Breaking for GOP VOTERS- The bottom fifth pays 16 per cent in ALL taxes and fees, the

The state level revenue burden shouldered by the working poor is somewhat regressive in even the most progressive of states and incredibly regressive in red states. Goes to show what they consider to be a fair tax structure.

so called progressive taxes are unfair by their nature.

The only fair tax is a flat tax.

But only as long as there are no exceptions or deductions and ALL income is treated equally!

This kinda stuff frustrates the hell out of me.

So the point of the piece is that lower income people actually pay 16% of taxes. Okay, that's interesting, there are obviously taxes and fees that we all have to pay, and they're mostly flat, so it makes sense that lower income people are not only paying a higher percentage of their income to them. A reasonable point and interesting argument that I'd think should be considered.

But then, of course, I don't believe anything out-of-hand that I'm getting from one source (I leave that stuff up to the partisan ideologues), so I decide to check out the "Center on Budget and Policy Priorities", the source of the article. Sure enough, it's generally known as a left wing think tank ("think tank", a pretty vague and often amusing term). So I have to wonder what a rebuttal to this piece would look like (yes, I know, the left wing partisan ideologues will take it as gospel, the right wing partisan ideologues won't believe anything in the piece).

An interesting and critical issue, I'd love to see a civil, mature, intellectual discussion on it. But unfortunately, we'll probably never get the two ends of the spectrum to agree on the basic data, let alone what the data indicates. Therein lies the problem, the narcissistic partisan ideologues continue to impede improvements to our country...

So the point of the piece is that lower income people actually pay 16% of taxes.

16% of income.
The OP is barely literate and has a hard time communicating.

There is no arguing with the stats in the OP- If you count ALL fed, state, and local taxes, the lowest fifth pay 16 per cent, everyone else 21 per cent...so the richest AT LEAST triple their wealth under Reaganist voodoo tax rates, while the rest and the country have been slowly ruined 1981-2008, and then QUICKLY ruined by the corruption and cronyism Pub meltdown. AND everything the hater dupes know about taxation is Pubcrappe- they're voting for the greedy idiot rich, and against themselves...

Voodoo wrecked and IS WRECKING the nonrich to the point where demand for products and services has dried up, along with their savings...before the corruption and cronyism housing and credit meltdown of 2008- while the rich have quadrupled their wealth...Memorize the facts, hater dupes:

1. WORKERS past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):1950 = 101%1960 = 105%1970 = 105%1980 = 105% – Reagan1990 = 100%2000 = 96%2007 = 92%A 13% drop since 1980A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.Share of National Income going to Top 10%:1950 = 35%1960 = 34%1970 = 34%1980 = 34% – Reagan1990 = 40%2000 = 47%2007 = 50% TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95% An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.1950 = 6.0%1960 = 7.0%1970 = 8.5%1980 = 10.0% – Reagan1982 = 11.2% – Peak1990 = 7.0%2000 = 2.0%2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

4. Household Debt as percentage of GDP:1965 = 46%1970 = 45%1980 = 50% – Reagan1990 = 61%2000 = 69%2007 = 95%A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%and the bottom 80%:1980 = 10%2003 = 56%A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.The Probabilityy of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:1945 = 12%1958 = 6%1990 = 3%2000 = 2%A 10% Decrease.Links:1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Researc...s/No7Nov04.pdf1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez | The White House3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/imag...ving_thumb.gif3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/...&LastYear=20104 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php...or-debt-of-gdp4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--June 6, 20135/6 =
Wealth And Inequality In America - Business Insiderhttp://factleft.com/2011/03/28/the-demise-of-the-american-middle-class-in-numbers/

WORKERS past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year.

Stop importing millions of low-skill illegals.

...because Pubs refuse good work/SS ID- actually, they love cheap, easily bullied labor- thendistract the hater dupes with silly fence talk and unconstitutional harassment laws- but ONLY during their recession/depressions...otherwise the hater dupes like the cheap labor lol...
fuck you and your dam "work/SS ID Card.....i have told you 3-4 times here but you just skip over what i said.....if that card worked...dont you think that my State would have implemented this thing years ago?....and why did i tell you it wont work?.....because the REAL Liberal people out here say its racist and it unfairly targets those poor Illegals....the Activist out here will drag anyone who tries to get that thing going through "you are a racist hell".....so not many even talk about it.....take your own advise Frankie.....change the channel....

The state level revenue burden shouldered by the working poor is somewhat regressive in even the most progressive of states and incredibly regressive in red states. Goes to show what they consider to be a fair tax structure.

so called progressive taxes are unfair by their nature.

The only fair tax is a flat tax.

But only as long as there are no exceptions or deductions and ALL income is treated equally!

I agree.

I'm all for getting rid of all deductions and tax credits.

103-Of course you do it at the same time as an amnesty for illegals- end of that problem. see Schumer/Lindsay Graham plan...before the lockstep hypocrote GOP told Lindsay to get back in line- another GOP hoax. Try and remain calm, the most ignorant are always the most passionate, see Bertrand Russell.

Sorry hater dupes need a diagram- I forget you can only handle bumper sticker length hate speak, repeated ad nauseum by your hero charlatans lol...

ACTUALLY, THE POINT OF THE OP IS THAT THE RICHEST PAY TAXES AT THE SAME RATE AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY- TOTALLY UNFAIR AND LEADS TO THE RUIN OF THE COUNTRY WHILE THEY AT LEAST TRIPLE THEIR WEALTH......Greedy idiot Pubs, silly brainwashed PUB DUPES...

Last edited:
Of course you do it at the same time as an amnesty for illegals- end of that problem.

Sorry hater dupes need a diagram- I forget you can only handle bumper sticker length hate speak, repeated ad nauseum by your hero charlatans lol...

ACTUALLY, THE POINT OF THE OP IS THAT THE RICHEST PAY TAXES AT THE SAME RATE AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY- TOTALLY UNFAIR AND LEADS TO THE RUIN OF THE COUNTRY WHILE THEY AT LEAST TRIPLE THEIR WEALTH......PUB DUPES...

Everyone paying the same rate sounds completely fair to me.

It's being forced to paying a higher rate on some dollars than others that is unfair

Capital gains should also be taxed at the same rate...then corporations should also be included. In the golden age fifties, they paid 35 per cent of the total, while today they only pay 10 per cent...

If you think CEOs making over 300 times their average workers is an injustice, experts believe higher taxes on them is the only way to limit that...

I agree about a simple code with fewer write-offs and loopholes, but a progressive tax has proven to be fair, and ends injustices.

The greedy idiot megarich Pubs would love to have a flat tax-and the OP shows they already have one under Voodoo...everything they tell you is bs- half the dupes believe 47 per cent pay no taxes lol...

So I guess the government should issue a "lower 20%" badge to wear so they can get everything at a 90% discount. I think the Pope would support that. The 20% will soon be 50%....the rush to the bottom as planned by our glorious president.

This whole thread is based on a lie.....

There is no way in hell the lowest quintile pays 16% of Federal Taxes.

Especially when you consider.....

CBO:Top 40% Paid 106.2% of Income Taxes; Bottom 40% Paid -9.1%, Got Average of $18,950 in 'Transfers' | CNS News

At the same time, households in the bottom 40 percent took in an average of $18,950 in what the CBO called “government transfers” in 2010.

Which is the bottom two quintiles. I would extrapolate that the lowest quintile took in around $30k per household.

So, if they are paying anything in Federal taxes, they're paying it with MY fucking money

dimocraps are douchebags..... And stupid

Unequal-Pizza2WebCR-1_22_14.jpg

Congrats, you're a brainwashed moron. The bottom fifth pays 7-8 per cent in state and local taxes, 7-8 per cent in fed payroll taxes, or more, DUMBAZZ. SEE OP LINK

CNS is pure Pubcrappe, for dupes only.

Last edited:
103-Of course you do it at the same time as an amnesty for illegals- end of that problem. see Schumer/Lindsay Graham plan...before the lockstep hypocrote GOP told Lindsay to get back in line- another GOP hoax. Try and remain calm, the most ignorant are always the most passionate,see Bertrand Russell.

ACTUALLY, THE POINT OF THE OP IS THAT THE RICHEST PAY TAXES AT THE SAME RATE AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY- TOTALLY UNFAIR AND LEADS TO THE RUIN OF THE COUNTRY WHILE THEY AT LEAST TRIPLE THEIR WEALTH......Greedy idiot Pubs, silly brainwashed PUB DUPES...

the most ignorant are always the most passionate

yea talk to those "passionate" ignorant bastards like Mozart,Bach,Chopin,Einstein and Jesus.......tell me they were not "passionate"....lol

103-Of course you do it at the same time as an amnesty for illegals- end of that problem. see Schumer/Lindsay Graham plan...before the lockstep hypocrote GOP told Lindsay to get back in line- another GOP hoax. Try and remain calm, the most ignorant are always the most passionate, see Bertrand Russell.

ACTUALLY, THE POINT OF THE OP IS THAT THE RICHEST PAY TAXES AT THE SAME RATE AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

The richest pay at a much higher rate than the rest of the country.

Breaking for GOP VOTERS- The bottom fifth pays 16 per cent in ALL taxes and fees, the rest pays 21 per cent, and the richest AT LEAST triple their wealth while everyone else and the country goes to hell under Reaganist/Voodoo tax rates...

Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

And the bottom fifth still need to be subsidized by the rich because they can't afford their fair share.

Missing the point.

They can't afford to eat and keep the heat on in the winter.

ACTUALLY, THE POINT OF THE OP IS THAT THE RICHEST PAY TAXES AT THE SAME RATE AS THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

No they don't.

What they actually pay is less than the majority of the working class because of how the tax code favors them. They are able, through often perfectly legal and sometimes sketchy loopholes and end runs around the tax code, move vast sums of money out of the country without paying the same tax most of us pay on our earned income. or any tax.

Because the build of their income is not "earned" in the traditional way, hourly salary or weekly paycheck, they've lobbied and gotten all kids of special categories for their income in the tax code.

google "carried interest" this is how the super-wealthy fund managers get their mega bonus compensation (similar to a commission when a fund matures) at a lower rate (15%). But the average salesman working on commission still has to declare his income at the full rate. For a middle income sales man that could be around 24%.

So Romney only pays around 15-12% on $150,000,000 dollars, while Joe the sales rep pays the full 24% on the 32-60K he earned last year.

Joe banks at his local bank and earns a measly 1% on his savings.

Romney has access to privileged banking and investment opportunities earning 6-10%.

It's called economy of scale and it's why wealthy has been trickling upward for 3.4 decades now.

No they don't.

What they actually pay is less than the majority of the working class because of how the tax code favors them. They are able, through often perfectly legal and sometimes sketchy loopholes and end runs around the tax code, move vast sums of money out of the country without paying the same tax most of us pay on our earned income. or any tax.

Because the build of their income is not "earned" in the traditional way, hourly salary or weekly paycheck, they've lobbied and gotten all kids of special categories for their income in the tax code.

google "carried interest" this is how the super-wealthy fund managers get their mega bonus compensation (similar to a commission when a fund matures) at a lower rate (15%). But the average salesman working on commission still has to declare his income at the full rate. For a middle income sales man that could be around 24%.

So Romney only pays around 15-12% on $150,000,000 dollars, while Joe the sales rep pays the full 24% on the 32-60K he earned last year.

Romney has access to privileged banking and investment opportunities earning 6-10%.

It's called economy of scale and it's why wealthy has been trickling upward for 3.4 decades now.

No they don't.

Sure they do.

So Romney only pays around 15-12% on $150,000,000 dollars

If you earn capital gains, you pay 0%-15%.
Romney pays 15%. More, since Obama's tax hike.

while Joe the sales rep pays the full 24% on the 32-60K he earned last year.

If Joe was single, he had $10,000 in exemptions and deductions, so he paid on $50,000 AGI a total of $8428.75.

Looks like 14% on an income of $60,000.

IRS Announces 2013 Tax Rates, Standard Deduction Amounts And More - Forbes

Joe could earn more if he bought a bond.

Shit, I made over 30% last year and I'm not even a Mormon.

Count ALL taxes, the hell they do, brainwashed functional moron- you have plenty of company, Pub dupe.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3505

Last edited:
See, when Reagan cut federal income taxes, congress cut state aid, and then states and localities raised THEIR taxes, which kill the nonrich. This doesn't even count DMV fees and all the other fees, which hit the nonrich much more...see registration fees that reach 500 dollars some places, etc etc etc etc...which would raise the nonrich's rates EVEN MORE. Next stop, Pub banana republic, dupes.

See, when Reagan cut federal income taxes, congress cut state aid, and then states and localities raised THEIR taxes, which kill the nonrich. This doesn't even count DMV fees and all the other fees, which hit the nonrich much more...see registration fees that reach 500 dollars some places, etc etc etc etc...which would raise the nonrich's rates EVEN MORE. Next stop, Pub banana republic, dupes.

See, when Reagan cut federal income taxes, congress cut state aid

Congress cut state aid? Any data to back up this claim?

states and localities raised THEIR taxes, which kill the nonrich

States and localities don't tax the rich? Which ones?

This doesn't even count DMV fees and all the other fees, which hit the nonrich much more...see registration fees that reach 500 dollars some places,

That's awful! I heard that some mean rich people own 2 or 3 cars. Bastards!

See, when Reagan cut federal income taxes, congress cut state aid

Congress cut state aid? Any data to back up this claim?

states and localities raised THEIR taxes, which kill the nonrich

States and localities don't tax the rich? Which ones?

This doesn't even count DMV fees and all the other fees, which hit the nonrich much more...see registration fees that reach 500 dollars some places,

That's awful! I heard that some mean rich people own 2 or 3 cars. Bastards!

DUH...
Fiscal Federalism | Downsizing the Federal Government
www.downsizinggovernment.org/fiscal-federalism*Cached
SimilarBut every dollar of federal aid sent to the states is .... But as President Reagan
noted in a 1987 executive order: “It is ...
State-Federal Education Policy, Historical Essay, Reagan Years
www.archives.nysed.gov/.../res_essay_reagan_state_responsibility.shtml*Cached
SimilarFederal Education Policy and the States, 1945-2009 ... Reagan's top priority in
education was to scale back federal categorical aid programs-not only to save ...
Reagan's Legacy: Homelessness in America - National Housing ...
National Housing Institute
SimilarThe income gap between the rich and everyone else in America widened. ... By
the end of Reagan's term in office federal assistance to local governments was ...

AND PROPERTY AND SALES TAXES HURT THE NON RICH MUCH MORE. READ THE GD LINK...

Forum List

Back