their land / money in dispute??

Maybe Big Brother is scared that many Americans would decide to come to the aid of this man and his family. It's probably best for him to keep it on the DL.

Your facts are all screwed up

One - I never asked for the merger - I support the idea, but I never asked for it.
Two - I commented on three different threads, not two.

So other than misinformation and silly little screen name jabs (read my signature) do you have anything of substance to add?

Sadly, you sound like one of those sad dupes who would dutifully justify Big Brother murdering this man and his family over some grazing cattle. And unfortunately, you're far from being alone on that thinking. Big Brother needs his worshippers. And Lord knows, he has plenty at this point. So sad.

Oh hell no. Don't even try to paint me as a dupe, when you didn't even know whether the feds had surrounded the Bundy ranch or public lands.

Yes, there are plenty of cases where the feds have overstepped their bounds by huge margins. This ain't one of those times.

This rancher is NOT a victim of any "Police State". If he were, he wouldn't have been grazing his cattle on public lands for 21 years without paying the required grazing fees. And he would not have spent the last 16 years ignoring a court order for him to remove his cattle from the public lands.

If you steal from the people, ignore court orders, and continue to violate federal law and expect no consequences.

You really so sure he's not a victim of this Police State? Maybe you should read up a bit more on the story? Just a suggestion anyway.

I have read up on the story.

This guy stopped paying his grazing fees in 1993. A federal judge ruled in 1998 that he must stop grazing on public lands. He has never stopped feeding his commercial cattle operation off of public lands. Now the feds are there to remove his cattle.

What part of that is inaccurate?

And what part of that signifies a "Police State" to you?

she seldom does. Better you find that out sooner rather than later. She's a bitter, nativist, old rw hack spinster :(

As to the OP, yeah, breaking the law is now approved by Repub-voters

As is free-loading on the People's dime.

Because grass that regrows without human or monetary intervention is costing us what?

Why does the fucking government have to charge us for every damn thing they can? What's next, oxygen use surcharges?

This is NOT that man's land. He was leasing the right to graze his cattle. He decided to not pay his rent. That's ok with you, now?

Keep in mind People, in this Police State most would dutifully justify their beloved Big Brother murdering Citizens over some grazing cattle. That's just the sad state of affairs in this Police State.

LOL - thieves are now "victims" of a police state ??????????????

Who are the real 'Thieves' in this? I'm inclined to say Big Brother is the thief. Read up a bit more on the story.

The real thieves??

The real thief is the rancher who has been grazing on public land and refusing to pay the required fees. He has been stealing food for his cattle for 21 years.

What is it that you think the gov't is stealing?

This guy stopped paying his grazing fees in 1993. A federal judge ruled in 1998 that he must stop grazing on public lands. He has never stopped feeding his commercial cattle operation off of public lands. Now the feds are there to remove his cattle.

Read up a bit more on the story. It goes back a long long way. It may or may not change your perception of the issue. But check it out. Is he really the 'Thief' or 'Criminal' in this?

You really so sure he's not a victim of this Police State?

No. I think you're a victim of lead paint.

That's cool. You have your beliefs and opinions. But maybe read up a bit more on this story. It goes a back a long time. Who's really the 'Thief' and 'Criminal' here? Something to contemplate...If you dare.

If you dare, please point out what the gov't is stealing?

Yes, this story does go back a long way. And it started when the BLM increased the grazing fees. How often have those fees been increased? And how much of an increase was it?

You claim to know so much about the story, feel free to bring facts to the discussion instead of vague insinuations.

Read up a bit more on the story. It goes back a long long way. It may or may not change your perception of the issue. But check it out. Is he really the 'Thief' or 'Criminal' in this?

I have obviously read a lot farther back than you have.

Sorry dude, you're backing the wrong horse here.

Unless you favor generational welfare

or did the "action alert" not contain all that info?

As I have said, I have read much of the story. I have also invited you to provide anything you know that would contradict what I have said. But instead, you stick with vague insinuations and challenges to "read more".

Feel free to offer some actual facts at any time.

I have shown what the rancher is stealing. And he has been stealing it for 21 years.

What is the gov't stealing??

Forum List

Back