Breaking: Pentagon Locked Down after Shots Fired. No Details Yet.

Crap, I've got friends working at the Pentagon at the moment.

Hope they're ok.

Oh, and I'll add my F-you to all the others for the OP.

The Pentagon Police Chief just spoke. Two officers hit with 'grazing wounds', perpetrator more critically wounded. Officers reported perp calmly walked towards them at the Metro Pentagon gate, reached into his coat pocket (they assumed to retrieve an access badge) then drew out a weapon and opened fire. They returned fire, no other injuries reported.

In the OP's defense (even though it was not a smart statement)

"It was probably some loony wannabe military type who thinks that Obama isn't a US citizen and that Palin is qualified to be POTUS.

But I'm just guessing on that..."

Was this also negged by anyone? Or was the verbal reprimand enough?

Just asking........

Whereas the OP was being serious. I'm being a sarcastic smartass.

Therein lies the difference. :thup:

Its on Drudge and Fox websites but no details yet. Its probably a liberal or Muslim.

Way to politicize a tragedy there asshole. :cool:

Um, dont you think this tragedy was politically motivated in the first place? The Pentagon isnt exactly a random location.

BINGO!

I've been waiting for someone to defend the OP - and here we are. You win the prize, my friend.

Good job. Stand up and defend the king of all ignorant posts by the king of all ignorant posters.

Its on Drudge and Fox websites but no details yet. Its probably a liberal or Muslim.

Um, dont you think this tragedy was politically motivated in the first place? The Pentagon isnt exactly a random location.

Why would the shooting of 2 DC cops at a train station next to the Pentagon be politically motivated?

Do you think the Militias are trying to make their move, starting with the Pentagon train station?

MSN has a report on already. They are sure it is not a terrorist attack. Man, these guys are good. Haven't interviewed the subject yet or done any background check, but the shooter is not a terrorist. Here's a idea government types, why not assume it is terror based and act accordingly, until you prove otherwise. Then we will all be safer and have responded better if it turns out to be a terror attack.

Doesn't mean that it needs to politicized there douche. The report was 17 minutes old and the douche who started this thread jumped to liberal terrorist. If you missed my point then fuck you too.

MSN has a report on already. They are sure it is not a terrorist attack. Man, these guys are good. Haven't interviewed the subject yet or done any background check, but the shooter is not a terrorist. Here's a idea government types, why not assume it is terror based and act accordingly, until you prove otherwise. Then we will all be safer and have responded better if it turns out to be a terror attack.

Oh Nooooooeeeeeezzzzz! There's terrrrerists everywhere! Run, run fer yer lives!

Let's see, Random Whackjob barricades himself in his house and shoots at cops. Check. Multiple checks.

Random Whackjob burns down his own house and flies into government building. Check.

Random Whackjob walks up to Pentagon cops and starts shooting? Sooooo farfetched. Couldn't be. Must be a terrerrist, there's no other possible explanation. :cuckoo:

I would hope the lock down was part of an anti terrorist contingency. If not then I would be worried.

I would hope the lock down was part of an anti terrorist contingency. If not then I would be worried.

I'd hope it's part of any contingency plan. If shots are being fired it doesn't really matter who's doing the shooting, you still don't want people walking out of secure areas and into bullets. Heck, I was floored last week when my kids came home and talked about their lockdown drill. In kindergarten. It's a mad, mad, mad, sad world sometimes.

Oh Nooooooeeeeeezzzzz! There's terrrrerists everywhere! Run, run fer yer lives!

Let's see, Random Whackjob barricades himself in his house and shoots at cops. Check. Multiple checks.

Random Whackjob burns down his own house and flies into government building. Check.

Random Whackjob walks up to Pentagon cops and starts shooting? Sooooo farfetched. Couldn't be. Must be a terrerrist, there's no other possible explanation. :cuckoo:

I know it might be too subtle a difference for you goldcatt, but I said for security reasons assume it could be terrorist related until you find out otherwise. Sort of like screen people at the airport before they get on the plane. Of course, we could just assume no one will take a jet and fly it into a building and then another and another. That was an expensive lesson wasn't it?

Agreed, but before the sweep was even done, the media was reporting it was not a terror attack.

When it comes to sensitive military or national security installations, it is always assumed that any extreme violence (aka shooting) is part of a coordinated attack. Doesn't matter whether if it's a terrorist or act of war. The immediate defensive reaction is the same.

Agreed, but before the sweep was even done, the media was reporting it was not a terror attack.

Their headlines may as well read:
Breaking

Today there was NOT a terrorist attack. Because we say so. End of story.

The problem I have is how do you define terrorism?

The word "terrorism" is rhetoric - it's a fluid term. That's why I don't like the term. It's definition exists only in the person using the word. What I define as terrorism may be entirely different than you, and until a convention is decided upon, it's too fluid a term for me.

Last edited:

The problem I have is how do you define terrorism?

The word "terrorism" is rhetoric - it's a fluid term. That's why I don't like the term.

And I don't like the term pro choice, so what is your point?

It's in the government's best interest to push the media into assuming that it is not a terrorist attack, unless it is of an extreme and obvious variety of violence.

Forum List

Back