Breaking! for shame.. FILIPINO ECONOMY GDP growth for first quarter in 6%-7% range

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The economy could have grown between 6 to 7 percent this quarter on the back of consumer and election spending, the country's economic chief said Monday.

“My expectation is for the economy to grow within the government’s target of 6 to 7 percent in the first quarter. We’re expecting something within that range,” Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Arsenio Balisacan told reporters at the sidelines of a forum in Pasig City.

“So far, indicators are favorable,” he noted.
GDP growth for first quarter in 6%-7% range — NEDA | Economy | GMA News Online

Here are some other headlines...

Obama has been shown to be a drug user!

Quote: Originally Posted by drivebymedia
Teabaggers don't know that

Well for sure Obama supporters LIKE these are dancing in the streets over the GDP!!!

It is appropriate that you attempt to fool people like your fellow ignorant Obama voters like these:

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?
WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from, but he givin' it to us,
WOMAN #2: And we love him.
WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

Or maybe this person... "I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..
You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUBWQ1AUEg"

These fools never read as YOU probably didn't Obama's Dreams of My Father".
"It was usually an effective tactic,another one of those tricks I had learned. People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey want dey's MTV too...
:eusa_eh:
Slower growth can lead to unrest
Mon, Jul 22, 2013 - Recently, it seems no developing country is safe from sudden, unexpected protests.
In Brazil and Turkey, empowered middle classes pushed back against perceived governmental injustice. Protests erupted and leaders’ approval ratings dropped precipitously. In Egypt, the economic picture was as ugly as the political one, and the military’s ouster of former president Mohamed Morsi has fomented conflict and instability. China may look like a candidate for the type of protests currently sweeping the developing world. Not only is a newly empowered middle class demanding better services and more accountability from the government, but economic growth has also tapered off in recent quarters. Do not hold your breath. At least for the time being, China is well-positioned to navigate such challenges far better than its emerging market competitors.

Let us start with the economy. For years, pundits and many Chinese government officials thought that if China’s GDP growth rate ever fell below 8 percent, it would set off an unemployment crisis that would raise the risk of social and political instability in the country. Well, China’s finance minister was in Washington last week and said that the Chinese economy could handle 7 percent or even 6.5 percent growth, a lower rate than China has experienced in 23 years. However, unlike many other emerging markets, China views slower growth as a manageable challenge. The government actually recognizes that a slowdown is necessary to meet its reform and rebalancing goals, and is working now to score political points among the population by arguing that it is doing so.

In particular, Beijing hopes that the slowdown will force industrial consolidation and less resource consumption. This could slow environmental degradation, which has been a major point of political vulnerability for the government. Slower growth should also calm the real estate sector, where rising prices have been a major sore point for urban Chinese. China’s new leadership is betting that progress on these fronts will outweigh the downside risks they will face as job losses tick up in the face of slower growth. From a global perspective, there is a strong case to be made that China’s slowing growth rate is actually a good sign. The fact that Beijing has not just reflexively pumped capital into the system to keep growth rates up shows that it is willing to begin undertaking modest economic reforms.

It is, in effect, letting bubbles shrink rather than grow until they pop. This approach is characteristic of the new leadership that took charge in March. It is less risk-averse and has a more long-sighted handle on the necessary economic changes that China will have to undertake. The new president himself is a cause for optimism. Chinese President Xi Jinping has a more assertive, off-the-cuff style. He is a more spontaneous, charismatic leader than his predecessors and early reviews in China’s blogosphere suggest a favorable first impression. Xi is using this boldness to work to consolidate his support within the Chinese Communist Party. And the extent to which he is successful will mean even more capacity for even more reform over time. All of this does not mean that China’s stability should be taken for granted, or that there are not looming problems on the horizon.

MORE

The economy could have grown between 6 to 7 percent this quarter on the back of consumer and election spending, the country's economic chief said Monday.

“My expectation is for the economy to grow within the government’s target of 6 to 7 percent in the first quarter. We’re expecting something within that range,” Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Arsenio Balisacan told reporters at the sidelines of a forum in Pasig City.

“So far, indicators are favorable,” he noted.

The country still survives from the remittance sent by its 5 million expats working their ass off in the rich oil countries of the middle east and the rest of the world, not their corrupt goernment

Forum List

Back