[breaking] North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il, 69, Has Died

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.

You know Shallow, I don't think one in fifty things you post is true, but this I believe - you are absolutely a thug. Pol Pot proved that the Khmer Rouge was based on majority decisions - which included slaughtering the minority. You leftist are such fun people, particularly sociopath like you who are devoid of so much as a shred of integrity...

"The protection provided by this principle applies fundamentally, of course, in favor of a minority of one: The Individual. No majority, however great even all of the people but one Individual--may properly infringe, or possess the power to infringe, the rights of any minority, however small--even a minority of a lone Individual." - Thomas Jefferson

The difference there is that the government has no right FORCING a product on an individual...

Please show me where republicans have ever legislated a law which forces an individual to do anything...

Hmmmm.....very interesting

And Prop 8 is not FORCING religious views on American citizens?

Absolutely NOT......

Marriage is a choice, not to mention all sorts of people from all sorts of faiths get married or choose not to get married.

Besides, in the US marriage from a government perspective has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion and everything to do with contract, which is why I find some gays to by whiny little fools... Considering marriage is a contract what is preventing gay couples from manifesting their own civil contract??? - there is nothing that says one dude cant make another dude his beneficiary or grant him executive authority....

In reality gays just want to be accepted by society er they want to FORCE individuals to accept them - and of course progressive fucks are all about forcing people to do shit...

Wow.....you almost have it

Marriage IS a choice. And who are you to insist that the government recognize your personal opinions on who may and who may not get married

If marriage is simply a contract between two people, then the 14 amendment requires that it be applied equally to all people

Nobody is FORCING you to accept anyone. You are still free to hate anyone you wish

Sorry to interrupt the swordfight, but just wanted to let everyone know that Kim Jong-Il is, in fact, still dead.

Carry on.

What? It's not to protect the "rights" of the landed gentry?

Alrighty..go for it.

Why do we have the electoral college? This should be good.

To give less populous states a voice in government. Oddly enough, some of the colonies didn't see an advantage to being ruled sans voice by Philadelphia over being ruled by England.

Since you favor dictatorship, this is not a concern for you, but to those that support liberty, the EC is vital to giving voice to all citizens, not just those in the urban population centers.

Dictatorships generally involved the rule of the minority over the majority.

Get that straight. Dumbfuck. I can call you dumbfuck, can't I?

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.

You know Shallow, I don't think one in fifty things you post is true, but this I believe - you are absolutely a thug. Pol Pot proved that the Khmer Rouge was based on majority decisions - which included slaughtering the minority. You leftist are such fun people, particularly sociopath like you who are devoid of so much as a shred of integrity...

"The protection provided by this principle applies fundamentally, of course, in favor of a minority of one: The Individual. No majority, however great even all of the people but one Individual--may properly infringe, or possess the power to infringe, the rights of any minority, however small--even a minority of a lone Individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Pol Pot was a Nixon creation.

You should be proud, dude.

Dictatorship involves the rule of man rather than the rule of law, you know, basically what you advocate here.

You can call me whatever you want, but it won't alter the evidence that you are a stupidfuck...

What? It's not to protect the "rights" of the landed gentry?

Alrighty..go for it.

Why do we have the electoral college? This should be good.

To give less populous states a voice in government. Oddly enough, some of the colonies didn't see an advantage to being ruled sans voice by Philadelphia over being ruled by England.

Since you favor dictatorship, this is not a concern for you, but to those that support liberty, the EC is vital to giving voice to all citizens, not just those in the urban population centers.

Only looking in the mirror. You might want to brush up on your understanding of what a Dictatorship is too. Unbelievable Sallow.

Hmmmm.....very interesting

And Prop 8 is not FORCING religious views on American citizens?

Absolutely NOT......

Marriage is a choice, not to mention all sorts of people from all sorts of faiths get married or choose not to get married.

Besides, in the US marriage from a government perspective has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion and everything to do with contract, which is why I find some gays to by whiny little fools... Considering marriage is a contract what is preventing gay couples from manifesting their own civil contract??? - there is nothing that says one dude cant make another dude his beneficiary or grant him executive authority....

In reality gays just want to be accepted by society er they want to FORCE individuals to accept them - and of course progressive fucks are all about forcing people to do shit...

Marriage IS a choice. And who are you to insist that the government recognize your personal opinions on who may and who may not get married

If marriage is simply a contract between two people, then the 14 amendment requires that it be applied equally to all people

Nobody is FORCING you to accept anyone. You are still free to hate anyone you wish

Fail. There are and always have been Socially Accepted Norms. Rules generally are based on those Norms. Just admit you are trying to change the Norms. Why deny it, if you want honest response. State your platform, make your case and go from there. To state, claim, or imply that your position Is the Norm, is Disingenuous. You condemn the beliefs, actions, and positions of Billions of People throughout History, and try to guilt trip those whom have different morals and values than you. You have every right to your values and beliefs, just as we do. Rather than persuade through argument, you act as if you have the moral high ground. You don't. You want everything your way without convincing argument, you want tolerance, yet you show little or none, yourself. Marriage has rules in our society, even between Man and Woman, that includes Age Restrictions, Incest, Bigamy. The 14th Amendment had nothing to do with Gay Marriage. That is a false argument. Hold Your Breath, count to 10. Now try to be more original. Try to make your point without further offending those you are trying to win over.

Absolutely NOT......

Fail. There are and always have been Socially Accepted Norms. Rules generally are based on those Norms. Just admit you are trying to change the Norms. Why deny it, if you want honest response. State your platform, make your case and go from there. To state, claim, or imply that your position Is the Norm, is Disingenuous. You condemn the beliefs, actions, and positions of Billions of People throughout History, and try to guilt trip those whom have different morals and values than you. You have every right to your values and beliefs, just as we do. Rather than persuade through argument, you act as if you have the moral high ground. You don't. You want everything your way without convincing argument, you want tolerance, yet you show little or none, yourself. Marriage has rules in our society, even between Man and Woman, that includes Age Restrictions, Incest, Bigamy. The 14th Amendment had nothing to do with Gay Marriage. That is a false argument. Hold Your Breath, count to 10. Now try to be more original. Try to make your point without further offending those you are trying to win over.

Yes, norms relating to marriage do change

Fathers can no longer give away their daughters
Marriage is no longer till death do you part
Black people and white people can get married

The government must, by law, apply laws equally to all citizens. Other than personal biases against gays, there is no public interest in preventing people of the same sex from marrying

Personal abhorrence to homosexuality, or religious intolerance are no reason for the government not to acknowledge gay marriage

Yes..and 3/5 of a person was in the constitution at one time. Electoral College is there to protect the "Landed Gentry".

It's an old notion that you conservatives hold near and dear to your hearts. Some people are just "worth" more then others.
...And you feel that way. You want the votes of metropolitan areas to have more weight than rural areas.

Trash Can Tickets In Queens

Does it look like you morons know what the hell you're doing? Hint: No.

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.
And if Bush had won the popular vote but Gore had won the EC, you'd be saying everything was just dandy the way it was.

Gore lost. Get over it.

Are you? The electoral college should have went the way of slavery and the 3/4 person rule. It's meant to keep the "landed gentry" in power.

It's antiquated..

We can do away with elections and just have California and New York decide.

After all, without the Electoral College, that is the reality, California and New York decide ALL presidential elections.
That's as it should be. Liberals know what's best for everybody anyway.

Right, Sallow?

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.

Pol Pot was a Nixon creation.

You should be proud, dude.
Leftist hero Chomsky passionately defended Pol Pot.

You should be proud, Comrade.

By all accounts, Elians dad was a loving father. It was American conservatives who attempted to keep his son from him because of political ideology

A sad day for the American right wing

By all accounts, Elain's mother died getting him to American where he could be free of that Communist Cocksucker Fidel who liked to jerk his cock off while watching his political opponents get tortured. Like many American Leftists, Elain's father was a braindead Marxist tool.

By all accounts, Elians mother ran off with someone else and stole her son from the father. Conservative Americas attempt to prevent a young child from reuniting with his father was despicable

She wanted her child to grow up in a free country, we applaud that.

And if you Progressive are ever able to succeed into turning American into some Cuban North Korean Marxist Mecca you stupid fucks will be the first ones rounded up and executed because the new Dictator will know 2 things: you betrayed your country once and will likely do it again given the chance and accordingly you're too just stupid to allow to live.

Reagan would have sent Fidel a Cruise missile labeled Elian.

Forum List

Back