BREAKING : Ryanair sent a Belarusian journalist Raman Pratasevich to certain death

If we want to keep "the rules-based world" we should not violate those rules or use double standards.
There are rules, and there are reasons for those rules. View attachment 495698

The first rule of the civilian aviation is quite simple: "Every State has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above it's territory".

If the EU (or any other state) don't like this rule - they may suggest to cancel this Convention, and to write another, starting, for example, with the words: "All air on the Earth belongs to the EU, and only the EU will decide who may ground airplanes, and who - may not." Sure, I very doubt that anybody will sign such a document.
It is amusing to see how people are becoming experts overnight in some convention they have never heard of before and reading only one chapter of it afterwards.

I am ready to repeat it for you once again - the issue is not about landing tha plane per se. The issue is the reason why this plane was landed.
What part of the sentence "Every State has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above it's territory" is unclear?

Ukraine has right to ground a Belorussian jet to arrest an anti-Maidan activist (or anybody else), Belorussia has right to ground an Irish jet to arrest a pro-Maidan activist (or anybody else). It is their land and air, and there are their laws.
You may like or hate their laws, you may like or hate their KGB, but Belorussian sovereignty over their airspace is complete and exclusive.
Does not matter how many Belorussian really voted for Lukashenko, does not matter was Protasevich "fighter for freedom" or "Nazi-militant", "traitor" or "real patriot", the right of Belorussian state to "keep order", arrest or even execute him - is absolute. That's what we call "state sovereignty". It is "inner affair" of Belorussia.
And what is unclear that Lukashenko is blamed not for landing the plane, but for arresting of his political opponent?
Everybody arrest their political opponents. It's inner affair of any state.
Yeah, maybe in Russia and Belorussia and other 'third world's shitholes. And yes, in Ukraine too.

If we want to keep "the rules-based world" we should not violate those rules or use double standards.

The first rule of the civilian aviation is quite simple: "Every State has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above it's territory".

If the EU (or any other state) don't like this rule - they may suggest to cancel this Convention, and to write another, starting, for example, with the words: "All air on the Earth belongs to the EU, and only the EU will decide who may ground airplanes, and who - may not." Sure, I very doubt that anybody will sign such a document.
It is amusing to see how people are becoming experts overnight in some convention they have never heard of before and reading only one chapter of it afterwards.

I am ready to repeat it for you once again - the issue is not about landing tha plane per se. The issue is the reason why this plane was landed.
What part of the sentence "Every State has complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above it's territory" is unclear?

Ukraine has right to ground a Belorussian jet to arrest an anti-Maidan activist (or anybody else), Belorussia has right to ground an Irish jet to arrest a pro-Maidan activist (or anybody else). It is their land and air, and there are their laws.
You may like or hate their laws, you may like or hate their KGB, but Belorussian sovereignty over their airspace is complete and exclusive.
Does not matter how many Belorussian really voted for Lukashenko, does not matter was Protasevich "fighter for freedom" or "Nazi-militant", "traitor" or "real patriot", the right of Belorussian state to "keep order", arrest or even execute him - is absolute. That's what we call "state sovereignty". It is "inner affair" of Belorussia.
And what is unclear that Lukashenko is blamed not for landing the plane, but for arresting of his political opponent?
Yeah, maybe in Russia and Belorussia and other 'third world's shitholes. And yes, in Ukraine too.
The Earth is the third planet from the Sun. Therefore, every Earth state is a "third world shithole".

And yes, there are politically motivated arrests in all (or almost all) states.

The Earth is the third planet from the Sun. Therefore, every Earth state is a "third world shithole".

Yeah, but somehow you decided to emigrate to 'better' shithole (if you ever did). There is a difference, it seems.

Yeah, but somehow you decided to emigrate to 'better' shithole (if you ever did). There is a difference, it seems.
My ancestors came here, not me. America is nice place for life (it is much better to live in America than to die in Poland or Ireland) , but don't idealize it. There are no "ideal" places on the Earth, there are advantages and disadvantages everywhere.

My ancestors came here, not me. America is nice place for life (it is much better to live in America than to die in Poland or Ireland) , but don't idealize it. There are no "ideal" places on the Earth, there are advantages and disadvantages everywhere.
Of course, there are no ideal places on Earth. Who argues with that?

Your ancestors you say? Well, maybe. But I cant get rid of a feeling that you are of Alex Brezhnev's kind of emigrant.

The Germans grounded another Ryanair jet in Berlin, due to a potential security treat.

Nobody cares.

Was anyone who runs an Internet site criticizing Merkel arrested?
Who knows? There are no confirmation from Krakow.
May be, her real political opponents are clever enough to not fly over Germany?
Do you really believe that if they had found a member of a German Neo-Nazi Group / "fighter for freedom" or an Islamic terrorist they couldn't arrest him?

The Germans grounded another Ryanair jet in Berlin, due to a potential security treat.

Nobody cares.

Do you really believe that if they had found a member of a German Neo-Nazi Group / "fighter for freedom" or an Islamic terrorist they couldn't arrest him?
Maybe, they would have arrested him. Depends on what their special services had decided to do. But I hope you arent trying to compare this kind of passengers with Protasevich.

Nobody cares.

Maybe, they would have arrested him. Depends on what their special services had decided to do.
Yes. Keyword is "their" (German). Not Ukrainian, not Belorussian, even not American. In 2020 more than 300 Neo-Naxies (or "political opponents of Merkel") were arrested. Do you think, that if they found a link between them and, say, Russia, they would allowed him to continue his flight?

But I hope you arent trying to compare this kind of passengers with Protasevich.
Why not? He obviously is a Neo-Nazi. He obviously was a coordinator of illegal meetings and civil unrests. He obviously was a member of a Neo-Nazi battalion. According statements of the LPR prosecutor, he is also a terrorist and murderer of Lugansk civilians.
Anyway, it is non of our business. It is the business of Belorussia only.

Nobody cares.

Maybe, they would have arrested him. Depends on what their special services had decided to do.
Yes. Keyword is "their" (German). Not Ukrainian, not Belorussian, even not American. In 2020 more than 300 Neo-Naxies (or "political opponents of Merkel") were arrested. Do you think, that if they found a link between them and, say, Russia, they would allowed him to continue his flight?

But I hope you arent trying to compare this kind of passengers with Protasevich.
Why not? He obviously is a Neo-Nazi. He obviously was a coordinator of illegal meetings and civil unrests. He obviously was a member of a Neo-Nazi battalion. According statements of the LPR prosecutor, he is also a terrorist and murderer of Lugansk civilians.
Dude, that is a pointless conversation. You think that Lukashenko is being punished unfairly? Okay, it is your right to think so. I have a right to disagree. I think that his regime is resembling the theater of absurd. And he personally is responsible for that. He should have stepped down some time ago and maybe he would have been a respected person, at least in his country. He has made his choice.

Nobody cares.

Dude, that is a pointless conversation. You think that Lukashenko is being punished unfairly?
Of course no. Almost everything is fair in the international realations. "Might is right", you know. He has right to ground EU jets, the EU has right don't allow their jets to fly over Belorussia. Issue is that Europeans are acting foolly. They just push Belorussia (and Ukraine, too) towards Russia.

Okay, it is your right to think so. I have a right to disagree. I think that his regime is resembling the theater of absurd. And he personally is responsible for that. He should have stepped down some time ago and maybe he would have been a respected person, at least in his country. He has made his choice.
Do you think, that Biden-Harris regime is not a theater of absurd? Do you think, that Macron or Merkel are lesser clowns than Zelenskiy?

Of course no. Almost everything is fair in the international realations. "Might is right", you know. He has right to ground EU jets, the EU has right don't allow their jets to fly over Belorussia. Issue is that Europeans are acting foolly. They just push Belorussia (and Ukraine, too) towards Russia
They just recognize the situation on the ground. It is impossible to push Belorussia toward Russia, because she is already in the Russian sphere and she is a lost cause. The only way Belorussia can go is more and more closer integration with Russia. The fate of Belorussia is being decided in Moscow. And the Europeans understand that.

About Ukraine.. Who knows? I dont exclude that Ukraine will get back under Russia's influence. The most interesting thing is that almost everything depends on the Ukrainians themselves in this regard. If we will be able to create more or less effective state with stable economy and government, then Ukraine will exist as a sovereign state and pursue closer relations with Europe. But I am more and more becoming sceptical about the former.

you think, that Biden-Harris regime is not a theater of absurd? Do you think, that Macron or Merkel are lesser clowns than Zelenskiy
Yes, I do. I would dare to claim that the Slavic nations are inferior in comparison with West Europeans. And our theater of absurd is just pathetic.

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.

No one "grounded" anyone. The airport Berlin had helped an Ryanair aeroplane because an idiot - ¿was it one of the criminal idiots around Lukashenko's gang? - made a wrong bomb warning.

By the way:
-----
A freelance journalist working for Deutsche Welle (DW) was released on June 1 after spending 20 days in detention in Belarus, the German international broadcaster said.

DW quoted Alyaksandr Burakou as saying after his release that police guards in the detention facility where he was being held woke him up "twice a night every night" for checks that involved him getting completely naked.

Similar checks took place during the day, Burakou said, adding that he was also moved to a different cell every day.

The journalist also complained that the guards didn't provide him with a pillow, a blanket, or bed linen, as well as warm clothes or most of the food or personal belongings his relatives had brought him.

DW said Burakou went on a hunger strike, which he had to break off after seven days due to health problems.

Burakou was arrested on May 12 in the town of Mahileu, where he was supposed to report on a trial against an opposition politician, and later sentenced to 20 days in jail for "repeatedly participating in an unsanctioned demonstration within a year." The reporters rejected the charges.

Burakou's arrest and prosecution came amid unprecedented protests against authoritarian ruler Alyaksandr Lukashenka's claim of victory in a disputed presidential election in August 2020. Thousands of people, including dozens of journalists who covered the rallies, have been arrested in a violent crackdown on dissent. Rights groups say there is considerable evidence of torture being used by authorities on detainees.

DW's Director General Peter Limbourg welcomed Burakou's release from detention, but expressed concern that "there are growing concerns that the spiral of state violence against journalists keeps turning.

"It is becoming more and more probable that the regime in Belarus will try to silence the last independent voices in Belarus -- no matter with which means."

-----
Source: Deutsche Welle Reporter Released In Belarus After 20 Days In Jail

Last edited:

I remember in this context that we had arrested the Soviet leader Erich Honecker on reason of violation of different international laws and the human rights. It is said he had asked a Soviet secret service to help him to come free. And it is said they really had helped him by creating a cancer of his lever - and so indeed he came free on reason he had been unfit to stand trial.

If you take a look at this totally stupid unimportant gnome then you will find out that the fear everyone had under him was only a product of a cruel behavior of stupid institutions with stupid leaders.

Here another "master of fear", who tried to justify himselve. What an unbelievable Soviet idiot:

It's really unbelievable, how totally stupid and unimportant are all this "big masters of the universe" without authoritarian might. Hanna Ahrendt was so damned right when she spoke about the "banality of the evil". And sometimes it is nearly ununderstandable what are the problems in eliminateing such totally banal and evil people like Honecker, Mielke - or Lukashenko. What or who for heavens sake makes such assholes mighty? Drunken gods?

Last edited:
Of course no. Almost everything is fair in the international realations. "Might is right", you know. He has right to ground EU jets, the EU has right don't allow their jets to fly over Belorussia. Issue is that Europeans are acting foolly. They just push Belorussia (and Ukraine, too) towards Russia
They just recognize the situation on the ground. It is impossible to push Belorussia toward Russia, because she is already in the Russian sphere and she is a lost cause. The only way Belorussia can go is more and more closer integration with Russia. The fate of Belorussia is being decided in Moscow. And the Europeans understand that.
There is nothing impossible. And yes, pushing Russia towards China looks like mistake, too.
About Ukraine.. Who knows? I dont exclude that Ukraine will get back under Russia's influence. The most interesting thing is that almost everything depends on the Ukrainians themselves in this regard. If we will be able to create more or less effective state with stable economy and government, then Ukraine will exist as a sovereign state and pursue closer relations with Europe. But I am more and more becoming sceptical about the former.
In fact, almost nothing depends on the Ukrainians. The EU had a choice: to plunder Ukraine and get a little profit but right now, or invest money and get much more profit later.

you think, that Biden-Harris regime is not a theater of absurd? Do you think, that Macron or Merkel are lesser clowns than Zelenskiy
Yes, I do. I would dare to claim that the Slavic nations are inferior in comparison with West Europeans. And our theater of absurd is just pathetic.
Looks like a fatal mistake, made so many times by so many Europeans.

I remember in this context that we had arrested the Soviet leader Erich Honecker on reason of violation of different international laws and the human rights. It is said he had asked a Soviet secret service to help him to come free. And it is said they really had helped him by creating a cancer of his lever - and so indeed he came free on reason he had been unfit to stand trial.

If you take a look at this totally stupid unimportant gnome then you will find out that the fear everyone had under him was only a product of a cruel behavior of stupid institutions with stupid leaders.

Here another "master of fear", who tried to justify himselve. What an unbelievable Soviet idiot:

It's really unbelievable, how totally stupid and unimportant are all this "big masters of the universe" without authoritarian might. Hanna Ahrendt was so damned right when she spoke about the "banality of the evil". And sometimes it is nearly ununderstandable what are the problems in eliminateing such totally banal and evil people like Honecker, Mielke - or Lukashenko. What or who for heavens sake makes such assholes mighty? Drunken gods?

Hey, some people can successfully convert their political skills in something economical.
"Money talks, BS walks"

BREAKING : Ryanair sent a Belarusian journalist Raman Pratasevich to certain death.

Looks like pro - Moscow strap Lukasenka (having Moscow behiand ) moves up in this crimes against civil society

"
A Belarusian journalist who is wanted by the government of Alyaksandr Lukashenka was arrested after the plane he was traveling on made an unscheduled landing in Minsk on May 23 after what appears to have been a false bomb threat.

Raman Pratasevich was taken away by police shortly after the Ryanair flight, which was on a scheduled route from Athens to Vilnius, landed in the Belarusian capital.

It wasn't Ryanair. They have to obey the laws of the countries they're flying through.

It was the Belorussians who did this.

If anyone is to be sacrificed it's better it be one rather than a plane load if shot down.

Hey, some people can successfully convert their political skills in something economical.
"Money talks, BS walks"

no comment

There is nothing impossible. And yes, pushing Russia towards China looks like mistake, too
Maybe, but 'not pushing' means that the West should recognize Russia's dominant role in Belorussia, Ukraine and Moldova, the Caucasus region, Central Asia. Maybe the Balkans too.

In fact, almost nothing depends on the Ukrainians. The EU had a choice: to plunder Ukraine and get a little profit but right now, or invest money and get much more profit later
You can't invest money and expect profit later if your money will just evaporate due to rampant corruption and mismanagement.

Forum List

Back