Breaking — McCloskeys charged with felony by Kim Gardner…

I don't see how she can get a conviction. They may have been way overly paranoid but that isn't illegal.
So if someone down the street from you was killed in mob violence recently and now, you have mob violence at your door, you gonna risk this is a nice mob that tore down your gate?

Those marching to the mayor's house were clear they meant no one harm. As I noted though, you can legally stand outside your house with a gun.
Yes, but you can't threaten others with a gun who are not threatening you.
Lol are you going to troll this like arbery case? Please don’t
You're always welcome to put me on ignore if you can't handle the truth.

I don't see how she can get a conviction. They may have been way overly paranoid but that isn't illegal.
So if someone down the street from you was killed in mob violence recently and now, you have mob violence at your door, you gonna risk this is a nice mob that tore down your gate?

Those marching to the mayor's house were clear they meant no one harm. As I noted though, you can legally stand outside your house with a gun.
Truth, 2 incidents on video and you deny it lol

If breaking into private property is not a threat, neither is carrying the gun.

You can stand there and tell people to stay off your property.

Right, and they will just leave, right?

By the way, what they were doing on the private property anyways?

Damn that good

That is true. However ... this ...

img5f0b34ab191824321b55da13.jpg

... is not simply standing standing there. That's 4th degree felony assault according to Missouri law.

As I stated in my first post, it's over the top paranoid actions but yes you can do that to protect your property.

If you don’t like what McCloskeys did , you don’t like America

If they meant no harm, why mayor had armed police guarding the place?

I went to a protest at the local school board last month. No one did any harm nor did anyone intend on doing any harm. The board still had armed police there.

Great, these "peaceful protesters" didn't intend any harm, you say. Why is the problem if property owner show up with a gun?

... is not simply standing standing there. That's 4th degree felony assault according to Missouri law.

Who exactly was assaulted?

When the event happened I was loudly and roundly criticized for saying that the McCloskey's were idiots. I said that they had acted stupidly from a strategic standpoint, a tactical standpoint, and possibly a legal standpoint. Waving the bang stick around tends to get charges filed. I pointed out that in Georgia, they would have been arrested same day for Aggravated Assault.

I was told that they were heroes, and deserved our admiration. I was right about the Strategic, and right about the Tactical, and now I have been proven right by the filing of charges on the legal issue.

Now what should they have done? Gone inside and called the police, and then kept their weapons at hand INSIDE the house. If the trespassers threatening violence had tried to enter the house, then you can shoot them legally. You have a leg to stand on, you are defending yourself in your home. Self Defense comes into play, and if like me you have USCCA insurance than they'll pay for your legal defense. However, if you are out in the yard waving the bang stick around in violation of the law, even if it is a chicken shit charge, chances are that USCCA will try to weasel out of paying saying you were committing a crime.

People need to be smart when it comes to guns, and these idiots were not. Now they have the expense of a legal defense, and their ability to purchase firearms in the foreseeable future is in jeopardy. If anyone lends them or sells them a gun privately, they will be committing a federal felony. Fine if they want more legal problems.

Oh my god. Nuance!!!!

Thanks for injecting some.
He is good about not oversimplifying these things but the truth is, if a large loud crowd of strangers rolls up on you, trespassing on your property, it's reasonable to feel threatened.

LOLOL

You mean two cases where people are charged with felonies that you think are innocent??

LOLOLOL

Who exactly was assaulted?
The protesters.

When the event happened I was loudly and roundly criticized for saying that the McCloskey's were idiots. I said that they had acted stupidly from a strategic standpoint, a tactical standpoint, and possibly a legal standpoint. Waving the bang stick around tends to get charges filed. I pointed out that in Georgia, they would have been arrested same day for Aggravated Assault.

I was told that they were heroes, and deserved our admiration. I was right about the Strategic, and right about the Tactical, and now I have been proven right by the filing of charges on the legal issue.

Now what should they have done? Gone inside and called the police, and then kept their weapons at hand INSIDE the house. If the trespassers threatening violence had tried to enter the house, then you can shoot them legally. You have a leg to stand on, you are defending yourself in your home. Self Defense comes into play, and if like me you have USCCA insurance than they'll pay for your legal defense. However, if you are out in the yard waving the bang stick around in violation of the law, even if it is a chicken shit charge, chances are that USCCA will try to weasel out of paying saying you were committing a crime.

People need to be smart when it comes to guns, and these idiots were not. Now they have the expense of a legal defense, and their ability to purchase firearms in the foreseeable future is in jeopardy. If anyone lends them or sells them a gun privately, they will be committing a federal felony. Fine if they want more legal problems.

They're alive aren't they? Their property wasn't destroyed, right? The goons entered a private area after breaking down the gate, huh?

Rethink your thinking dope

They had every fucking right....every fucking right

People can't threaten others with firearms for breaking into someone else's property. Not in America, anyway.

LOLOL

You mean two cases where people are charged with felonies that you think are innocent??

LOLOLOL
So you saw people break into a property threaten the owners and brag justice was done lol your so Pathetic lol

Right, and they will just leave, right?

By the way, what they were doing on the private property anyways?

I saw people marching to the mayor's house to protest in front of his house.

People can't threaten others with firearms for breaking into someone else's property. Not in America, anyway.
It depends upon the totality of the circumstances, as do most legal matters.

If they meant no harm, why mayor had armed police guarding the place?

I went to a protest at the local school board last month. No one did any harm nor did anyone intend on doing any harm. The board still had armed police there.

Great, these "peaceful protesters" didn't intend any harm, you say. Why is the problem if property owner show up with a gun?

Have you read anything I've wrote?

As I stated in my first post, it's over the top paranoid actions but yes you can do that to protect your property.
Unfortunately for the McCloskey's, they didn't pull guns to protect their property. Their property wasn't threatened until after they pulled their guns (at least for Mark McCloskey) and their guns were non-functional, so they weren't protecting shit with those props. Instead, they were using them to intimidate others -- a 4th degree felony assault.

Forum List

Back