Breaking: North Charleston cop about to go free!!!

Not at all. The man had no weapon, was fleeing with his back turned to the officer. Even if he had the taser (which he obviously didn't) it was no threat to the officer as both cartridges had been expended. The taser would have to be pressed against the officer to be used.

And the suspect was 20 feet away, without a taser, facing away from the officer.

There's no 'reasonable fear for one's life' argument to be had. Which was why the officer was fired. And why he was charged with murder.

Slager thought he still had it. Which is what the jury must consider. Not hindsight.

Genuinely irrelevant. Lets say that Scott did have it. He obviously didn't, but lets say. Both cartriges had been expended. Slager knew this. The only way that the man could have threatened Slager in any way was to push the taser against Slager's body directly. Slager knew this too.

Both are which are physically impossible when Slager began firing. Scott was 20 feet away, running away, and facing away from Slager. There's no credible argument that Slager feared for his life in that scenario.

You're right. From that distance...he wasn't a threat to Slager. If it were you or me...absolutely no right to shoot. But...as a sworn officer...Slager has a right to continue that arrest...which Graham v. Connor and Tennessee v. Garner says can be accomplished via deadly force if the suspect is armed.

So you admit that there was no threat to Slager and Slager knew there was no threat to Slager.

Excellent .
Plumoff v. Rickard SCOTUS 2014 reaffirms officers judgements can't be judged in hindsight, but rather heat of the moment, AND this ruling states cops can use deadly force on a fleeing suspect IF other officers "on foot in the area" may be in danger....and Slager knew Habersham was on the way and Scott had already fought him and took his taser.

First, you're making up a narrative for Slager that Slager never offered. Slager never makes such an argument in any incident report. There's no mention of it in dispatch recording. There's no mention of it any police report. Slager cited his OWN fear of being attacked by the suspect.

A fear you've already conceded was unfounded and unjust.

Second, Plumoff was about a driver of a car that tried to hit a police officer as part of a high speed car chase. This wasn't a high speed car chase. This was a man on foot. An unarmed man who had AT MOST an empty taser. And in reality, not even that.

To equate an empty taser with a speeding car fails the 'totality of the circumstances from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene" test used in Plumoff.

Making your argument double crap.

The fact that Slager went and planted the taser beside Scott's body after killing him demonstrated that Slager knew he'd fucked up. Slager was fired on the spot once these facts were known. Nixing any 'but its standard police procedure to plant the taser beside the unarmed guy you just shot in the back' bullshit.

Its not standard police procedure. His boss saw what slager had done and was appalled. Slager was immediately fired and then rightly charged with murder.
You didn't answer my question. Are you negroid in appearance? I'm tired of the 'Special Needs' negros running their mouths defending the illegal actions of every negro solely based on their skin color.
Whatever color you are you're a nothing more than a troll. And that means you're boring and that means you're on permanent PI.

Run along StormFront. The adults are talking. And you have a sheet you need to put on.

Not at all. The man had no weapon, was fleeing with his back turned to the officer. Even if he had the taser (which he obviously didn't) it was no threat to the officer as both cartridges had been expended. The taser would have to be pressed against the officer to be used.

And the suspect was 20 feet away, without a taser, facing away from the officer.

There's no 'reasonable fear for one's life' argument to be had. Which was why the officer was fired. And why he was charged with murder.

Slager thought he still had it. Which is what the jury must consider. Not hindsight.

Genuinely irrelevant. Lets say that Scott did have it. He obviously didn't, but lets say. Both cartriges had been expended. Slager knew this. The only way that the man could have threatened Slager in any way was to push the taser against Slager's body directly. Slager knew this too.

Both are which are physically impossible when Slager began firing. Scott was 20 feet away, running away, and facing away from Slager. There's no credible argument that Slager feared for his life in that scenario.

You're right. From that distance...he wasn't a threat to Slager. If it were you or me...absolutely no right to shoot. But...as a sworn officer...Slager has a right to continue that arrest...which Graham v. Connor and Tennessee v. Garner says can be accomplished via deadly force if the suspect is armed.

So you admit that there was no threat to Slager and Slager knew there was no threat to Slager.

Excellent .
Plumoff v. Rickard SCOTUS 2014 reaffirms officers judgements can't be judged in hindsight, but rather heat of the moment, AND this ruling states cops can use deadly force on a fleeing suspect IF other officers "on foot in the area" may be in danger....and Slager knew Habersham was on the way and Scott had already fought him and took his taser.

First, you're making up a narrative for Slager that Slager never offered. Slager never makes such an argument in any incident report. There's no mention of it in dispatch recording. There's no mention of it any police report. Slager cited his OWN fear of being attacked by the suspect.

Second, Plumoff was about a driver of a car that tried to hit a police officer as part of a high speed car chase. This wasn't a high speed car chase. This was a man on foot. An unarmed man who had AT MOST an empty taser. And in reality, not even that.

To equate an empty taser with a speeding car fails the 'totality of the circumstances from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene" test used in Plumoff.

The fact that Slager went and planted the taser beside Scott's body after killing him demonstrated that Slager knew he'd fucked up. Slager was fired on the spot once these facts were known. Nixing any 'but its standard police procedure to plant the taser beside the unarmed guy you just shot in the back' bullshit.

Its not standard police procedure. His boss saw what slager had done and was appalled. Slager was immediately fired and then rightly charged with murder.
You didn't answer my question. Are you negroid in appearance? I'm tired of the 'Special Needs' negros running their mouths defending the illegal actions of every negro solely based on their skin color.
Whatever color you are you're a nothing more than a troll. And that means you're boring and that means you're on permanent PI.
Fuck you and your question you drunk Irish racist bastard.

Excellent .

Run along StormFront. The adults are talking. And you have a sheet you need to put on.

I got this Skylar, let me handle dannyboy's distractions...you just keep kicking buc90s dumb ass! :lol:

GLOCK Police and Law Enforcement Firearms | Police Pistols | GLOCK USA
Virtually impossible to get a useable print of a standard police issue Glock.
No problem getting DNA off one though.......like the Defence team has from Scott.

Go eat a potato you dumb shit. We aren't talking about GLOCKS we are talking about Tasers...too bad you don't know the difference., idiot!

Actually...we were talking Glocks. I said due to the rough grip on a taser...it would be very difficult to even hope for a print from it. And then said I bet they couldn't even get Slager's prints off his own Glock...although he obviously held it. Due to the rough textured grip.

So please...at least know the full topic before contaminating my thread with liberal vomit. Mmmkay now bye bye now!

GLOCK Police and Law Enforcement Firearms | Police Pistols | GLOCK USA
Virtually impossible to get a useable print of a standard police issue Glock.
No problem getting DNA off one though.......like the Defence team has from Scott.

Go eat a potato you dumb shit. We aren't talking about GLOCKS we are talking about Tasers...too bad you don't know the difference., idiot!

Actually...we were talking Glocks. I said due to the rough grip on a taser...it would be very difficult to even hope for a print from it. And then said I bet they couldn't even get Slager's prints off his own Glock...although he obviously held it. Due to the rough textured grip.

So please...at least know the full topic before contaminating my thread with liberal vomit. Mmmkay now bye bye now!
Why the hell are you talking abut Glocks when Scott was accused of having gotten control of Slager's Taser. He didn't touch Slager's pistol.
You can't even stay on topic in your own op. At least I am doing that.

Furhtermore, by supporting dannyboy, you have left no doubt as to what kind of biggut you are. Birds f a feather flock together...shame on you!

Excellent .

You better hurry! Costco is having a sale on bananas.

Excellent .

Too late! The Poor white folks have bought them all up and are now propped in front of their aging computers chomping away! Like you, they are keenly aware when bananas are on sale.

Excellent .

Too late! The Poor white folks have bought them all up and are now propped in front of their aging computers chomping away! Like you, they are keenly aware when bananas are on sale.
At least the White folks paid for their bananas with money they earned b/c they were intelligent enough to learn how to read and write then get decent jobs.
But I have to admit, having been in some of Chicago's worst inner city shit holes populated by pretty much 100% negroes I can not recall ever seeing a negro eating a banana. Seen hundreds of thousands of negroes stuffing their faces with hamburgers though. Washed down with 'Double Double Big Gulps' of fizzy water with sugar in it.
'AAAAHHH. The Food of Champions!'

Excellent .

At least the White folks paid for their bananas with money they earned b/c they were intelligent enough to learn how to read and write then get decent jobs.
But I have to admit, having been in some of Chicago's worst inner city shit holes populated by pretty much 100% negroes I can not recall ever seeing a negro eating a banana. Seen hundreds of thousands of negroes stuffing their faces with hamburgers though. Washed down with 'Double Double Big Gulps' of fizzy water with sugar in it.

So, you admit, the banana is a staple among you trailer park denizens.
BTW, intelligence is as foreign to you and the rest of the poor pink trash
as work and good citizenship is. You pink savages sit around all day under rebel flags singing dixie and greasing your singe shot rifles with pig fat while waiting for the welfare checks to come. Occasionally, from the maw behind your toothless grin can be heard the piteous incantation :"thuh souff shall rissssse agin!

Excellent .

Yeah the black person / banana thing is horseshit. Never seen it either. Kinda like the cop/donut thing. Pretty rare too actually see.

Defense court documents: Walter Scott had drugs in system before pointing Taser at police officer

Take this how you may. The North Charleston ex cop is about to get bonded out.

After a 3 month investigation by SC attorney Andy Savage...renowned as one of the best in the entire South....he has new evidence that SLED intestigators missed or ignored in a rush to file charges.

He had an expert video analyst breakdown the tape...AND retrieve footage which wasn't shown publicly. Got DNA testing done. CBS NEWS interviewed Savage. He said the following will be made public after the bond and for trial...and that he has unquestioned proof:

The new facts-

Walter Scott had cocaine and alcohol in his system...driving in the morning hours.
Scott was on top of Slager at some point in the fight
The fight lasted much longer than portrayed
Scott's DNA was on the taser.
Scott wrestled the taser away from Slager, stood and pointed it at him
Facing his own taser...Slager drew his firearm as trained and initiated stopping the threat
Scott turned to flee and slung the taser away
Slager...looking through his pistol sights...never saw the taser be thrown and thought he was aiming at an armed Scott

Folks....ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE the prosecutor gets a murder conviction.
Folks.....ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE she gives him a plea deal. She'll be crucified in the media and made public enemy #1
Folks......ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE he'll be convicted of murder...and will go free.

Take it for what it is.

None of that matters. The cop shot him in the back as he ran away. At the point the cop shot him his life was in no way endangered.
Still murder.

The video says it all. Scott was running away before Slager drew and fired . . . eight times. He is going to prison. Graham vs. Connor is not an absolute blanket of immunity to kill an unarmed man running away with his back to the officer.

Dropping the tazer net to the lifeless body is clearly a suspcious movement by the officer, as if he has something to hide. He is making it appear that Scott was running with the Tazer. He knew Scott did not have the Tazer.

I understand bad cops convicted of bad crimes in South Carolina go into the general population at prison.

Untrue.
True, as they should.

The video says it all. Scott was running away before Slager drew and fired . . . eight times. He is going to prison. Graham vs. Connor is not an absolute blanket of immunity to kill an unarmed man running away with his back to the officer.

Dropping the tazer net to the lifeless body is clearly a suspcious movement by the officer, as if he has something to hide. He is making it appear that Scott was running with the Tazer. He knew Scott did not have the Tazer.

I understand bad cops convicted of bad crimes in South Carolina go into the general population at prison.

Untrue.
True, as they should.

Not true. It's a guaranteed assault waiting to happen. When it happens...the family of the cop sues for "failure to protect" in a civil suit where the corrections facility "knew or should've known this inmate would be particularly targeted". The millions they'd lose isn't worth the hassle of isolation. Cops dont go to general.

Defense court documents: Walter Scott had drugs in system before pointing Taser at police officer

After a 3 month investigation by SC attorney Andy Savage...renowned as one of the best in the entire South....he has new evidence that SLED intestigators missed or ignored in a rush to file charges.

He had an expert video analyst breakdown the tape...AND retrieve footage which wasn't shown publicly. Got DNA testing done. CBS NEWS interviewed Savage. He said the following will be made public after the bond and for trial...and that he has unquestioned proof:

The new facts-

Walter Scott had cocaine and alcohol in his system...driving in the morning hours.
Facing his own taser...Slager drew his firearm as trained and initiated stopping the threat
Slager...looking through his pistol sights...never saw the taser be thrown and thought he was aiming at an armed Scott

Folks.....ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE she gives him a plea deal. She'll be crucified in the media and made public enemy #1
Folks......ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE he'll be convicted of murder...and will go free.

Take it for what it is.

None of that matters. The cop shot him in the back as he ran away. At the point the cop shot him his life was in no way endangered.
Still murder.

You're right. He was at a safe distance. That's why he didnt chase him. Because you don't FIGHT a suspect who is armed...you use a gun. Slager...unlike you or I....still had a legal right to stop Scott and make the detention. And if the suspect is armed and threatened the cop with a weapon....Graham v. Connor says he can use deadly force to stop him. From a distance. Because chasing him and fighting him....would put Slager BACK into danger.

See how that works? Thats why he's never gonna be found guilty.

The new facts-

Take it for what it is.

Still murder.

You're right. He was at a safe distance. That's why he didnt chase him. Because you don't FIGHT a suspect who is armed...you use a gun. Slager...unlike you or I....still had a legal right to stop Scott and make the detention. And if the suspect is armed and threatened the cop with a weapon....Graham v. Connor says he can use deadly force to stop him. From a distance. Because chasing him and fighting him....would put Slager BACK into danger.

You coulda saved all that and just said he wont be found guilty because the courts are on their side

The new facts-

Take it for what it is.

Still murder.

You coulda saved all that and just said he wont be found guilty because the courts are on their side

The courts are made of bricks and concrete and wood and wires. "The courts" aren't alive.

However...these courts are filled with jurors. And elected reps. All are made up of citizens.

So....are most citizens on the cops side? Apparently so. Good.

The new facts-

Take it for what it is.

Still murder.

You're more than happy to defend police murder aren't you.
There is no evidence whatsoever that Scott was "armed" or attacked the officer. None. The officer did not need to shoot to kill. He could have shot him in the ass or thigh and then simply cuffed him. But then again, dead men tell no tales.

Forum List

Back