BREAKING: Add another Republican to the Senate

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Another Dim bites the dust.

Republican Dan Sullivan wins Senate race in Alaska

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Republican Dan Sullivan won Alaska's U.S. Senate race, defeating first-term incumbent Democrat Mark Begich.

Sullivan led Begich by about 8,100 votes on Election Night last week and held a comparable edge after election workers had counted about 20,000 absentee, early-voted and questioned ballots late Tuesday. Thousands more ballots remained to be counted, but the results indicated that Begich could not overcome Sullivan's lead.

The Alaska seat was initially considered key to the Republicans' hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate, but that goal was accomplished before the Alaska race was decided.
Sullivan, in a statement, said he was humbled and sounded a note of inclusion. While it was a hard-fought race, moving forward "I want to emphasize that my door will always be open to all Alaskans," he said.
"While we have challenges to address, the opportunities in Alaska and our country are limitless," Sullivan said. "Today, we are going to begin the process of turning our country around and building a brighter future for our children."
Begich was not conceding. His campaign manager, Susanne Fleek-Green, said in a statement that Begich believes every vote deserves to be counted and will follow the Division of Elections as it continues toward a final count.

MORE: Republican Dan Sullivan wins Senate race in Alaska - Yahoo News

It doesn't count because the win wasn't 'big enough.' That seems to be the running excuse here though I don't think anyone seriously thought the right was going to do this well in the election.

Another Dim bites the dust.

Republican Dan Sullivan wins Senate race in Alaska

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Republican Dan Sullivan won Alaska's U.S. Senate race, defeating first-term incumbent Democrat Mark Begich.

Sullivan led Begich by about 8,100 votes on Election Night last week and held a comparable edge after election workers had counted about 20,000 absentee, early-voted and questioned ballots late Tuesday. Thousands more ballots remained to be counted, but the results indicated that Begich could not overcome Sullivan's lead.

The Alaska seat was initially considered key to the Republicans' hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate, but that goal was accomplished before the Alaska race was decided.
Sullivan, in a statement, said he was humbled and sounded a note of inclusion. While it was a hard-fought race, moving forward "I want to emphasize that my door will always be open to all Alaskans," he said.
"While we have challenges to address, the opportunities in Alaska and our country are limitless," Sullivan said. "Today, we are going to begin the process of turning our country around and building a brighter future for our children."
Begich was not conceding. His campaign manager, Susanne Fleek-Green, said in a statement that Begich believes every vote deserves to be counted and will follow the Division of Elections as it continues toward a final count.

MORE: Republican Dan Sullivan wins Senate race in Alaska - Yahoo News

Demopublican Dan Sullivan wins Senate race in Alaska

Whoopido.

Elections have consequences. Now we have to hold the Republicans feet to the fire and not let them "John McCain" the Party by "reaching across the isle" to pass "bipartisan Legislation" that continues the screw job that America's been getting.

She should. If Cassidy gets a portion of the votes the other Republican on` the ballot got, he will win. If he gets most of them he wins by a landslide.
winning.

And more celebration in January when Louisiana makes 54!!!:2up: And the Dums excuses will still be lighting up the message board!!!:fu::funnyface::fu:

Landrieu should consider making plans to clean out her office.

Let me guess what the liberal response will be. It's inconsequential. obama will save us. The Republicans will try to make the 1%ers even richer. And re-institute slavery. Outlaw homosexuality. And eat your babies.

And probably wear white after Labor Day while ignoring Beyonce and Jay Z. You know, the REAL important stuff.

Question is now, will Harry Reid bring the Keystone Pipeline up for a vote before the runoff election in Louisiana in order to give Landrieu the opportunity to vote "yes" to show the voters she's pro-pipeline ?

She should. If Cassidy gets a portion of the votes the other Republican on` the ballot got, he will win. If he gets most of them he wins by a landslide.
winning.

And more celebration in January when Louisiana makes 54!!!:2up: And the Dums excuses will still be lighting up the message board!!!:fu::funnyface::fu:

I read today that the Republicans have promised Landrieu's Republican opponent a slot on the energy committee when they take over the majority in January. One of Landrieu's biggest talking point is convincing the voters in Louisiana that they would lose a voice she has on that committee.

I think she is toast in the December runoff.

winning.

I read today that the Republicans have promised Landrieu's Republican opponent a slot on the energy committee when they take over the majority in January. One of Landrieu's biggest talking point is convincing the voters in Louisiana that they would lose a voice she has on that committee.

I think she is toast in the December runoff.

That's a good strategy to counter Landrieu with.

Forum List

Back