BREAKING: Mindy McCready dead at 37

This is so very sad. Her older son is seven, and the baby is nine months old. His father (allegedly) committed suicide earlier this year.

At first I would have asked what kind of a selfish woman leaves behind her young children, then I read the article.

Her long term partner died, and that must have hit her hard. She must have felt she couldn't live without him. If only she had gotten enough help...

I have no idea who she is or what she sings, but its always a tragedy when a troubled person takes their own life.

First I've heard of her, but 37 is too young for a career to be cut short...
:eek:
Singer Mindy McCready dies in apparent suicide
18 Feb.`13 — Mindy McCready, who hit the top of the country charts before personal problems sidetracked her career, died Sunday in Arkansas in an apparent suicide. She was 37.
The Cleburne County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that McCready was found dead at a residence in Heber Springs from what appears to be a single, self-inflicted gunshot to the head. An autopsy is pending. It wasn't the first suicide attempt for the troubled singer, whose list of problems only continued to grow in 2013. McCready entered court-ordered rehab earlier this month after her father told a judge she was no longer taking care of herself or her children and was abusing drugs and alcohol. Her sons were put in foster care at the time, but it's not clear where Zander and Zayne were at the time of McCready's death.

McCready's longtime boyfriend David Wilson, the father of her younger son, died last month in Arkansas. Authorities found his body on the same porch where they discovered McCready's on Sunday, and his death also was investigated as a suicide. The front porch light remained on Sunday night at McCready's home in the wooded lakefront community filled with large homes. Yellow crime-scene tape blocked off the front of the house, and a deputy sat watch over the property, referring questions to the sheriff. A pickup truck remained in the driveway.

d7b3d29beac0d305290f6a7067000baf.jpg

In this undated file photo, country singer Mindy McCready performs in Nashville, Tenn. McCready, who hit the top of the country charts before personal problems sidetracked her career, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. She was 37.

Wilson's passing struck McCready hard. She issued a statement last month lamenting his death. She called him her soul mate and a caregiver to her sons in an interview with NBC's "Today." She said she'd never gone through anything as painful as his death. "I just keep telling myself that the more suffering that I go through, the greater character I'll have," she said, according to a transcript of the interview. News of McCready's death spread quickly Sunday night on Twitter, with major country stars paying their respects to the onetime Nashville darling. "Too much tragedy to overcome. R.I.P Mindy McCready," wrote Natalie Maines of The Dixie Chicks. And Jason Aldean added: "Just heard about Mindy McCready. My thoughts and prayers are with her 2 boys and her family."

Melinda Gayle McCready arrived in Nashville in 1994 still in her teens with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a recording contract with BNA Records. In 1996, her "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to females. Her other hits included "Ten Thousand Angels," also in 1996, and her album by that title sold 2 million copies. She spent the next 15 years chasing another hit as personal problems began plaguing her. Her problems included a custody battle with her mother over one of her sons, an overdose and discord in her love life. McCready took her older son, Zander, from her mother and the boy's legal guardian, Gayle Inge, in late 2011. She fled to Arkansas without permission over what she called child abuse fears. Authorities eventually found McCready hiding in a residence without permission and took the boy into custody. She and Wilson had a son, Zayne, in April 2012. The older son's father is McCready's former boyfriend Billy McKnight.

MORE

Oh no. Please tell me oh no.

Everyone was coming in for her royalties. Tell me please someone please me she didn't kill herself.

This is so very sad. Her older son is seven, and the baby is nine months old. His father (allegedly) committed suicide earlier this year.

At first I would have asked what kind of a selfish woman leaves behind her young children, then I read the article.

Her long term partner died, and that must have hit her hard. She must have felt she couldn't live without him. If only she had gotten enough help...

I have no idea who she is or what she sings, but its always a tragedy when a troubled person takes their own life.

Her mother was after her again. First thing that happened is her mother filed an application for the removal of the children.

Her mother drove her to suicide. I've never see a mother who could match mine hating me.

All the mom wants is the money.

From what I can tell she's a country western Britney Spears.

Only had a couple of hits and then got into drugs and spent time getting thrown in jail and put on probation. Was engaged to Dean Cain at one time and dated Roger Clemens.

She was used and abused. Not making excuses here. Her mother. Watch her now. Watch the mother.

As far as I know, husband had committed suicide and first thing old mom does is to try to take the children.

Her mother is a blood sucking pig.

To every time you sing you get money. If Mindy has one song she wrote or co wrote the money would be coming to her heirs.

Oh no. Please tell me oh no.

Everyone was coming in for her royalties. Tell me please someone please me she didn't kill herself.

She did. Her boyfriend/father of her second kid killed himself last month. At least that's the story thus far...

Terribly tragic, "TMZ reported she had shot her dog before turning the gun on herself." She left her two children... Just cannot understand how a person could do this. Nonetherless, R.I.P. Malinda Gayle McCready

I didn't know her music but sad all the same. Not to mention selfish. Too bad she was too far gone to seek help.

From what I can tell she's a country western Britney Spears.

Only had a couple of hits and then got into drugs and spent time getting thrown in jail and put on probation. Was engaged to Dean Cain at one time and dated Roger Clemens.

She was used and abused. Not making excuses here. Her mother. Watch her now. Watch the mother.

As far as I know, husband had committed suicide and first thing old mom does is to try to take the children.

Her mother is a blood sucking pig.

The mother might have been afraid and anticipated that she would turn a gun on the kids like she did the dog.

I am changing my stance on tough love lately. My brother in law was talking to his son at a party this weekend telling him in no uncertain terms that he has two kids now and needs to stop drinking, partying be more responsible. He told him the kids don't need to see their parents drunk.

My BIL has made his way in life and has become extremely successful. The son is a good kid but he needs to be told these things like many of them do.

Again, I don't know the entire story but knowing how it turned out, I'm kind of glad the grandmother had the kids.

Everybody can post here about how stupid they think she was or how selfish or how sad....but none of us knows what was exactly going thru her mind.
Everybody hurts, all of us have pain....it doesn't matter if you are a superstar or a homeless person, we all have troubles.
Sometimes........living is more painful than dying.............it is hard to live in pain. Just because the pain isn't physical.....mental, emotional pain can be deadly.
People are entitled to their opinions no doubt....I choose to simply say...May she rest in peace~

Good. This is another success of the drug addict mentality. She joins a very long list of other "stars" who had a real good time with drugs and alcohol. Just having fun. It's none of your business. She's like Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Hugh O'Connor, Janis Joplin, John Belushi, Whitney Houston it's a long list.

Let them take drugs, combine those drugs with alcohol, and kill themselves. Instead of mourning their loss, they should be made an example of.

The only shame of it is that she killed her dog, while Mindy McCready deserved what happened, her dog didn't.

Last edited:
Other recording artists regret the loss of Mindy...
:redface:
Stars pay tribute to Mindy McCready
February 18, 2013 - Mindy McCready's troubled life came to an end at age 37, as police said she shot herself in the head at her Heber Springs, Ark. home.
Celebrities took to Twitter to mourn the death of the country chanteuse. Carrie Underwood: "I grew up listening to Mindy McCready…so sad for her family tonight. Many prayers are going out to them…"

SPL498131_010101453--300x300.jpg

Mindy McCready died of an apparent suicide

Wynonna Judd: "Oh my! Mindy. Dear sweet girl. This is so sad. It just breaks my heart what addiction continues to take from this life. Addiction is a dis EASE & not a character flaw. When the pain becomes too much, it causes people to want that pain to stop. This is just so Unbelievable & so sad. God be with the family & those babies. Surround them with your grace & mercy.Sleep in Heavenly peace Mindy."

Many other stars paid tribute:

I didn't know her music but sad all the same. Not to mention selfish. Too bad she was too far gone to seek help.

She had sought help. She was on "Celebrity Rehab". McCready having a seizure, falling out of bed, and causing roommate Mackenzie Phillips to freak out must have been shown as a commercial 1,000 times.

Rehab has got to be hard enuff without going thru it being televised. It is not particularly good for the addict; it is good for profits for the producers.

Dr. Drew PInsky is saying "stigma" about mental illness helped cause McCready's suicide. The stigma sure was helped along by having her featured on your ghoulish show, you schmuck!

Pinsky ought to be sued for malpractice by the families of the four celebrities who have died after attending Pinsky's "Celebrity Rehab".

Blessings upon the heads of McCready's small sons.

Regards from Rosie

The father of her oldest boy is still around and I read that he sued her for custody right after the father of her youngest boy shot himself. What a way to lift her spirits and make things better for her! I say that his doing that to her is what drove her over the edge and him doing such a thing doesn't surprise me because back when he and her were together, he would beat her like a rented mule. I am guessing that he got bored with physical abuse and decided to go in the direction of what may be the worst form of abuse that there is: emotional abuse. :evil: :evil: :evil:

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. My most favorite song from her went to radio 15 years ago named "The Other Side Of This Kiss".

Forum List

Back