Breaking: Hillary Clinton Demands Step-Stool At Debate Podium To Add Height

And just to be a
How embarrassing. It's on the front page of Drudge Report right now.

Short Hillary won'tbe allowed to debate tall Trump on a STEP STOOL
From the link:

he Clinton camp didn't get its wish, but Hillary will have a 'custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature,' according to a breaking news alert The Drudge Report published Friday morning.

Just to be a pedantic asshole, I would like to point out that a podium is the stage. A lecturn is what the candidates stand behind while they speak.

Definition of PODIUM
  • : a raised platform for a speaker, performer, or the leader of an orchestra

• : a stand with a slanted surface that holds a book, notes, etc., for someone who is reading, speaking, or teaching

And just to be a

From the link:

he Clinton camp didn't get its wish, but Hillary will have a 'custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature,' according to a breaking news alert The Drudge Report published Friday morning.

Just to be a pedantic asshole, I would like to point out that a podium is the stage. A lecturn is what the candidates stand behind while they speak.

Definition of PODIUM

• : a stand with a slanted surface that holds a book, notes, etc., for someone who is reading, speaking, or teaching
That dictionary is wrong. :D

Podium vs Lectern, What's the difference?

. Any easy way to remember it is that the word podium comes from the same Latin root as the word podiatrist, a foot doctor. Podium and podiatrists both have to do with feet.

And just to be a

From the link:

Definition of PODIUM

. Any easy way to remember it is that the word podium comes from the same Latin root as the word podiatrist, a foot doctor. Podium and podiatrists both have to do with feet.
Oh wow. A blog. You got me.

And just to be a

From the link:

Definition of PODIUM

podium (n.)
1743, "raised platform around an ancient arena," also "projecting base of a pedestal," from Latin podium "raised platform," from Greek podion "foot of a vase," diminutive of pous (genitive podos) "foot," from PIE root *ped- (1) "a foot" (see foot (n.)). Meaning "raised platform at the front of a hall or stage" is from 1947.

Online Etymology Dictionary

Dictionaries of the 21st century: Proof that if enough people say something enough times it will become true.

And just to be a

From the link:

Definition of PODIUM

podium (n.)
1743, "raised platform around an ancient arena," also "projecting base of a pedestal," from Latin podium "raised platform," from Greek podion "foot of a vase," diminutive of pous (genitive podos) "foot," from PIE root *ped- (1) "a foot" (see foot (n.)). Meaning "raised platform at the front of a hall or stage" is from 1947.

Online Etymology Dictionary
You're working hard at this. The root doesn't mean that's what a word is limited to in contemporary language. Word usage, meanings, idioms are always evolving. Reading old English would be difficult for most people and much would not be understood.

Hillary is only waste high to Trump, which I guess is why Bill married her

instead of giving her a step stool, why not just use a rope to lift her up by the neck? she's only going to be making choking and coughing sounds while having some kind of seizure fit anyways.

Forum List

Back