Breaking: Justice Scalia has died

Fuck! Now Obama gets to appoint another one! Fuck!

No, he gets to NOMINATE one. The Senate is under no obligation to approve that nomination.
thomas's confirmation took a little over 100 days. think they can really leave a supreme court vacancy open for three times that?
Yes, but if Senate Republicans block the nomination for 10 months they will take a lot of heat and that's not too good an idea in an election year when 24 republican seats up for grabs and a loss of 4 seats would send control back to the democrats. I think they will opt to negotiate with Obama, however Obama might not be in a negotiating mood because if republicans block his nomination, then the democrats would have a liberal court for a year. If republicans win with Trump, there is no guarantee Trump would nominate a conservative.

Jonathan Turley opines that a recess appt by Obama would be the worst mistake of his Presidency. Now THAT is saying something....

Fuck! Now Obama gets to appoint another one! Fuck!

No, he gets to NOMINATE one. The Senate is under no obligation to approve that nomination.
thomas's confirmation took a little over 100 days. think they can really leave a supreme court vacancy open for three times that?
Yes, but if Senate Republicans block the nomination for 10 months they will take a lot of heat and that's not too good an idea in an election year when 24 republican seats up for grabs and a loss of 4 seats would send control back to the democrats. I think they will opt to negotiate with Obama, however Obama might not be in a negotiating mood because if republicans block his nomination, then the democrats would have a liberal court for a year. If republicans win with Trump, there is no guarantee Trump would nominate a conservative.

However, what current senator up for re election now is going to vote for any Obama candidate? They'll be eaten alive by the GOP base, thereby ensuring the Democrats take over the senate and Obama gets his nominee on the court. I think McConnell will have no choice but to protect those seats.

I don't expect Obama to get his nominee through, I hope I'm wrong.

Hard to believe that big ol bear would ever die....He was the epitome of an American system of enlightened jurists, Constitutional purist, and scholar. The world is a colder place without Antonin Scalia.
sad_zpsf2041f8c.png

justice-antonin-scalia-bigo.jpg

Jonathan Turley opines that a recess appt by Obama would be the worst mistake of his Presidency. Now THAT is saying something....

The Senate won't recess this year....the Kenyan can't be trusted to act with dignity since he never has.

I kept hearing it was a given the Dems would retain the Senate in 2014

how's president romney doing?

he he he

Who controls the Senate? he he he he. Dumbasses

Ask us again on a Wednesday in November....Dumbass.

GFY Candy Corny...how's that?

Your surrender is noted; but not surprising.

how's president romney doing?

he he he

Who controls the Senate? he he he he. Dumbasses

Ask us again on a Wednesday in November....Dumbass.

GFY Candy Corny...how's that?

Your surrender is noted; but not surprising.

I never surrendered to you...but I do notice someone else says that exact same thing....sock ;)

• Donald J. Trump Statement on Justice Scalia
    Donald J. Trump ^ | February 13, 2016 | Donald J. Trump
    I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to the Scalia family after the passing of Justice Scalia. Justice Scalia was a remarkable person and a brilliant Supreme Court Justice, one of the best of all time. His career was defined by his reverence for the Constitution and his legacy of protecting Americans' most cherished freedoms. He was a Justice who did not believe in legislating from the bench and he is a person whom I held in the highest regard and will always greatly respect his intelligence and conviction to uphold the Constitution of our country. My thoughts and...

Obabble just delivered a speech on Scalia...very emotional...right out of Wikipedia. What a schmuck...no tie...California casual.

Forum List

Back