Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

if $15/hr is good why isn't $50 even better?

Why don't you act like you have some fucking common sense?

so rather than answer the question, you hurl an insult, typical libtardian.

You leftists want to limit upper incomes and raise lower incomes, I gave you a way to do both. Make us all EQUAL, make everything FAIR. Isn't that the goal of liberalism?

I don't care what poor people spend their money on. Its their money

You are full of shit. YOUR kind bitches all the time about welfare money being spent on bars and strip clubs. Your kind claims 47% of Americans are living off the government and you all are pissed about it.The government took YOUR money and gave it to the poor and you hate that. But now it's ok where they spend their money. Cause it has now become "their" money to spend.

Don't even fucking try that: I don;'t care where they (the poor) spend my money bull shit. You be lying and you know it.

so rather than answer the question, you hurl an insult, typical libtardian

You dumb shit. Why would I try and answer some sort of ridiculous supposed question? Your kind tries that stupid shit all the time.

If 15 is so good how about 500. Or 50000. Or just pick some stupid fucking number that has nothing to do with reality and pretend you are making some sort of sound,. logical point.

That's how pitiful you are when it comes to this shit. You got nothing.

I don't care what poor people spend their money on. Its their money

You are full of shit. YOUR kind bitches all the time about welfare money being spent on bars and strip clubs. Your kind claims 47% of Americans are living off the government and you all are pissed about it.The government took YOUR money and gave it to the poor and you hate that. But now it's ok where they spend their money. Cause it has now become "their" money to spend.

Don't even fucking try that: I don;'t care where they (the poor) spend my money bull shit. You be lying and you know it.

its not good for our society when 47% of the population is living off of government handouts. We are 18 trillion in debt and it will be over 20 trillion when obozo finally leaves office.

Its not animosity towards the poor, I want everyone to do well in this country. I want everyone to have a job and be able to pay his/her bills. Raising the MW will not accomplish that, it will put more on the govt dole.

I pay a lot in federal income taxes, and yes, I get pissed when I see it being wasted-------on stupid wars, on corruption, on foreign "aid", on bribes, and given to people to spend on crack, pot, and Ho's.

so rather than answer the question, you hurl an insult, typical libtardian

You dumb shit. Why would I try and answer some sort of ridiculous supposed question? Your kind tries that stupid shit all the time.

If 15 is so good how about 500. Or 50000. Or just pick some stupid fucking number that has nothing to do with reality and pretend you are making some sort of sound,. logical point.

That's how pitiful you are when it comes to this shit. You got nothing.

your left wing anger is showing, you lefties always resort to screeching and insults when you are defeated by the truth.

If you can't afford to pay you staff a living wage then you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

If we create tons of jobs, but they all pay a buck an hour, that doesn't help anyone but the capitalists who get rich paying jack-shit to their employees.

You still haven't explained your "liberal" view that people not worth a "living wage" should be prevented by government from working. That's in who's interest exactly?

Again, you just show my point you are not a liberal, I am. I don't think what people are paid by their employers as long as it's a free agreement both ways is my business. You are an authoritarian leftist who freely makes other people's decision for them.

But it isn't the government's purpose to dictate wages for private companies.
Governments been doing that for quite some time. Why don't the Republicans in Congress (you all do control Congress you know) eliminate the MW. Right now why don't they do that?

So you don't eat out, you don't own restaurants but you want to bitch about an issue that was taken up by the voters and passed.

Why don't you respect Democracy and the voters of this part of the country?
How childish. You say raise the minimum wage and when someone objects and explains why you ask why they're bitching about it. That's what kids do. They try to always turn the argument back on you like you're the problem. If they don't get their way they start crying about it.

I'm a conservative and I'm not responsible for what the GOP does or doesn't do. I'd love for enough of them to be conservatives and do away with any federal wage control. Then in each state. Then you can choose if you're willing to work for it.

I don't live in Seattle and don't have a vote there and many idiotic laws are passed by the initiative process by idiots that are easily swayed by sloganeering. The may be democratic but this is a republic. The fact that you are confused about the fundamentals of our government is a case in point.

But it isn't the government's purpose to dictate wages for private companies.

Governments been doing that for quite some time. Why don't the Republicans in Congress (you all do control Congress you know) eliminate the MW. Right now why don't they do that?

Because they're just as corrupt and useless as the Democrats.

Why don't you respect Democracy and the voters of this part of the country?

The same reason we wouldn't respect Democracy and voters anywhere that violate reasonable limits on government power. Do you get that? Limits on government are limits on Democracy. There's only so much the majority can force on the minority by voting.

Last edited:
The same reason we wouldn't respect Democracy and voters anywhere that violate reasonable limits on government power. Do you get that?

No I don't :"get" wtf you are talking about.

This issue was put on the ballot legally and passed. It doesn't effect you. In other words, it is none of yours, mine or anyone else s business what these people decide to do. That why we live in a "free" country. You don't like that? Move.

The fact you think you have some sort of "right" to dictate what happens makes you some sort of weird control freak..

The same reason we wouldn't respect Democracy and voters anywhere that violate reasonable limits on government power. Do you get that?

Then let's talk about that. Because, in order to maintain sustainable democracy, it's really, really important.

This issue was put on the ballot legally and passed. It doesn't effect you. In other words, it is none of yours, mine or anyone else s business what these people decide to do. That why we live in a "free" country. You don't like that? Move.

The fact you think you have some sort of "right" to dictate what happens makes you some sort of weird control freak..

Not at all. It's the basic concept of equal protection. It's the reason we wouldn't allow the South to re-institute slavery, regardless of who voted for it.

The thing is, unlimited majority rule isn't viable. It turns the social contract into a suicide pact and makes every vote, potentially, a civil war. If we're going to grant the majority the power to rule, we have to maintain reasonable limits on what they can do with that power. Otherwise every election could mean life or death for the losers.

You are so twisted. Government telling employers what they have to pay and employees what they are allowed to work for makes it a "free country" to you, and saying government shouldn't do that is to "dictate what happens"

This is why you think you are a liberal when you are an authoritarian leftist, you live in bizarro world

Oh stop. Businesses lobby Government for breaks and $$ everyday. Both large and small businesses. Most of my Republican friends don't have a problem with businesses going to Government for handouts. They only have a problem when Government intervenes on behalf of struggling workers. It's the ultimate greed & hypocrisy.
You're a liar. You said "Y'all just love Big Government intervention in business if you think it will benefit you."

And what kind of friend would trash people he knows on the internet. That's not what friends do so I believe you're lying about that as well.

Are you denying American Businesses lobby Government for breaks and $$ all the time?

Not at all. Corrupt corporations thrive on their ability to control their markets via government. That's what minimum wage is really all about. Large corporations, with the power to manipulate public policy, love the regulatory state. It let's them raise the barriers to entry, keeping them firmly in control. Power serves those in power.

It's not just large Corporations who lobby Government for breaks and $$. Thousands of businesses all across the country do it. They're fine with Government intervention, as long as it benefits them.

But oh man, when it comes to struggling workers, they're all about that 'Government shouldn't be involved!!" Personally, i'm happy for workers. They don't get breaks very often. They don't have the cash to pay off Politicians.

I've asked that question a thousand times here. What is a decent livable wage in America today? I've asked people to put a number on it. Most decline and run as far away from the question as fast as possible. So i'll ask you too. What do you think is a decent livable wage for average Americans? Put a number out there.

You need to explain first what "livable wage" is.

No i don't. I'm asking you personally to put a number out there. What do you think is a decent livable wage for an American Worker today?

It is whatever the worker and employer agree on. No one is forced to work for less than he thinks he is worth.

Everyone is forced to work for less than he or she thinks they're worth.

Wrong. I work for less than I WANT, but the wage I get paid is quite fair and appropriate for the job I do, relative to the cost of living in my city.

Cool. But that's not the case for most.

Ah, gives me a headache. Celebrating American Workers making less than counterparts made 30-40 years ago? WTF?? Seriously, sometimes i get very ashamed of my Republican friends.

Don't get too comfortable with the idea that any of us are your friends, Chuckles. Most of us have standards. And I feel safe in saying none of us really gives a rat's ass for your approval or disapproval.

I didn't say you were my friend. You're not. And i don't give a rat's ass that you don't give a rat's ass. Capisce.

Ha, businesses love Big Government just fine when it's giving em Tax Breaks & $$.

What you're not getting is that they also love it when government dictates our economic decisions because they know they can control it.

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.
You said that already. If you can't address the points I'm raising, please don't quote my posts.

I did address it. You're just fine with Big Government interference in business if it benefits you. Otherwise, you're all "Government should stay out of it!!" Such high & mighty hypocrisy. Shame on ya.

Actually, I'm neutral on the subject of my city and county actively trying to convince businesses to move here. They can or not, as they choose. But yes, I think IF they are going to do so, it's completely appropriate for the businesses to negotiate for tax incentives in exchange for what the city/county wants. I also think business owners have the same right to petition government as every other citizen does. There's no equivalency between that and government high-handedly dealing itself into business decisions.

You don't get to have it both ways. You beg for handouts, you have to accept Government being involved. Period, end of story.

Because of the Un-American practice of Outsourcing and hateful greedy Americans, those workers are now making less $$ than their counterparts made 30-40 years ago.

Congratulations guys! You did it! American Workers are now broke and need Welfare Entitlements just to survive. A resounding success. Thank you. :cuckoo:

exactly how is assembling foreign cars in the USA outsourcing? and you are totally full of shit claiming that they make less than UAW workers made 30-40 years ago. that is one of your most stupid claims ever.

I've seen this before. Don't expect any change.

the guy calls himself paulitician, but he is a raving liberal. But liberal lying has been documented many times already.

I am 'Liberal' on some issues. But so what? Not everything Liberal is 'Bad.' Doing what's right is far more important than being obsessed with adhering to a rigid inflexible Political Ideology.

If there is any occasion in which you think the government should micro-manage economic issues, you need to hand in your Ron Paul Fan Club membership card, because you're a hypocrite.

I don't agree with Dr. Paul on everything.

What you're not getting is that they also love it when government dictates our economic decisions because they know they can control it.

Most Republicans i know, have no problem with businesses lobbying Government for handouts. So they like Big Government interference just fine. But only if it benefits them. When it comes to Workers wanting a piece of the pie, they're all about "Government should stay out of it!!"

Seriously, i really am ashamed of my Republican friends on issues like this. Their greed and hypocrisy is pretty embarrassing.
You said that already. If you can't address the points I'm raising, please don't quote my posts.

I did address it. You're just fine with Big Government interference in business if it benefits you. Otherwise, you're all "Government should stay out of it!!" Such high & mighty hypocrisy. Shame on ya.

Actually, I'm neutral on the subject of my city and county actively trying to convince businesses to move here. They can or not, as they choose. But yes, I think IF they are going to do so, it's completely appropriate for the businesses to negotiate for tax incentives in exchange for what the city/county wants. I also think business owners have the same right to petition government as every other citizen does. There's no equivalency between that and government high-handedly dealing itself into business decisions.

You don't get to have it both ways. You beg for handouts, you have to accept Government being involved. Period, end of story.
Or insist such a dead end game cease for all.

A. You don't know any Republicans.
B. You have no friends.

Oh i know plenty. That's why i know how many of you think. Y'all just love Big Government intervention in business if you think it will benefit you. But God forbid the struggling worker catches a break every now & then.

Anyway, the thread is B.S. Businesses are not closing all over Seattle due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanker 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. They'll deal with it and pay their workers a little more. Life will go on.
So you hate big government yet you want the government to tell businesses what to pay people

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that is their right. About time Workers caught a break. I'm happy for em. All States should consider similar actions.

Last edited:

A. You don't know any Republicans.
B. You have no friends.

Oh i know plenty. That's why i know how many of you think. Y'all just love Big Government intervention in business if you think it will benefit you. But God forbid the struggling worker catches a break every now & then.

Anyway, the thread is B.S. Businesses are not closing all over Seattle due to higher wages. That's just greedy wanker 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. They'll deal with it and pay their workers a little more. Life will go on.
So you hate big government yet you want the government to tell businesses what to pay people

In this particular case, i'm ok with some Big Government. Businesses get plenty of handouts from Government. Washington's state and local Government decided to help Workers out this time. And that's their right. About time Workers catch a break. I'm happy for em.

You happy for all the workers becoming unemployed too?

How does prohibiting workers not worth $15 an hour from working help any of them?

As a former restaurant owner, I can think of two employees who ever worked for me in that business I would not have fired and hired better employees to replace them if I had to pay that wage

Forum List

Back