Breaking: Pentagon Locked Down after Shots Fired. No Details Yet.

Bad love affair? The shooter thought Sarah palin was inside and they would not let him see her?

I will wait to see what turns up.
Cudos to the 2 officers that got the guy in spite of being wounded.

In any case I expect the guy must be a total nutcase to attack the pentagon. If that is what he was doing.
I hope it was not a disturbed vet...damn... I hope not. I used to work with those guys...

Last edited:
Not to get off topic, but don't all schools have a "Terrorist Plan" in their school, like a Fire Drill or Tornado Drill? We do, and I just assumed all schools do since 9/11.

I tell my neice and nephew to keep a eye on Muslim students or people with middle eastern names and be aware of any strange movements that might be alarming while on campus at the college they attend. I'm telling you we need to have a strong screening of these students at our schools. Any suspect activities should be alerted to the authorities. These Muslim kids can be taught to be suicide bombers at a early age or just flat out murderers for the sake of Allah. Muslims cannot afford to slide under the radar without a full profiling. I urge you all to get your kids to do the same.

I tell my son to watch out for racist scum

As he's boarding the plane for Birthright Israel?

I think I'm going to tell my kids to watch out for extreme irony.

Shooter was not a Muslim:

John Patrick Bedell, Pentagon Shooter, Vented About the Government, 9/11 Online

He was a 9/11 "truther", as they're derisively called.

Not sure if "truthers" count as left or right --- most are probably people who suspect the government is a big fucking lie machine. Are they wrong?

Agreed, but before the sweep was even done, the media was reporting it was not a terror attack.

The problem I have is how do you define terrorism?

The word "terrorism" is rhetoric - it's a fluid term. That's why I don't like the term. It's definition exists only in the person using the word. What I define as terrorism may be entirely different than you, and until a convention is decided upon, it's too fluid a term for me.

it's only a fluid term if people want it to be. But it actually has a definition... terrorism is violent action TARGETING civilians for political gain.

watch it become fluid when the king david hotel bombing is discussed.

so it's a pissed off truther then?

sad that he chose to simply feed the 'terrorist in every pot' gestalt of the nation that he so loathed in the first place.....

~S~

Not to get off topic, but don't all schools have a "Terrorist Plan" in their school, like a Fire Drill or Tornado Drill? We do, and I just assumed all schools do since 9/11.

I tell my neice and nephew to keep a eye on Muslim students or people with middle eastern names and be aware of any strange movements that might be alarming while on campus at the college they attend. I'm telling you we need to have a strong screening of these students at our schools. Any suspect activities should be alerted to the authorities. These Muslim kids can be taught to be suicide bombers at a early age or just flat out murderers for the sake of Allah. Muslims cannot afford to slide under the radar without a full profiling. I urge you all to get your kids to do the same.

it's never too early to get the kids on the road to irrational behavior and paranoia.

kudis.

I would have them look out for people who think Obama is not a citizen or for those who make hasty generalizations.

I think that was radio's idea of being funny in response to the O/P. So no, I doubt anyone negged him for it.

You are probably right.

however
considering that it is the right wing conservatives in America who keep reminding us
a. of how much they hate and fear todays LIBERAL DEMOCRATIC government (obama)
b. how they are organized into well-armed groups all over the country willing to kill (and die?) for their beliefs and rights and fears and hatreds

it is, today, slightly more logical to think (but not assume) that this particular shooter could have been an angry white male tea bagger
Using your logic, it would be more understandable to assume it was a Muslim extremist because (a) they hate and fear not only today's liberal democrat government, but any government we have and (b) they are much more organized and already have shown time and again they are not only willing to die for their beliefs, but that is a major motivation.

Would you call this attack "organized"?

We have skinheads show up at our Scottish Games every once in a while...we all watch them closely.

Paranoia???

Paranoia???
Can you picture US Army Kicked Out's posts being tracked down after his....er....(don't use the term "terrorism")..."incident"?

Paranoia???
Can you picture US Army Kicked Out's posts being tracked down after his....er....(don't use the term "terrorism")..."incident"?

:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back