Breaking — McCloskeys charged with felony by Kim Gardner…

When the event happened I was loudly and roundly criticized for saying that the McCloskey's were idiots. I said that they had acted stupidly from a strategic standpoint, a tactical standpoint, and possibly a legal standpoint. Waving the bang stick around tends to get charges filed. I pointed out that in Georgia, they would have been arrested same day for Aggravated Assault.

I was told that they were heroes, and deserved our admiration. I was right about the Strategic, and right about the Tactical, and now I have been proven right by the filing of charges on the legal issue.

Now what should they have done? Gone inside and called the police, and then kept their weapons at hand INSIDE the house. If the trespassers threatening violence had tried to enter the house, then you can shoot them legally. You have a leg to stand on, you are defending yourself in your home. Self Defense comes into play, and if like me you have USCCA insurance than they'll pay for your legal defense. However, if you are out in the yard waving the bang stick around in violation of the law, even if it is a chicken shit charge, chances are that USCCA will try to weasel out of paying saying you were committing a crime.

People need to be smart when it comes to guns, and these idiots were not. Now they have the expense of a legal defense, and their ability to purchase firearms in the foreseeable future is in jeopardy. If anyone lends them or sells them a gun privately, they will be committing a federal felony. Fine if they want more legal problems.

Oh my god. Nuance!!!!

Thanks for injecting some.

I don't see how she can get a conviction. They may have been way overly paranoid but that isn't illegal.
So if someone down the street from you was killed in mob violence recently and now, you have mob violence at your door, you gonna risk this is a nice mob that tore down your gate?

Those marching to the mayor's house were clear they meant no one harm. As I noted though, you can legally stand outside your house with a gun.
Yes, but you can't threaten others with a gun who are not threatening you.

I don't see how she can get a conviction. They may have been way overly paranoid but that isn't illegal.
So if someone down the street from you was killed in mob violence recently and now, you have mob violence at your door, you gonna risk this is a nice mob that tore down your gate?

Those marching to the mayor's house were clear they meant no one harm. As I noted though, you can legally stand outside your house with a gun.

You can stand there and tell people to stay off your property.

Lol are you going to troll this like arbery case? Please don’t

they were on private property
riots are going on all over the streets in their own city

you are giving them zero benefit of the situation they were in and you are PRETENDING the "crowd" was simply law abiding citizens on their way to tell the mayor of their disapproval.

law abiding citizens don't trespass and tear down gates and threaten dogs / families. you pull a gun on me cause i'm on your yard i'm going to simply say my bad and apologies, not cuss them out.

now fuck off with this shit.
The guns appeared before the threats.

The evil bitch charges them with a felony, then says she will seek a diversionary program with no jail time. Duh, it is still a felony charge.

Missouri Governor indicates that he will pardon them. Do it now, Mr. Governor.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey are both personal injury attorneys in their 60s. Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner told The Associated Press that their actions risked creating a violent situation during an otherwise nonviolent protest last month.

The nonviolent protest that began with breaking down a security gate and trespassing?
Broken-gate-2.jpg

“This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets,” McCloskey said. “We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob.”

Yup. Nonviolent.

The McCloskeys are racist for not letting the protesters kill them.

"protesters"

LOL

Those are not protesters. They were lynching mob, acting the same way KKK did back in a day.

Imagine the shame the founding fathers would feel learning that a feral ape is undermining the rule of law at the bidding of an America-hating, foreign nazi shitstain.

Know the enemy.
Scratch a conservative ^^^ find a racist.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, use your guns illegally, the government will come after them.

Aren't you cute?

Did all the Brits ALL use their guns illegally? They took em anyway.
Did all the Aussies ALL use their guns illegally? No. They took em anyway.

Ownership is how the left will define "Illegal Use" of guns.
It's already that way in "crime free" NYC, Chicago, LA and everywhere Democrats breed and fester.

You know that. Stop being a putz.
I'm not aware the Brits or the Aussies had a Second Amendment? Do you know better?

If they meant no harm, why mayor had armed police guarding the place?

The McCloskey's were the ones who initiated the threat. That's why they're charged.

The 'protesters' were on private property.
They were not on the McCloskey's private property. No law in any state, including Missouri, allows homeowners to threaten other peoples' lives with firearms over property that's not their's.

If they meant no harm, why mayor had armed police guarding the place?

I went to a protest at the local school board last month. No one did any harm nor did anyone intend on doing any harm. The board still had armed police there.

Remember, kids, threatening to kill someone and destroying their property doesn't mean you wish them harm.

Clearly.

Correct. :D

They were just enforcing "cultural enrichment".

You can stand there and tell people to stay off your property.
That is true. However ... this ...

img5f0b34ab191824321b55da13.jpg

... is not simply standing standing there. That's 4th degree felony assault according to Missouri law.

Remember, kids, threatening to kill someone and destroying their property doesn't mean you wish them harm.

Clearly.
pknopp laughed at this post.

That says a great deal about him. And none of it complimentary.

I laughed because no one was threatened. Well, the homeowners weren't.

Not at all... they were just jogging in the neighborhood, and checking the real estate while it still have some value.

Forum List

Back