Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

You need those people stuffing crap into bags. Most Americans are way too fat and lazy to do it themselves. It's Supply & Demand. Low skilled workers wanna get paid too. Nothing wrong with that.
They do get paid they just get paid in accordance with the job

If they want more money then they should make themselves more valuable to their employer

The reason they get paid MW is because any moron off the street can do what they do
What do you do? I'm OK with people making minimum as long as its a fair wage. Can't trust owners so the gov decides that number.
Define fair

I've asked you guys for a long time to put a number on what you think is a decent livable wage for average American Workers in today's America. You guys always duck & run. What do you think an average American can survive on today? Take a shot, throw a number out there.
And I've told you that it's up to you to earn what you need to pay your bills. If your no skill job isn't paying you enough then you can get a second job or learn a skill that will warrant higher pay

Ah, that's a dodge. Just try and put a number on what an average American needs to make to survive in today's America. I'll make it easier for ya. I'll throw out a few numbers. I'll go with $11 - $15 an hr.

How about no less than 60x less than the CEO takes home. Or whatever is a living wage. Its all just funny money anyways.

why? why not 70x or 30x or 90x. whats magic about 60x? Who should invoke those limits, the govt? the shareholders? Should the CEO stop working and go on vacation when he/she kits the magic 60x?

this is foolishness, but you jealousy of successful people is noted.
No ones worth 600x the lowest paid workers. My bro makes over $500k a year. That's ridiculous. But good for him. And good for the union guys getting their fair share.

Is Beyonce worth what society pays her? How about Aaron Rodgers? What does it say about a society when its most valuable members are athletes and entertainers?

But to your point, who should decide how much any person can make? How would you limit Bill Gates income?

Bill Gates desperately needs more foreign workers. Seriously, true story. Great guy, huh?

Do you have any idea why Iphones are made in China rather than the USA?

$$$.

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.
You said that already. If you can't address the points I'm raising, please don't quote my posts.

I did address it. You're just fine with Big Government interference in business if it benefits you. Otherwise, you're all "Government should stay out of it!!" Such high & mighty hypocrisy. Shame on ya.

Actually, I'm neutral on the subject of my city and county actively trying to convince businesses to move here. They can or not, as they choose. But yes, I think IF they are going to do so, it's completely appropriate for the businesses to negotiate for tax incentives in exchange for what the city/county wants. I also think business owners have the same right to petition government as every other citizen does. There's no equivalency between that and government high-handedly dealing itself into business decisions.

You don't get to have it both ways. You beg for handouts, you have to accept Government being involved. Period, end of story.
Or insist such a dead end game cease for all.

Good luck with that. Businesses will always try to game the Government. They only pretend to hate Big Government when it comes to paying Workers. Pretty convenient hypocrisy, no?

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.
A. You don't know any Republicans.
B. You have no friends.

Oh i know plenty. That's why i know how many of you think. Y'all just love Big Government intervention in business if you think it will benefit you. But God forbid the struggling worker catches a break every now & then.

Anyway, the thread is B.S. Businesses are not closing all over Seattle due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanker 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. They'll deal with it and pay their workers a little more. Life will go on.
So you hate big government yet you want the government to tell businesses what to pay people

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that is their right. About time Workers caught a break. I'm happy for em. All States should consider similar actions.

please list the handouts that businesses get in the USA. Be sure to include the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world.

why? why not 70x or 30x or 90x. whats magic about 60x? Who should invoke those limits, the govt? the shareholders? Should the CEO stop working and go on vacation when he/she kits the magic 60x?

this is foolishness, but you jealousy of successful people is noted.
No ones worth 600x the lowest paid workers. My bro makes over $500k a year. That's ridiculous. But good for him. And good for the union guys getting their fair share.

Is Beyonce worth what society pays her? How about Aaron Rodgers? What does it say about a society when its most valuable members are athletes and entertainers?

But to your point, who should decide how much any person can make? How would you limit Bill Gates income?

Bill Gates desperately needs more foreign workers. Seriously, true story. Great guy, huh?

$$$.

Yep, unions and taxes drove those jobs out of this country, along with the entire textile industry, the shipbuilding industry, the light bulb industry, and the TV industry.

B. You have no friends.

Oh i know plenty. That's why i know how many of you think. Y'all just love Big Government intervention in business if you think it will benefit you. But God forbid the struggling worker catches a break every now & then.

Anyway, the thread is B.S. Businesses are not closing all over Seattle due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanker 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. They'll deal with it and pay their workers a little more. Life will go on.
So you hate big government yet you want the government to tell businesses what to pay people

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that's their right. About time Workers catch a break. I'm happy for em.

You happy for all the workers becoming unemployed too?

How does prohibiting workers not worth $15 an hour from working help any of them?

As a former restaurant owner, I can think of two employees who ever worked for me in that business I would not have fired and hired better employees to replace them if I had to pay that wage

'Former' restaurant owner being the key. That was then, this is now. Times change. You can't or won't pay Workers? Don't open a business. It's your call. It is what it is.

B. You have no friends.

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that is their right. About time Workers caught a break. I'm happy for em. All States should consider similar actions.

please list the handouts that businesses get in the USA. Be sure to include the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world.

Come on man, Businesses are always trying to game the Government. They look for any breaks they can get. They love Government involvement when it benefits them. They only pretend to hate Big Government involvement when it comes to paying Workers a decent livable wage.

$$$.

Yep, unions and taxes drove those jobs out of this country, along with the entire textile industry, the shipbuilding industry, the light bulb industry, and the TV industry.

Despicable Corporate greed drove jobs out of this country. Why pay an American a decent livable wage when you can pay a third world slave to do it? I mean, God forbid an American wants to make a decent wage so they can take care of themselves and their families. How dare they? Who do they think they are?

The Republican Party will struggle to win National Elections for the foreseeable future. It's just not seen as a Party that fights for the little guy workin man. It's actually seen as the Party that's hostile to average American Workers and licks Corporate Boots at every turn.

Too many of my Republican friends have succumbed to Corporate propaganda. They're just too quick to condemn Workers and defend greedy Corporations. That mentality will cost them in National Elections.

$$$.

So what you're saying is that the difference between a foreign worker making fifty cents an hour and the equivalent American union worker making $25 an hour is all taxes?

You're going to have to show me the numbers on that before I believe it.

B. You have no friends.

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that's their right. About time Workers catch a break. I'm happy for em.

How does prohibiting workers not worth $15 an hour from working help any of them?

As a former restaurant owner, I can think of two employees who ever worked for me in that business I would not have fired and hired better employees to replace them if I had to pay that wage

'Former' restaurant owner being the key. That was then, this is now. Times change. You can't or won't pay Workers? Don't open a business. It's your call. It is what it is.

I paid workers what we agreed to as free people. That you believe it's up to government to override that is frankly sick.

You may want to learn about the power of free markets and why it's a bad idea to circumvent them

You need those people stuffing crap into bags. Most Americans are way too fat and lazy to do it themselves. It's Supply & Demand. Low skilled workers wanna get paid too. Nothing wrong with that.

If they want more money then they should make themselves more valuable to their employer

The reason they get paid MW is because any moron off the street can do what they do
What do you do? I'm OK with people making minimum as long as its a fair wage. Can't trust owners so the gov decides that number.
Define fair

I've asked you guys for a long time to put a number on what you think is a decent livable wage for average American Workers in today's America. You guys always duck & run. What do you think an average American can survive on today? Take a shot, throw a number out there.
And I've told you that it's up to you to earn what you need to pay your bills. If your no skill job isn't paying you enough then you can get a second job or learn a skill that will warrant higher pay
Cutting spending would work too.

Four restaurants closing makes it easier for the other eateries to establish working prices that lead to a profit.

Yes ... because EVERYONE loves going to a ultra crowded, overly priced restaurant.
You need to cut Fakey some slack, dude. He just isn't all that bright.
You don't know much about restaurants. People flock to ultra crowed overly priced restaurants. They get ultra crowed because they get reputations for having above average food worth the extra money. The best advertisement a restaurant can get is to have a line waiting to get in. If you are not willing to pay the higher price for the service and food, go to the restaurant that is only partially full. The one with the fewest customers will almost always have the blandest least appetizing menu and food.
Perhaps who are referring to when the McDonald's is crowded so you go the the less crowed Burger King. That makes sense.

I could bet that demanding livable wage include requirements to eat in such restaurants at least twice a week.

Its the lower end ones that will be hurt----you know, the ones that poor and middle class go to.

First of all red. Why are poor people (the 47% you all say are living off the government) spending that money on a restaurant meal when they could have fed themselves for a weeks (rice and beans) on the money they spent in a restaurant?

You know how you hate it when the poor people spend YOUR money.wastefully.

SO why are you supporting that on here at this time? When in a few posts you will be crying about how those poor people are wasting the money you gave them by eating out at restaurants.

See why your kind is known as "hypocrites" ? You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Come on Zeke, you know very well that welfare and food stamps are meant to get you an iPhone, Air Jordan and Xbox. Only after, you suppose to cry you have no money for food.

Yo, zeke

if $15/hr is good why isn't $50 even better? Why not have the government guarantee every citizen an income of 100K per year no matter what job they do, or even if they don't have a job? Everyone gets 100k, no more, no less.

This is the ridiculous end to your libtardian thinking process. Now, would you vote for that?

$50 sounds good. $100 sounds much better. :D

$$$.

So what you're saying is that the difference between a foreign worker making fifty cents an hour and the equivalent American union worker making $25 an hour is all taxes?

You're going to have to show me the numbers on that before I believe it.

Good luck. He or she is all-in on Corporate Propaganda. They actually believe American Workers making good money is a 'Bad Thing.' Pretty warped thinking, huh? But that's how deep he or she is into the Corporate Propaganda. It's sad.

Define fair

Ah, that's a dodge. Just try and put a number on what an average American needs to make to survive in today's America. I'll make it easier for ya. I'll throw out a few numbers. I'll go with $11 - $15 an hr.

It's not a dodge because there is no one answer.

And if people need 600 a week gross as you say then they are free to earn that much. Where is it written that only one job is all people should ever need to pay their bills?

I paid workers what we agreed to as free people. That you believe it's up to government to override that is frankly sick.

You may want to learn about the power of free markets and why it's a bad idea to circumvent them

Washington state and local Government made the call. They'll now pay their workers a little more. Life will go on. Seriously, it will.

Forum List

Back