[breaking] North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il, 69, Has Died

Yes, norms relating to marriage do change

Fathers can no longer give away their daughters
Marriage is no longer till death do you part
Black people and white people can get married

The government must, by law, apply laws equally to all citizens. Other than personal biases against gays, there is no public interest in preventing people of the same sex from marrying

Personal abhorrence to homosexuality, or religious intolerance are no reason for the government not to acknowledge gay marriage

I'm sure that is still done, though it is nice to see We are both opposed to the concept.

At least it's Individual Choice, for better or for worse.

Personally I believe We are All related, so I have no problem with Interracial Marriage. I think Variety is also good for the Blood Lines.

The government must, by law, apply laws equally to all citizens.
While Exempting Itself , Friends, Relatives, and Contributors. Yeah right. Oxymoron. Government has proven least capable of Impartiality. Good try though. We still can dream, can't we? :D

Other than personal biases against gays, there is no public interest in preventing people of the same sex from marrying
That is your Opinion, nothing more. Mine is that in the spirit of tolerance, I totally support Civil Unions, by any name, except one. Living in a Constitutional Republic, I will submit to the will of the Super Majority, so if it ends up being called Marriage, it is what it is. I think if you gave up on the term, you would see a major part of your opposition vaporize. Hey, that's just me though, still, it speaks volumes to the intent of those in your ranks. Maybe something better brought out in Counseling. ;)

One other thing. Il wasn't a leader. He was a murderous dictator. Funny how the media isn't reporting known and documented fact but rather sanitizing the killer.
What are you talking about? Did you watch CNN's overnight breaking coverage?
c-rolleyes.gif

Kim is thought to have been born in 1983 or early 1984.[5] North Korean officials currently gave his date of birth as 8 January 1983. He attended the English-language International School of Berne, Switzerland until 1998 under a pseudonym.[9][10][11][12][13] Former classmates have asserted that he attended Gümlingen International School or Liebefeld public school. His pseudonym at Gümlingen was "Pak Chol" and he pretended to be the son of a driver, although in Liebefeld, the teacher told the class that he was from North Korea. An older student chaperoned him all the time. In Liebefeld, he told his friend Joao Micaelo that he was the son of the heir to the North Korea leader, though Micaelo said he didn't believe him at the time. He was described as a shy child who was uncommunicative with unfamiliar people and was only distinguished for his competitive nature, particularly in sports, and a fascination with the NBA and Michael Jordan. Allegedly, one friend claimed that he had met and even had pictures taken with Kobe Bryant and Toni Kukoc, but was unsure where.[14] He reportedly stayed in Switzerland until late 1999 or early 2000 when former classmates claimed he "disappeared." The ambassador of North Korea in Switzerland, Ri Tcheul, had a close relationship with him and acted as a mentor while there. Switzerland has always stayed neutral in the conflict between North and South Korea. The Kim clan is said to organise family meetings at Lake Geneva and Interlaken.[15]

For many years, only one confirmed photograph of him was known outside North Korea, apparently taken in the mid-1990s, when he was eleven.[16] Occasional other supposed images of him surfaced but were often disputed.[17][18][19][20] It was only in June 2010, shortly before he was given official posts and publicly introduced to the North Korean people, that more pictures were released of Kim, taken when he was attending school in Switzerland.[21][22] The first official image of him as an adult was a group photograph released on 30 September 2010 at the end of the party conference that effectively anointed him, in which he is seated in the front row, two places from his father. This was followed by newsreel footage of him attending the conference.[23]
Kim Jong-un - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chris, this is good news to hear the new leader has a western hero. Do you suppose you could use your political influence to have Michael Jordan consider doing a little ambassadorial work for this country and ask the new North Korean leader if he would consider a truce with America as well as his neighbor, South Korea?

I know it's a long shot, but if this world is to have any enduring peace, it will start with mutual respect and friendship that has no peer.

Pretty please?

My dad collected some shrapnel in Korea to go with his collection from WWII. He refused to fly on any more airplanes after he set an alarm off in one of them for having metal in him back in the 1960s.

He suffered with terrible pain and nightmares all his life, even though the Marines plastered him with a lot of medals before all was said and done.

Americans fight for peace where there isn't any. Maybe this battle can be won diplomatically, and you liberals are in the driver's seat right now.

Last edited:
The State Department is always working overtime. Unfortunately, sometimes it's in order to concoct yellowcake delusions.

You call THIS A DELUSION!!!!

niger.jpg

Don't let the Conservative think tank find you with that yellowcake

They have a spot for you in Gitmo
Mr. Rightwinger, I didn't know you were in the competition to win the International Spinmeister's post of the year award. Congratulations, I think you've won it.

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.

You know Shallow, I don't think one in fifty things you post is true, but this I believe - you are absolutely a thug. Pol Pot proved that the Khmer Rouge was based on majority decisions - which included slaughtering the minority. You leftist are such fun people, particularly sociopath like you who are devoid of so much as a shred of integrity...

"The protection provided by this principle applies fundamentally, of course, in favor of a minority of one: The Individual. No majority, however great even all of the people but one Individual--may properly infringe, or possess the power to infringe, the rights of any minority, however small--even a minority of a lone Individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Pol Pot was a Nixon creation.

You should be proud, dude.

wtf? how is that again?

One other thing. Il wasn't a leader. He was a murderous dictator. Funny how the media isn't reporting known and documented fact but rather sanitizing the killer.

The State Department must be working Overtime. ;)
The State Department is always working overtime. Unfortunately, sometimes it's in order to concoct yellowcake delusions.
This time, they're busy saying what a swell guy the leftist tyrant was.

Wow.....you almost have it

Marriage IS a choice. And who are you to insist that the government recognize your personal opinions on who may and who may not get married

If marriage is simply a contract between two people, then the 14 amendment requires that it be applied equally to all people

Nobody is FORCING you to accept anyone. You are still free to hate anyone you wish

Fail. There are and always have been Socially Accepted Norms. Rules generally are based on those Norms. Just admit you are trying to change the Norms. Why deny it, if you want honest response. State your platform, make your case and go from there. To state, claim, or imply that your position Is the Norm, is Disingenuous. You condemn the beliefs, actions, and positions of Billions of People throughout History, and try to guilt trip those whom have different morals and values than you. You have every right to your values and beliefs, just as we do. Rather than persuade through argument, you act as if you have the moral high ground. You don't. You want everything your way without convincing argument, you want tolerance, yet you show little or none, yourself. Marriage has rules in our society, even between Man and Woman, that includes Age Restrictions, Incest, Bigamy. The 14th Amendment had nothing to do with Gay Marriage. That is a false argument. Hold Your Breath, count to 10. Now try to be more original. Try to make your point without further offending those you are trying to win over.

The government must, by law, apply laws equally to all citizens. Other than personal biases against gays, there is no public interest in preventing people of the same sex from marrying

Personal abhorrence to homosexuality, or religious intolerance are no reason for the government not to acknowledge gay marriage

That's the whole purpose of legislation dummy.. You know the same legislation that is a state issue and that was put on a ballot and was rejected, then assfucks like yourself went running to the courts despite being passed via direct democracy..

Apparently society doesn't agree with you - even in the land of fruits and nuts...

The most painful part of prop 8 was the fact it was NOT voted on by politicians but rather through direct democracy, yet progressives didn't like the outcome and now say "fuck you democracy, I believe _________ therefore it should be in place."

Then progressives wonder why progressives only like them...

Geez...

You know Shallow, I don't think one in fifty things you post is true, but this I believe - you are absolutely a thug. Pol Pot proved that the Khmer Rouge was based on majority decisions - which included slaughtering the minority. You leftist are such fun people, particularly sociopath like you who are devoid of so much as a shred of integrity...

"The protection provided by this principle applies fundamentally, of course, in favor of a minority of one: The Individual. No majority, however great even all of the people but one Individual--may properly infringe, or possess the power to infringe, the rights of any minority, however small--even a minority of a lone Individual." - Thomas Jefferson

wtf? how is that again?

Pay no mind. It's just monkey-flung poo.

That's to bad. And puts to bed the notion that conservatives have more support then liberals.

Because you guys support that shit.

Pick up the Constitution once in a while or Google "Electoral College"

Yes..and 3/5 of a person was in the constitution at one time. Electoral College is there to protect the "Landed Gentry".

It's an old notion that you conservatives hold near and dear to your hearts. Some people are just "worth" more then others.

you are abusing the 3/5ths reasoning for the rule, do you even care? or do you just say things and hope they stick against the wall. for gods sakes.

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.

How the fuck can you make that assertion??

No one knows anything about Pol Pot other than the fact he was educated in France..

In theory what Pol Pot did makes no fucking sense considering he had absolutely ZERO reason to do what he did. His motivations are absolutely unknown.

If I was to blame someone for ALLOWING Pol Pot to commit his genocide it would be progressive hippies who demanded the end to Vietnam, that within itself opened the door for Pol Pot to commit one of the worst atrocities known to mankind..

If it wasn't for progressives we would have gone into Cambodia and destroyed the Khmer Rouge.

You know nothing so quit acting like you do you fucking ape....

Last edited:
Yes..and 3/5 of a person was in the constitution at one time. Electoral College is there to protect the "Landed Gentry".

It's an old notion that you conservatives hold near and dear to your hearts. Some people are just "worth" more then others.
...And you feel that way. You want the votes of metropolitan areas to have more weight than rural areas.

Trash Can Tickets In Queens

Does it look like you morons know what the hell you're doing? Hint: No.

One vote...one person.

Simple enough.

Majority wins.
Oh, that reminds me -- then you're okay with gay marriage referenda being voted down and the passing of Prop 8, right?

Majority wins, right?

Pick up the Constitution once in a while or Google "Electoral College"

you are abusing the 3/5ths reasoning for the rule, do you even care? or do you just say things and hope they stick against the wall. for gods sakes.

The dope clearly has no sense of the origin or historical context in which the electoral college was introduced (and how and why the Constitution might well have not been ratified without it). Of course coastal lefties like him are representative of exactly how the crisis out of which the system was born came to be. I imagine he'd only be too happy to have NY and CA decide all our national elections and to hell with the people in those states they fly over between cocktail parties...

Fail. There are and always have been Socially Accepted Norms. Rules generally are based on those Norms. Just admit you are trying to change the Norms. Why deny it, if you want honest response. State your platform, make your case and go from there. To state, claim, or imply that your position Is the Norm, is Disingenuous. You condemn the beliefs, actions, and positions of Billions of People throughout History, and try to guilt trip those whom have different morals and values than you. You have every right to your values and beliefs, just as we do. Rather than persuade through argument, you act as if you have the moral high ground. You don't. You want everything your way without convincing argument, you want tolerance, yet you show little or none, yourself. Marriage has rules in our society, even between Man and Woman, that includes Age Restrictions, Incest, Bigamy. The 14th Amendment had nothing to do with Gay Marriage. That is a false argument. Hold Your Breath, count to 10. Now try to be more original. Try to make your point without further offending those you are trying to win over.

That's the whole purpose of legislation dummy.. You know the same legislation that is a state issue and that was put on a ballot and was rejected, then assfucks like yourself went running to the courts despite being passed via direct democracy..

Apparently society doesn't agree with you - even in the land of fruits and nuts...

The most painful part of prop 8 was the fact it was NOT voted on by politicians but rather through direct democracy, yet progressives didn't like the outcome and now say "fuck you democracy, I believe _________ therefore it should be in place."

Then progressives wonder why progressives only like them...

Geez...

Actually, society does agree with me and now more than 50% of Americans support gay marriage. It is now legal for ten percent of the country and growing.
You are now a dinosaur. A sad remnant to a past where this country hated homosexuals. Glad to see your kind disappearing

Forum List

Back