You are unemployed and want a new job, under a Democratic president you have a better chance of getting one!

Your research and spreading garbage jab is backfiring on you. If a bill were to get a 68-32 votes, it would have passed the Senate, which it didn't in 2024, it also wouldn't have passed the House with a Speaker that hasn't held that position in since 2011 - 2015. Perhaps you should research your material before spreading garbage.

All you have to do is look at the procedural votes that failed and included democrats and independents. You know, the data and facts you continue to spew about. You'll be okay though .. :itsok:
Bottom line is that the committee (with both Republicans and Democrats) had come up with a compromise and the day it was announced, Trump dissed it and immediately thereafter the bill failed. It WAS Trump's fault. He did not want "any kind" of compromise as it would affect his chances of getting elected. The timeline and the facts are clear. You simply can't deny them.

Whether the bill would have passed both the Senate and the House, we don't know. All we DO KNOW is that Trump opened his mouth and said the "Bill was stupid" and everything died.

Bottom line is that the committee (with both Republicans and Democrats) had come up with a compromise and the day it was announced, Trump dissed it and immediately thereafter the bill failed. It WAS Trump's fault. He did not want "any kind" of compromise as it would affect his chances of getting elected. The timeline and the facts are clear. You simply can't deny them.

Whether the bill would have passed both the Senate and the House, we don't know. All we DO KNOW is that Trump opened his mouth and said the "Bill was stupid" and everything died.
Did Trump persuade Democrats to vote against it? You do realize, that Republicans alone could not have passed it? You're not making any sense. Do your research, instead of providing vote counts from 10 - 15 years ago from a non-existent Speaker of the House.

I have serious issues with both the Democratic and Republican parties. One is "woke" and out of its freaking mind when it comes to social issues and the other party is generally, more socially conservative but unfortunately emphasizes the interests of the wealthy capitalist ruling class, at the expense of the working class (94% of the population).

I believe Christians should purchase land and form communities, with their own independent infrastructure (i.e. electricity, water, housing, food production, hospitals, schools, factories..etc) and serve the world, by sharing the gospel and growing the kingdom of Christ on Earth. Plant new Christian communities and outreach centers throughout the world, and grow the kingdom as much as possible.

Don't try to change the world politically by working through a secular, essentially, satanic system, but rather focus on evangelizing the world, and setting a good example in your own Christian "colonies", where Christians live together, loving, serving, and sacrificing for each other. Jesus prayed:

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jesus instructed his disciples:

Joh 15:11-14 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. (12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Joh_15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Act 4:32-37 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that any of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. (33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Master Yahshua: and great grace was upon them all. (34) Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, (35) And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. (36) And Joseph, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabah, which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation, a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, (37) Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Act 2:43-47 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. (44) And all that believed were together, and had all things common; (45) And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (46) And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, (47) Praising Elohim, and having favour with all the people. And our Sovereign added to the assembly daily such as should be saved.

Mar 10:28-31 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. (29) And Yahshua answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the good news, (30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. (31) But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

The first Christians were so infused by the Holy Ghost that they fervently loved their brothers and sisters (The Body Of Christ - The Eklesia - The Church - The Called Out Ones), that they laid everything down at the foot of the cross. We are to follow Him, as he instructed, but those who claim to be His disciples today, have been misled to believe that the earthly Body of Jesus Christ today, is a building where they go to worship once or twice a week. The Body of Christ are His people, those who are born again and filled with His Spirit.

The best way to influence the world spiritually and even politically is by doing what the first Christians did. They formed their own communities. Earthly "colonies" of God's Kingdom on Earth. That will be much more effective than getting into secular politics and forcing God's law upon the lost, through the heavy hand of government or force of arms.
The thing is this - America was a majority Christian nation looking back, and yes not perfect but steadily applying the word in order to correct course, otherwise when loss of direction occured.

Slowly she has been under the attack of a thousand cuts in hopes to bring her to her knees, and to be fundamentally changed by a force not recognized in regards to our long standing traditions and cultures.

So should we figuratively fight to retain what we had or should we give in and lose it ?

Good post, I enjoyed the read.

The conversation was about women and doctors being jailed for abortions. The previous poster said that they weren't and I said that they were. That is what the conversation was about.

Now, if you want to talk about abortion itself, my stand is (and always will be) that it is a woman's right to do what she wants until the baby is born and breathing on its own.

Having said that, I am not going to discuss the topic. That is my "opinion" and I am entitled to it. In addition, this was the legal stance for 50 years that had previously been decided by the Supreme Court. I consider that what this Supreme Court did was a travesty (overturning a previous Supreme Court decision) as it means that the Supreme Court is no longer bound by the law but by politics.

This decision was not only a travesty as it took a "right" away from women but also weakened our Justice system forever. Hey, the next Supreme Court might decide that the Constitution is not a valid law in our land and that we can have tyranny here. Would you like that?
You are the one that noted a specific case as an example, but now you try to blurr the lines.

You are the one that noted a specific case as an example, but now you try to blurr the lines.
I am getting tired of these ridiculous and totally unnecessary question.

I noted a specific case to make the point that the abortion bill is putting women in jail. That is all. Geez, you really are a born critic, aren't you?

Did Trump persuade Democrats to vote against it? You do realize, that Republicans alone could not have passed it? You're not making any sense. Do your research, instead of providing vote counts from 10 - 15 years ago from a non-existent Speaker of the House.
It did not get a chance to go for a vote. The committee agreed but the Trump dissing it, prevented it ever being put up for a vote in either house. As such, your post is useless.

It did not get a chance to go for a vote. The committee agreed but the Trump dissing it, prevented it ever being put up for a vote in either house. As such, your post is useless.
It went through two procedural votes and failed both because of bipartisan 'nays.' Why are you having issues with this? C'mon Mr. Facts and Data guy .. do your research. Yes .. this is from this year and not 2015.

The border security bill, S.4361, received fewer votes Thursday as a standalone bill than it had as part of the larger foreign aid package in February, when it failed on a 49-50 procedural vote. Sixty votes are needed to advance bills in the Senate.

The bill did not get all Democrats on board, which Schumer acknowledged earlier this week was a possibility.

It went through two procedural votes and failed both because of bipartisan 'nays.' Why are you having issues with this? C'mon Mr. Facts and Data guy .. do your research. Yes .. this is from this year and not 2015.
That may have happened afterwards. Bottom line is that everything went down when Trump opened his mouth. Do your timeline research.

Your reply did not address my post. I think I am starting to waste my time talking to you.
See, I’m too smart for you. I am not obligated to explain knowledge to you. You’re pissed cause I didn’t fall for your troll

That may have happened afterwards. Bottom line is that everything went down when Trump opened his mouth. Do your timeline research.
I've already done my research, with 2024 data, as opposed to your research from 2011-2015. All you've done is provide anecdotal 'evidence' and are implying that Trump's input persuaded democrats to vote against 'the magic bill.' Republicans alone could not have passed the procedural vote even if every Senator voted 'yea.' Sorry chump .. you're just wrong.

How can it happen afterwards? It happened in the voting.

Do you know what bipartisan means?

I am getting tired of these ridiculous and totally unnecessary question.

I noted a specific case to make the point that the abortion bill is putting women in jail. That is all. Geez, you really are a born critic, aren't you?
So what if it's putting women in jail ? Shouldn't that happen if they just killed somebody ?

Brookings knows more about this than you or I. I quoted them. If they made a mistake, harass them for it. I trust Brookings as being more knowledgeable about the details of this than anything you or I can dig up anywhere.

By the way, I have not seen you come up with any article that says that Trump had nothing to do with the bill being nixed. Where IS YOUR PROOF?

Here is what Trump said right after it was stated by the committee (which had both Republican and Democrat agreed-upon support) and which caused the House speaker to immediately-thereafter reject the proposal

Trump calls border bill ‘a Death Wish’ for Republican Party: ‘Don’t be STUPID!!!’

This was ALL Trump that caused this bill to fail.
And you are making the ludicrous inference that killing this bill was a bad thing ?

That bill was, in no way, a "compromise". It was giving total victory to Democrats, who want open borders and massive illegal immigration, to provide millions of VOTES for THEM,
5,000 lllegal aliens per day.

The only acceptable number is ZERO.

Forum List

Back