Breaking: Pentagon Locked Down after Shots Fired. No Details Yet.

Not to get off topic, but don't all schools have a "Terrorist Plan" in their school, like a Fire Drill or Tornado Drill? We do, and I just assumed all schools do since 9/11.

Or the Atomic Bomb Drill

11.jpg

The closest thing that I've been able to find as an international legal definition is the UN definition:

"Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them."

To me, that definition leaves too much gray area.

That's cause you're going by the UN definition which expressly remains vague so that they can muddy the waters about what terrorism is.

it's the targeting of civilians that mark the difference between guerilla warfare and terrorism.
Right. Seems pretty clear.

I agree as to the definition. But the problem is there's no legal convention - aside from the UN nonsense I posted.

That's cause you're going by the UN definition which expressly remains vague so that they can muddy the waters about what terrorism is.

it's the targeting of civilians that mark the difference between guerilla warfare and terrorism.

I agree as to the definition. But the problem is there's no legal convention - aside from the UN nonsense I posted.
I agree that the UN stuff is nonsense. And, I'm not being argumentative just to be that way, but I wonder why you would need to have a legal convention for it. And do you mean legal domestically or internationally? Domestically, I can sort of see why it is important, but murder is murder (attempted murder, too), regardless of thoughts. Internationally, the UN would be the one to define it and I find them almost completely useless in these sorts of areas. Plus, irrespective of what the UN says, nations will ignore them when the nation's interests are at stake, as we all are well aware.

Not to get off topic, but don't all schools have a "Terrorist Plan" in their school, like a Fire Drill or Tornado Drill? We do, and I just assumed all schools do since 9/11.

I tell my neice and nephew to keep a eye on Muslim students or people with middle eastern names and be aware of any strange movements that might be alarming while on campus at the college they attend. I'm telling you we need to have a strong screening of these students at our schools. Any suspect activities should be alerted to the authorities. These Muslim kids can be taught to be suicide bombers at a early age or just flat out murderers for the sake of Allah. Muslims cannot afford to slide under the radar without a full profiling. I urge you all to get your kids to do the same.

Last edited:

I tell my neice and nephew to keep a eye on Muslim students or people with middle eastern names and be aware of any strange movements that might be alarming while on campus at the college they attend. I'm telling you we need to have a strong screening of these students at our schools. Any suspect activities should be alerted to the authorities. These Muslim kids can be taught to be suicide bombers at a early age or just flat out murderers for the sake of Allah. Muslims cannot afford to slide under the radar without a full profiling.

I tell my kids to look out for retarded US Army retirees.

I tell my neice and nephew to keep a eye on Muslim students or people with middle eastern names and be aware of any strange movements that might be alarming while on campus at the college they attend. I'm telling you we need to have a strong screening of these students at our schools. Any suspect activities should be alerted to the authorities. These Muslim kids can be taught to be suicide bombers at a early age or just flat out murderers for the sake of Allah. Muslims cannot afford to slide under the radar without a full profiling.

USArmy Retarded: Why don't you help us out by randomly killing a muslim? Just find one in your town.

That way, when you go to prison, we will be rid of you.

I agree that the UN stuff is nonsense. And, I'm not being argumentative just to be that way, but I wonder why you would need to have a legal convention for it. And do you mean legal domestically or internationally? Domestically, I can sort of see why it is important, but murder is murder (attempted murder, too), regardless of thoughts. Internationally, the UN would be the one to define it and I find them almost completely useless in these sorts of areas. Plus, irrespective of what the UN says, nations will ignore them when the nation's interests are at stake, as we all are well aware.

I look for a legal convention because I don't like allowing something this big being decided by rhetoric. What's stopping a police chief deciding to make selling drugs a "terrorist" act? Are gang-related crimes "terrorism"?

I tell my kids to look out for retarded US Army retirees.

I'm thinking US Army Retard loves David Duke........................:eusa_whistle:

US Retard is a troll, like I said before, nobody can hate their country like he does.

I look for a legal convention because I don't like allowing something this big being decided by rhetoric. What's stopping a police chief deciding to make selling drugs a "terrorist" act? Are gang-related crimes "terrorism"?
I see what you mean. I would say that in a sense, gang-related violence is a terrorist tactic for the gang world. But, perhaps we could expand on Jillian's elegant definition to include a political aspect?

If we put our heads together, we might find a simple and elegant definition. It might be a great idea for a thread topic. Sure, some trolls will show up, but I think the topic could get non-partisan and constructive input.

I see what you mean. I would say that in a sense, gang-related violence is a terrorist tactic for the gang world. But, perhaps we could expand on Jillian's elegant definition to include a political aspect?

If we put our heads together, we might find a simple and elegant definition. It might be a great idea for a thread topic. Sure, some trolls will show up, but I think the topic could get non-partisan and constructive input.

I agree with that.

Be constructive? There goes the neighborhood. Si, you used constructive and non-partisan in the same sentence. Go to your room young lady! This is a political message board and we will have none of that here.

In the OP's defense (even though it was not a smart statement)

"It was probably some loony wannabe military type who thinks that Obama isn't a US citizen and that Palin is qualified to be POTUS.

But I'm just guessing on that..."

Was this also negged by anyone? Or was the verbal reprimand enough?

Just asking........

I think that was radio's idea of being funny in response to the O/P. So no, I doubt anyone negged him for it.

You are probably right.

however
considering that it is the right wing conservatives in America who keep reminding us
a. of how much they hate and fear todays LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC government (obama)
b. how they are organized into well-armed groups all over the country willing to kill (and die?) for their beliefs and rights and fears and hatreds

it is, today, slightly more logical to think (but not assume) that this particular shooter could have been an angry white male tea bagger

Terrorist- a person who is part of a subgroup that depends primarily on violence to gain power or influence.

In the OP's defense (even though it was not a smart statement)

"It was probably some loony wannabe military type who thinks that Obama isn't a US citizen and that Palin is qualified to be POTUS.

But I'm just guessing on that..."

Was this also negged by anyone? Or was the verbal reprimand enough?

Just asking........

I think that was radio's idea of being funny in response to the O/P. So no, I doubt anyone negged him for it.

You are probably right.

however
considering that it is the right wing conservatives in America who keep reminding us
a. of how much they hate and fear todays LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC government (obama)
b. how they are organized into well-armed groups all over the country willing to kill (and die?) for their beliefs and rights and fears and hatreds

it is, today, slightly more logical to think (but not assume) that this particular shooter could have been an angry white male tea bagger
Using your logic, it would be more understandable to assume it was a Muslim extremist because (a) they hate and fear not only today's liberal democrat government, but any government we have and (b) they are much more organized and already have shown time and again they are not only willing to die for their beliefs, but that is a major motivation.

Forum List

Back