Breaking: Hillary Clinton Demands Step-Stool At Debate Podium To Add Height

Of course she should have a stepstool!!

After all....Trump has "height privilege"

well---when I was a kid----with four overly tall brothers----sometimes I climbed up on a chair when I HAD SOMETHING
TO SAY-------no one listened anyway
I'm sorry. What did you say?

does not matter-----no one listened anyway-----I WAS STANDING ON MY RIGHTS----......didn't help
Woulda helped if you trained a firearm on them. People perk up when you do that.

it never occurred to me back then-----NOW I LONG FOR
AN ASSAULT RIFLE----all I want for Christmas..........

As long as you're a good girl......

Are they going to install an elevator so she can get on the stool?

Harness suspended by a come-along will make for a more dramatic entrance

I can see Hill and Bill now.....
upload_2016-9-23_17-48-39.png

upload_2016-9-23_17-49-4.png

You know, in almost every other place on television where they have people standing side by side, behind a podium (Jeopardy! for instance), they try to get everyone to appear to be on the same level.

Why can't they do that for the debates? Shouldn't they appear equal visually?

I wonder if the debate rules also ban racial slurs, misogynistic statements, and questions about tax returns not released? Do you think any banter about Trump's fraud trial in November is also off the table?
What about questions on emails or selling your government office to the highest bidder for personal gain?

You know, in almost every other place on television where they have people standing side by side, behind a podium (Jeopardy! for instance), they try to get everyone to appear to be on the same level.

Because the debates are supposed to be honest, not a sham like most television shows.

So artificially enhancing ones stature is okay?
Whatever happened to that liberal credo "Just be yourself".....how ever freaky that may be.

How embarrassing. It's on the front page of Drudge Report right now.

Short Hillary won'tbe allowed to debate tall Trump on a STEP STOOL

This is a pretty common point of contention when it comes to debates for Presidential candidates. In the past, debates have been nearly called off entirely when candidates can't come to an agreement on podium height. The reason it becomes such a big deal is because studies have proven an overwhelming bias in most people to associate a person's height with power and competence. A podium that is too high for one candidate will create the illusion that the candidate is short. A low podium will create an impression that the candidate is tall. Taller candidates will often want higher podiums to capitalize on the optical illusion, while the shorter candidate will often want lower podiums and/or pedestals to stand on to create the appearance of roughly equivalent height.
Studies also show overwhelming bias in most people to associate a person's sex with power and competence. Should Trump get a sex change operation?

Dictionaries of the 21st century: Proof that if enough people say something enough times it will become true.

That's always been true. Dictionaries record the way people use words, not the way they used them in the past.

Because the debates are supposed to be honest, not a sham like most television shows.

"You're fired."

Forum List

Back