Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Assuming that the number of diners is more or less constant ( except, of course, those who refuse to pay the extra quarter for their Big Mac), the eating establishments that can absorb the added expense of the higher wages will take up the slack for those that can't.

For those restaurants, business will boom and they'll have to put on more staff. Luckily for them, there will be plenty of displaced restaurant workers to choose from.
And then the left will complain because a couple eateries have cornered the market like they do about Walmart.

It's always interesting observing the greedy hateful wankers coming out of the woodwork on threads like this. You can spot em pretty quickly. All you get from them is endless whining about being pissed off because they can't get richer off screwing their lowly workers. If they could only pay them less, everything would be great. That's their mentality. It's all about the greed.

I truly believe if you're putting out a great product, you'll be successful enough to pay your workers a decent wage. If you're not doing it right, you'll be sitting around constantly whining about having to pay workers. In my opinion, it's survival of the fittest. If you can't or won't pay, you shouldn't be in business. It wasn't meant to be. Gotta thin the herd. It's the American Way.

Liberals are confused about a great many things.

One of them is wondering why they can't make a liveable wage when they have no real skills.

Instead of getting the skills or working harder or working smarter they do the sorry ass thing of electing bureaucrats who will use the force of government to give then what they are too sorry to earn themselves.

Would it be better or worse for the private sector, if persons could simply apply for unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines, if they don't want a really really serious (employment) relationship with wealthy Capitalists.

Give it anoither shot dude and put down the fucking crack pipe so we can understand...........................

"apply for unemployment compensation that clears out poverty guidelines" ..................learn fucking English and then give it another shot!!!
It is about the concept of employment at will and solving simple poverty on an a-will basis through Individual Liberty and our Commerce Clause, as a civil moral and civil ethic.

Pay, or go belly-up. There's no crying in Business. It's the American Way.

Yes, businesses must pay what it takes to get employees. Fast food workers here start above minimum wage because thats what the market demands.

The market should set the price of labor, not some beaurocrats in DC.

Like it or not, you need unskilled and skilled workers. Your Business can't survive without them. So if you're not willing to pay, it's time for you to close your Business and go do something else. It wasn't meant to be. It's thinning the herd. It's survival of the fittest.

now you have become stupidly repetitious.

Hey, unskilled workers wanna get paid too. And you need them. So you'll have to pay, or shut it down. It is what it is.

Regardless, don't you think that if someone works 40 hours a week, they should be able to house and feed and clothe their family, educate their kids and address their health needs?

Where is it written that one 40 hour a week job is all that is needed to fulfill your life's desires?

I guarantee you that anyone who has ever become successful worked way more than 40 hours a week.

It's the people who never miss a 15 minute break, never skip a vacation day, use all their sick time, never show up early or stay late that are whining about "liveable wages"

Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Everyone in America is in it for themselves. No one's gonna work for shite wages just so you can become wealthy and successful. That's just not gonna happen. The only suggestion would be, to hire family members and hope they do the work for lower wages. Kinda like volunteers helpin a loved one out. Otherwise, you gotta pay. It is what it is.
Very well stated. Thanks. Employers pay what they have to pay, and in most cases, not a penny more. With rare exception, they pay the going rate for location and type of work performed ( job title ).
And if the going rate for stuffing shit in a plastic bag is MW then that's what they pay

If you want to be paid more than MW then learn how to do something that demands a higher wage

It really is that simple

Unskilled or skilled, you need em. And now you'll have to pay em. Gotta deal with it. Otherwise, quit whining and close your business.
See it's the lbtards like you who would rather close a business and put not only the owner but current employees out of business just simply for an ideology.

Some where in your mean nasty scheme you feel the need to destroy and further burden society than let free market principals work.

There will be a special place in Hell for you..................

Would it be better or worse for the private sector, if persons could simply apply for unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines, if they don't want a really really serious (employment) relationship with wealthy Capitalists.

Give it anoither shot dude and put down the fucking crack pipe so we can understand...........................

"apply for unemployment compensation that clears out poverty guidelines" ..................learn fucking English and then give it another shot!!!
It is about the concept of employment at will and solving simple poverty on an a-will basis through Individual Liberty and our Commerce Clause, as a civil moral and civil ethic.

so instead of paying workers what the market sets for their skill set, the employer should ask them what it takes to pay their monthly bills and give them that much money???

do you have any idea what you are saying?

Hey look, if you can't or won't pay someone a decent wage, you don't belong in business. Employees are not volunteers. They have bills to pay and children to take care of too. They're not there to do volunteer work so you can become wealthier. They're in it for the same reason you are. It's the $$$. So if you don't wanna pay em, it's time to close up shop.

Everyone in America is in it for themselves. No one's gonna work for shite wages just so you can become wealthy and successful. That's just not gonna happen. The only suggestion would be, to hire family members and hope they do the work for lower wages. Kinda like volunteers helpin a loved one out. Otherwise, you gotta pay. It is what it is.
Very well stated. Thanks. Employers pay what they have to pay, and in most cases, not a penny more. With rare exception, they pay the going rate for location and type of work performed ( job title ).

Yeah, workers are not volunteers. They're in it for the $$$, just as business owners are. They're not gonna settle for shite wages just so a business owner can be wealthy and successful. That's not how it works. They have bills and families to take care of. If a business doesn't wanna pay a decent wage, that business needs to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be.

supply and demand, dingleberry. unskilled labor is in big supply, therefor it does not get high pay. If you want higher pay, get some skills that are in demand.

garbage collectors will never get the same pay as neurosurgeons. Get over the "everybody is equal" bullshit, because everybody is not equal.

Unskilled or not, you need em. Better pay em well. Or go under. That's supply and demand.
In other words, cut your nose off to spite your face.

Great strategy.

And if the going rate for stuffing shit in a plastic bag is MW then that's what they pay

If you want to be paid more than MW then learn how to do something that demands a higher wage

It really is that simple

Unskilled or skilled, you need em. And now you'll have to pay em. Gotta deal with it. Otherwise, quit whining and close your business.
See it's the lbtards like you who would rather close a business and put not only the owner but current employees out of business just simply for an ideology.

Some where in your mean nasty scheme you feel the need to destroy and further burden society than let free market principals work.

Thinning the herd. Survival of the fittest. If you can't or won't pay, you shouldn't be in business. Truly successful businesses have no problem paying their workers decent wages. Only weak failing businesses bitch about having to pay. It means they're not putting out a good product. Probably time to close up shop.

You speak like a toddler and demand respect. You lie, then twist other people's words around to make your idiotic ill informed posts. Sometimes businesses do pay out of the goodness of their hearts. Sometimes what they feel they should. Sometimes to keep the help there, especially if the job is unpleasant. It depends on the business and a bunch of variables. Not all of us fit into your small toggle switch world view.

If YOU owned two businesses and payed them only what you had to that explains which category you fit into. Don't project your shortcomings onto others. We are not all like you. And if you are going to make idiotic, dishonest statements about what people say and get rile up when they call you on it it, it's YOU that needs to grow up.
Very silly and childish. Again, what lie did I tell? Where did I lie? What was idiotic? Please point out the lie(s) and the idiotic statement(s). Can you? You're the one that needs to grow up and act civil and adult on this forum. What shortcomings? Care to explain? Or, are you talking hoping that you'll sound good and impressive? Who are you trying to impress? Or, is all of that childish talk for your benefit only? Your age?
I quoted your lie, you fool. You can't even read but you're going to lecture everyone on how evil and cheap all businesses are. That's a special kind of stupid and your constant sniveling like a schoolgirl doesn't help.

I've always paid employees more than I had to, you didn't so you can stuff your insults where they belong. You don't speak for anyone but yourself, you cheap bastard!
You have no idea as to what I paid my employees. And, I told no lies. If you can't point to what you consider to be lies, there were no lies. And, again, calling me names is very immature and silly on your part. In the future, please try to be adult and civil. As far as I can tell, you're not impressing anyone with your childish school yard rants. For your information, I paid my employees very well, very well. I took care of them, and they took care of me. I appreciated them, and they likewise appreciated me. You don't know me or anything about me. You're doing nothing more than blowing hot air about something you know nothing about. Your age?
Would employers object to a general tax for unemployment compensation over our current regime?
In my opinion, employers always want what's fair across the board. And, I'm not speaking of large corporations, but small businesses and mom and pop operations. ( it's a given that large corporations, generally speaking, couldn't care less about anything except the bottom line ) Unemployment compensation is vital and necessary in today's economic environment. Workers need some insurance in case a business folds up, relocates, or down-sizes. Workers' unemployment compensation helps during the transition period between jobs. Employers are already paying a workman's compensation tax ( fee ). If an employer employs a certain number of employees, they are required to pay into the workman's compensation fund. Yes, it can be considered a tax.

What regime are you referring to? What is our current regime? And, how is it different from the already established workers' compensation guidelines?
It is usually handled by the several States.

In California, for example, an employer must set up an account for each and every employee, instead of recourse to a State account or petty cash fund for such purposes, funded by general taxes on Firms.

Poverty is solved by a lot of self's ..................

Self Education
Self Respect
Personal accountability
Prioritizing

You are of the MORON sentiment, that you can fix poverty by throwing money at it ..................

Fucking talk to me about Chicago or Detroit .....................
Talk to me about father who don't want to parent their kids .................

Tell me about all those things that would make a difference.

There is a huge difference between me and you, I know what the fuck we are talking about and you are a fucking parrot................

Polly want a fucking cracker??

Yeah, workers are not volunteers. They're in it for the $$$, just as business owners are. They're not gonna settle for shite wages just so a business owner can be wealthy and successful. That's not how it works. They have bills and families to take care of. If a business doesn't wanna pay a decent wage, that business needs to close up shop. It wasn't meant to be.

supply and demand, dingleberry. unskilled labor is in big supply, therefor it does not get high pay. If you want higher pay, get some skills that are in demand.

garbage collectors will never get the same pay as neurosurgeons. Get over the "everybody is equal" bullshit, because everybody is not equal.

Unskilled or not, you need em. Better pay em well. Or go under. That's supply and demand.
In other words, cut your nose off to spite your face.

Great strategy.

No, weak failing businesses will go under. They weren't putting out a good enough product. If you're bitchin about paying workers, your business is obviously weak and failing. It's probably best to close up shop. It's survival of the fittest. The American Way.

Thinning the herd. Survival of the fittest. If you can't or won't pay, you shouldn't be in business. Truly successful businesses have no problem paying their workers decent wages. Only weak failing businesses bitch about having to pay. It means they're not putting out a good product. Probably time to close up shop.
And people like you are the first to go ballistic when you see the price tag for the truly successful restaurant meals.

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Seattle eateries closing as 15 minimum wage approaches Hot Air
DIPSHIT alert.

I've avoided this thread but decided to take a look. From the link:

some owners are preemptively closing their doors.

How many are "some"???? Seems a lot different than "all over Seattle".

Worse, the few that are closing are doing it before they even know if it will affect their business. Which leads me to suspect they were closing anyway. We all know the difficulty in keeping a new restaurant open.

It really is that simple

Either that, or they're money grubbing cheap skates who don't want to part with their money.

Sorry, but basically what i'm hearing is that business owners are pissed off because they can't get richer off screwing their lowly workers. So, i gotta say BOO HOO for them. Too bad. Quit ya bitchin. Pay up, or go belly-up.

I think they are pissed off because the fucking government is setting wages that are higher than what the free market of labor would demand.

People have a tendency to get pissed off at government tyranny.

No, weak failing businesses will go under. They weren't putting out a good enough product. If you're bitchin about paying workers, your business is obviously weak and failing. It's probably best to close up shop. It's survival of the fittest. The American Way.
A weak and failing people rely increasingly on a nanny state that dictates fairness to its' subjects. Probably time to pack up and leave.

That's a lie. There's no law (yet) that dictates pay raises but all businesses I know of have them. You get better at your job and can do more, they want you to stay, so they give you a raise. Simple stuff really.
What's a lie? Where did I lie? I said absolutely nothing about "a law". Who are you addressing? I don't believe that I mentioned a law. What was the lie?
You're a retard!
"They are not going to pay any more than they have to."

That's a lie. You know nothing about business, you're running your cyber mouth about things completely out of your grasp.
Oh, I see. so instead of paying an employee $20.00 an hour to do a task ( job ), a business will pay double that just out of the goodness of its heart? Or, a business will pay a janitor $40.00 an hour just to feel good about itself? What's a lie? Where did I lie? A business is not going to pay an employee any more than they have to pay. What business do you know of that pays employees way more than the going rate? Name a business that pays way outside the going rate for any particular job? I have owned two businesses, and yet, you say that I know nothing about running a business? That shows just how little you know.

Also, your childish and silly name calling and personal attack is school yard stuff, and has no place on forums where adults are attempting to have civil conversations. Your age? If you think that immature "cyber mouth" comment makes you appear to be intelligent and "all-knowing", think again. FYI - Business is NOT out of my grasp. If there's anything that you'd like to know or learn about "business", just ask. I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can. I do not mind sharing knowledge or my many years of experience.

Again, what lie did I tell, or what lie are you referring to? Care to tell me the lie that you think I told? And, please grow up and at least appear to be adult in these conversations. Childish remarks and comments add absolutely nothing to these conversations.

As a JOFO who has contributed to this thread ........................

Give it a breqak Sonny, you have had plenty of room to make yourself look intelligent ........................

[BUZZER GOES OFF]

As some one casually reading this, if you have ever owned any business's as yoiu claim your rghetoric does not reflect it.

Let me DUCMB THAT DOWN FOR YOU

You can't even talk the talk, much less put anything of true intellectual value to support your case.

Now you can call this name calling or what the fuck ever yoiur little pampered princess whine's vocabulary has for my type of activity.

So when we talk about growing up, .......................

Holla
What case have I not supported? What have I not explained in plain English concerning my opinion on the matter? Go ahead, tell me, if you can. What would you like to know about owning a business? I have owned two of them and would be glad to share my experience and knowledge on the subject. Go ahead, ask me anything that you might be curious about.

What have I said that does not reflect me being a past business owner? Go ahead, tell me what it I have said that does not reflect me being a past business owner.

Yes, you're remarks are childish and silly. There's nothing else to call them except what they are. You want to attack me without knowing anything about me, nor what I have or have not done in my life. Do you think it makes you look intelligent and big? Do you think that immature talk impresses a lot of people? Grow up and at least appear to be adult in these conversations. Don't continue to make yourself look like an angry kid on the school playground.

I new I would get that pampered pillow princess whine back .................

Say pal what happened to these businesses??

Forum List

Back