BREAKING: Latest Baltimore trial ends in aquital

In the Freddie Gray case. I am surprised more have not responded here.

Wonder what tonight might bring?

Who the judge is, that acquitted him, may hopefully help keep things toned down. Or will they call him an 'uncle tom'?
th

I commend the Judge in his decision and comments.

Caesar Goodson cleared of all charges...
confused.gif

Freddie Gray case: Caesar Goodson cleared of all charges
June 23, 2016 -- A judge acquitted police van driver Caesar Goodson of all charges including "depraved-heart" murder on Thursday in the death of 25-year-old arrestee Freddie Gray, whose broken neck on the way to the station set off Baltimore's worst riots in decades.
Six officers were charged in Gray's death, but only Goodson was accused of murder. Gray was fatally injured after officers bound his hands and feet and Goodson left him unprotected by a seat belt that prosecutors say would have kept him from slamming into the van's metal walls.

Baltimore Circuit Judge Barry Williams delivered his verdict after hearing five days of testimony in the non-jury trial. He also found Goodson not guilty of manslaughter, assault, misconduct in office, and reckless endangerment.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said in a statement posted to Twitter that Goodson still faces a police administrative review. "We once again ask the citizens to be patient and to allow the entire process to come to a conclusion," Rawlings-Blake said.

MORE

Who the judge is, that acquitted him, may hopefully help keep things toned down. Or will they call him an 'uncle tom'?
th

I commend the Judge in his decision and comments.

And of course the fact that the defendant is also black.

I believe this particular defendant was the one the focus was most on. If they can't get him, they may as well drop the remaining cases.

Forum List

Back