Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

What we have here with the MW discussion is a cultural issue. Those on the left think that society somehow OWES all of its members some imaginary "living wage".

Listen libs, society owes you nothing. The only thing you are owed is what you earn.

Now, that does not apply to those who are physically or mentally incapable of caring for themselves, society does owe them some help, but only if their families are unable to care for them.

Businesses do not pay more than they feel they have to pay. Employers general pay the going rate for location and type of work. I paid my employees enough to encourage them to do an excellent job for me, which all of them did. Employers are not going to pay anyone double for work. Employers are not charity organizations. They're in business to make money. I have told NO lies, and until you can point to the words that you consider to be lies, there were no lies. My IQ is 123 according to the government GCT. But, that was years ago. I'm not sure what the IQ was the last time I was tested, my employer did not tell me the results of the test. It was for company benefit only. I can only imagine that it's close to the same now. Why? Are you questioning my IQ because you disagree with me? Or, is it just another childish attempt at a slur? What's your IQ? What's your age? Do you always use childish remarks to respond to others, or are you just having a bad day today? Do you honestly believe that having a civil and adult conversation with someone you don't know anything about, on a public forum, is mature and the accepted way to approach discussing subject matter?
You said "They are not going to pay any more than they have to." Now you are moving the goal posts. But even then you cannot speak for anyone but yourself. Your incessant sniveling and backpeddling count more than your self proclaimed IQ. A smart man doesn't speak for everyone else, make statements that are blatant lies and then try to cover it up a few minutes later when the words are still there.

Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Everyone in America is in it for themselves. No one's gonna work for shite wages just so you can become wealthy and successful. That's just not gonna happen. The only suggestion would be, to hire family members and hope they do the work for lower wages. Kinda like volunteers helpin a loved one out. Otherwise, you gotta pay. It is what it is.
Very well stated. Thanks. Employers pay what they have to pay, and in most cases, not a penny more. With rare exception, they pay the going rate for location and type of work performed ( job title ).

Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Everyone in America is in it for themselves. No one's gonna work for shite wages just so you can become wealthy and successful. That's just not gonna happen. The only suggestion would be, to hire family members and hope they do the work for lower wages. Kinda like volunteers helpin a loved one out. Otherwise, you gotta pay. It is what it is.

Wrong, no one is forced to work for an employer who is not willing to pay them what their labor is worth. That employer will find himself with no workers and will go out of business.

Employment is a contract--------------I will pay you $x/hr if you will do Y job, be here on time and work 40 hours per week. If you don't like the terms of the contract, go somewhere else.

Very well stated. Thanks. Employers pay what they have to pay, and in most cases, not a penny more. With rare exception, they pay the going rate for location and type of work performed ( job title ).

its called supply and demand.

Yeah, workers are not volunteers. They're in it for the $$$, just as business owners are. They're not gonna settle for shite wages just so a business owner can be wealthy and successful. That's not how it works. They have bills and families to take care of. If a business doesn't wanna pay a decent wage, that business needs to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be.

Wrong, no one is forced to work for an employer who is not willing to pay them what their labor is worth. That employer will find himself with no workers and will go out of business.

Employment is a contract--------------I will pay you $x/hr if you will do Y job, be here on time and work 40 hours per week. If you don't like the terms of the contract, go somewhere else.

Don't wanna pay, get outta Dodge. It's America, everyone's in it for themselves. Workers aren't in it to do volunteer work. They're in it for the $$$, just like any business owner is.

Yeah, workers are not volunteers. They're in it for the $$$, just as business owners are. They're not gonna settle for shite wages just so a business owner can be wealthy and successful. That's not how it works. They have bills and families to take care of. If a business doesn't wanna pay a decent wage, that business needs to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be.

supply and demand, dingleberry. unskilled labor is in big supply, therefor it does not get high pay. If you want higher pay, get some skills that are in demand.

garbage collectors will never get the same pay as neurosurgeons. Get over the "everybody is equal" bullshit, because everybody is not equal.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can
become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Pay, or go belly-up. There's no crying in Business. It's the American Way.

Don't wanna pay, get outta Dodge. It's America, everyone's in it for themselves. Workers aren't in it to do volunteer work. They're in it for the $$$, just like any business owner is.

I agree with that. But society does not OWE every member a job that will pay his bills. Thats what you seem to be missing here.

Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can
become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Yes, businesses must pay what it takes to get employees. Fast food workers here start above minimum wage because thats what the market demands.

The market should set the price of labor, not some beaurocrats in DC.

supply and demand, dingleberry. unskilled labor is in big supply, therefor it does not get high pay. If you want higher pay, get some skills that are in demand.

garbage collectors will never get the same pay as neurosurgeons. Get over the "everybody is equal" bullshit, because everybody is not equal.

Unskilled or not, you need em. Better pay em well. Or go under. That's supply and demand.

Yes, businesses must pay what it takes to get employees. Fast food workers here start above minimum wage because thats what the market demands.

Like it or not, you need unskilled and skilled workers. Your Business can't survive without them. So if you're not willing to pay, it's time for you to close your Business and go do something else. It wasn't meant to be. It's thinning the herd. It's survival of the fittest.

Unskilled or not, you need em. Better pay em well. Or go under. That's supply and demand.

I think we are saying the same thing. The difference seems to be that you think society somehow OWES everyone an income that will pay their bills, no matter what their bills are.

In your world would a single guy get the same pay as a married guy with 4 kids if they were doing the exact same job?

I am well aware of the economic situation in this country regarding families, as well as single workers. Yes, businesses will do what they have to in order to retain cheap labor, as they are accustom to doing. They are not going to pay any more than they have to. I'm well aware of how the system works. I worked for over 40 years in many industries.
That's a lie. There's no law (yet) that dictates pay raises but all businesses I know of have them. You get better at your job and can do more, they want you to stay, so they give you a raise. Simple stuff really.
What's a lie? Where did I lie? I said absolutely nothing about "a law". Who are you addressing? I don't believe that I mentioned a law. What was the lie?
You're a retard!
"They are not going to pay any more than they have to."

That's a lie. You know nothing about business, you're running your cyber mouth about things completely out of your grasp.
Oh, I see. so instead of paying an employee $20.00 an hour to do a task ( job ), a business will pay double that just out of the goodness of its heart? Or, a business will pay a janitor $40.00 an hour just to feel good about itself? What's a lie? Where did I lie? A business is not going to pay an employee any more than they have to pay. What business do you know of that pays employees way more than the going rate? Name a business that pays way outside the going rate for any particular job? I have owned two businesses, and yet, you say that I know nothing about running a business? That shows just how little you know.

Also, your childish and silly name calling and personal attack is school yard stuff, and has no place on forums where adults are attempting to have civil conversations. Your age? If you think that immature "cyber mouth" comment makes you appear to be intelligent and "all-knowing", think again. FYI - Business is NOT out of my grasp. If there's anything that you'd like to know or learn about "business", just ask. I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can. I do not mind sharing knowledge or my many years of experience.

Again, what lie did I tell, or what lie are you referring to? Care to tell me the lie that you think I told? And, please grow up and at least appear to be adult in these conversations. Childish remarks and comments add absolutely nothing to these conversations.

As a JOFO who has contributed to this thread ........................

Give it a breqak Sonny, you have had plenty of room to make yourself look intelligent ........................

[BUZZER GOES OFF]

As some one casually reading this, if you have ever owned any business's as yoiu claim your rghetoric does not reflect it.

Let me DUCMB THAT DOWN FOR YOU

You can't even talk the talk, much less put anything of true intellectual value to support your case.

Now you can call this name calling or what the fuck ever yoiur little pampered princess whine's vocabulary has for my type of activity.

So when we talk about growing up, .......................

Holla

Seattle15perhour.jpg

Ok :cuckoo:

Like it or not, you need unskilled and skilled workers. Your Business can't survive without them. So if you're not willing to pay, it's time for you to close your Business and go do something else. It wasn't meant to be. It's thinning the herd. It's survival of the fittest.

now you have become stupidly repetitious.

If you truly are putting out a great product, you will be successful. And that goes for all businesses. If you're doing it right, you'll be successful and will be able to pay workers well. If you're not doing it right, you're all done. You won't be able to pay workers a decent wage. You'll have to close up shop and get outta Dodge. It's as simple as that.

I am well aware of the economic situation in this country regarding families, as well as single workers. Yes, businesses will do what they have to in order to retain cheap labor, as they are accustom to doing. They are not going to pay any more than they have to. I'm well aware of how the system works. I worked for over 40 years in many industries.
That's a lie. There's no law (yet) that dictates pay raises but all businesses I know of have them. You get better at your job and can do more, they want you to stay, so they give you a raise. Simple stuff really.
What's a lie? Where did I lie? I said absolutely nothing about "a law". Who are you addressing? I don't believe that I mentioned a law. What was the lie?
You're a retard!
"They are not going to pay any more than they have to."

That's a lie. You know nothing about business, you're running your cyber mouth about things completely out of your grasp.
Oh, I see. so instead of paying an employee $20.00 an hour to do a task ( job ), a business will pay double that just out of the goodness of its heart? Or, a business will pay a janitor $40.00 an hour just to feel good about itself? What's a lie? Where did I lie? A business is not going to pay an employee any more than they have to pay. What business do you know of that pays employees way more than the going rate? Name a business that pays way outside the going rate for any particular job? I have owned two businesses, and yet, you say that I know nothing about running a business? That shows just how little you know.

Also, your childish and silly name calling and personal attack is school yard stuff, and has no place on forums where adults are attempting to have civil conversations. Your age? If you think that immature "cyber mouth" comment makes you appear to be intelligent and "all-knowing", think again. FYI - Business is NOT out of my grasp. If there's anything that you'd like to know or learn about "business", just ask. I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can. I do not mind sharing knowledge or my many years of experience.

Again, what lie did I tell, or what lie are you referring to? Care to tell me the lie that you think I told? And, please grow up and at least appear to be adult in these conversations. Childish remarks and comments add absolutely nothing to these conversations.

As a JOFO who has contributed to this thread ........................

Give it a breqak Sonny, you have had plenty of room to make yourself look intelligent ........................

[BUZZER GOES OFF]

As some one casually reading this, if you have ever owned any business's as yoiu claim your rghetoric does not reflect it.

Let me DUCMB THAT DOWN FOR YOU

You can't even talk the talk, much less put anything of true intellectual value to support your case.

Now you can call this name calling or what the fuck ever yoiur little pampered princess whine's vocabulary has for my type of activity.

So when we talk about growing up, .......................

Holla

1. That would be "dumb".

2. What are you babbling about?

Businesses do not pay more than they feel they have to pay. Employers general pay the going rate for location and type of work. I paid my employees enough to encourage them to do an excellent job for me, which all of them did. Employers are not going to pay anyone double for work. Employers are not charity organizations. They're in business to make money. I have told NO lies, and until you can point to the words that you consider to be lies, there were no lies. My IQ is 123 according to the government GCT. But, that was years ago. I'm not sure what the IQ was the last time I was tested, my employer did not tell me the results of the test. It was for company benefit only. I can only imagine that it's close to the same now. Why? Are you questioning my IQ because you disagree with me? Or, is it just another childish attempt at a slur? What's your IQ? What's your age? Do you always use childish remarks to respond to others, or are you just having a bad day today? Do you honestly believe that having a civil and adult conversation with someone you don't know anything about, on a public forum, is mature and the accepted way to approach discussing subject matter?
You said "They are not going to pay any more than they have to." Now you are moving the goal posts. But even then you cannot speak for anyone but yourself. Your incessant sniveling and backpeddling count more than your self proclaimed IQ. A smart man doesn't speak for everyone else, make statements that are blatant lies and then try to cover it up a few minutes later when the words are still there.
Very funny. Cute also. No one is back peddling that I'm aware of, certainly not me. I have not changed my opinion, nor have I stated anything differently than my first stated opinion. I do not change in mid stream. Employers are NOT going to pay any more than they have to pay, period. Employers are in business to make money, and not in business to do charity work by paying ridiculous wages and benefits. Employers pay according the going rate for location and type of work performed, period. Yes, at times an employer may pay a little higher in order to keep key employees from leaving the business. But, again, that's just normal business procedure, and has been around for a long time.

Please point to any changes in my opinion. I do not change my opinion in mid stream. You may have misread, or misunderstood something that I have said, but what I have said didn't change. Now, if you can point to where I have changed my opinion, then, by all means, do so. Otherwise, you can accuse me of changing mu opinion all day long and it wont hold water. Please show what I have said the first time around, then show where what I have said since changed. Otherwise, there were no changes in my opinions.

In addition, what I said about my IQ was an honest statement. Why would I lie? I have no reason to lie about anything. Why would I make it up or attempt to mislead or misinform anyone? I never "snivel", nor do I "back peddle". Those are untrue and hollow statements on your part. You can accuse me all you want, but until you show something to back up what you say about me, it's just childish rants and silly remarks. I don't cover up anything, period. If you can show where I have covered anything up, then please do so. Otherwise, accusing me of doing so is silly and childish on your part. I have never ever claimed to speak for anyone except myself, and it would be very stupid and silly to attempt it. What I say is my own opinion, and never intended to speak for anyone except myself. Please show me where I said that I was speaking for anyone except myself. Can you? Go ahead, show me. If not, then why accuse me of something that you can't back up?

Again, please try to be adult and civil in these conversations. There's no call or need to do otherwise. These are just discussions, nothing more. These conversations are nothing more than exchanges of opinions and views, not war or a contest. Also, I doubt many members here actually know each other personally. We're all strangers on here. We know nothing about each other. So, name calling and personal attacks amount to nothing more than childish school yard behavior.

Forum List

Back