[BREAKING] Shots Fired on Capitol Hill

She threw a secret service agent over the front of her car at the white house. there has been no video released of it. Once you turn your car into a weapon you are armed and dangerous. Then when you drive through an area like the Capitol Mall at 80 MPH you are endangering more people.

The Police took the appropriate actions.

I would rather dodge a speeding car than a speeding bullet.

She threw a secret service agent over the front of her car at the white house. there has been no video released of it. Once you turn your car into a weapon you are armed and dangerous. Then when you drive through an area like the Capitol Mall at 80 MPH you are endangering more people.

I got the impression she sped away after they pulled their guns on her and her kid and started shooting at them. Are you sure the secret service agent was thrown over the car and did not jump on it? Would like to hear more about what happened before jumping to conclusions either way. I've seen girls freak out and drive away when a bunch of men come at their car... I would imagine the same would happen if they are pointing guns. Your reaction might be to put your hands up and pray they don't kill you. Other people might hit the gas and duck.

From what we saw And what has been reported there were no shots fired at the White house. She crashed through one barrier and couldn't get through a second. At some point at the white house a secret service agent was thrown across the front of her car (No other info given). She sped away with Capitol police in pursuit, Near the front of the Capitol she was almost stoped and got away, 5 or 6 shots were fired at this time.

2 blocks later she was killed. No clue if she was stopped, wrecked or how many shots were fired.

She was upset over being denied a disabled parking place. She had a valid disabled placard, but was obviously not disabled. There was one parking place for disabled people and he dentist wanted it kept for people who couldn't walk.

She was entitled. Like the Navy Yard Shooter, she was entitled and it drove her over the edge.

She was upset over being denied a disabled parking place. She had a valid disabled placard, but was obviously not disabled. There was one parking place for disabled people and he dentist wanted it kept for people who couldn't walk.

She was entitled. Like the Navy Yard Shooter, she was entitled and it drove her over the edge.

I guess so.

She was driving an Infiniti. Owned her condo--which is neither here nor there when it comes to mental illness or a brain injury.

Several times I have heard those with expertise in brain injuries say that if the section of the brain that controls emotions is damaged the individual is more likely to become angry, argumentative and volatile.

And back to square one--what can be done?

I guess so.

She was driving an Infiniti. Owned her condo--which is neither here nor there when it comes to mental illness or a brain injury.

Several times I have heard those with expertise in brain injuries say that if the section of the brain that controls emotions is damaged the individual is more likely to become angry, argumentative and volatile.

And back to square one--what can be done?

I treated a lot of traumatic brain injuries in veterans. The drug of choice is Depakote because of the calming effect. Most people find that difficult to take if they work, though, due to the dulling effects of it. A person who was trying to work would have difficulty being sharp enough on the job. But mine were generally disabled. Depakote is the gold standard for traumatic brain injury. Antipsychotics are second but should not really be given unless the person is psychotic. Even if he/she is not psychotic, if they have trouble with Depakote, a soothing antipsychotic like Zyprexa, Geodon, or Seroquel can be used. But those all have metabolic side effects and the person generally becomes diabetic. When you practice psychiatry you try not to trade one major problem for another major problem. Lithium is sometimes used for aggression, but it isn't the greatest for traumatic brain injury. The first thing you need with a traumatic brain injury is someone with education and expertise treating you. You can also use the weaker anti seizure meds like Gabapentin, or Topiramate They aren't very strong and they make you stupid. We called them 'the stupid drugs.'

Last edited:

People would say that about me as well because my legs are fine. But I have a heart and lung problem which makes me unable to walk very far. I have a handicapped tag and use it when I grocery shop. I should use the scooters, but they are always taken by fat people.

I got the impression she sped away after they pulled their guns on her and her kid and started shooting at them. Are you sure the secret service agent was thrown over the car and did not jump on it? Would like to hear more about what happened before jumping to conclusions either way. I've seen girls freak out and drive away when a bunch of men come at their car... I would imagine the same would happen if they are pointing guns. Your reaction might be to put your hands up and pray they don't kill you. Other people might hit the gas and duck.

From what we saw And what has been reported there were no shots fired at the White house. She crashed through one barrier and couldn't get through a second. At some point at the white house a secret service agent was thrown across the front of her car (No other info given). She sped away with Capitol police in pursuit, Near the front of the Capitol she was almost stoped and got away, 5 or 6 shots were fired at this time.

2 blocks later she was killed. No clue if she was stopped, wrecked or how many shots were fired.

On the tape I'm watching I see her barely touch a pilon with her car then carefully back up and drive away as half a dozen cops pull weapons and aim at her and her kid. Then I hear shots on the tape as she's pulling away.

On the tape I'm watching I see her barely touch a pilon with her car then carefully back up and drive away as half a dozen cops pull weapons and aim at her and her kid. Then I hear shots on the tape as she's pulling away.
Mental illness is awful. She hits a police officer with a lethal weapon (her nice pretty car), and surrounded by police cars, she dents a few of their fenders and drives away disconnected from the deeds she had just done.

Sucks, but according to some she was looking for trouble when she broached White House barricades by crashing through them. That's why they're there. The first family needs to be protected from people who'd run over a cop on the fly. What if one of the first daughters had been on the grounds, and she'd made it through the maze of barricades? That's not something I'd care to read about. I've seen enough of presidential funerals. Burying the child of a president would not be a good lesson for the nation right now. Especially when the perpetrator has been nagged by injury, job loss, postpartum depression, and recurring psychotic episodes, and more than what happened is made of the event.

Unfortunately for the mentally ill, the same rule applies that applies to everybody else: "Your rights stop at my nose."

I'm not sure this was an overreaction.

You don't know if she had a bomb in her car, you don't know if she had a gun. All you know is that she seemed pretty intent on doing some damage, and not caring who she took out in the process.

Of course, there should be a review of this incident, but frankly, this looks like a righteous shoot to me.

My question is, why didn't this woman get the medical attention she needed a long time ago?

We also know there was a child in the car, and that the only people who ever fired were the cops. We also know that the only cops injured were injured by running into security barriers.

Imagine if an American soldier did something analogous to this in a war zone. Hell....he might be facing court martial and a death sentence. If I recall correctly, under Bushy they did court martial some under similar circumstances.

Apparently the rules of engagement in a war zone, are much tougher than in DC.

While the Obama slavish media ignores...CRAZY.

Not to mention that, from the video I saw, no one fired a shot until after she drove away.

We should disarm cops.
Nobody needs a gun!!

Clearly that lady needed one to defend her life against the mob of shooters that were chasing after her to kill her.

They were not trying to kill her, until she tried to kill them.

Drive your car at cops, they shoot you.
Don't tell me, they could have shot out the tires!!

A car can still drive with flat tires though.

I blame the tea party.

They jumped out in front of her car, pointed guns at her, and she still managed to get away without hitting any of them. They didn't fire a single shot until she was driving away, yet you claim they acted in self defense.

She did? I haven't heard that, but I am not on the "Defend cops all the time" mailing list.

The latest information is that she was hearing voices, in a delusional state.

I suppose the investigation will take weeks, months but it has already been noted that any security officials involved had no way of knowing if the car contained explosives or what the intent of the driver ultimately was.

The reports I heard is that hit a barricade on the outer perimeters of the WH--not certain of the exact response--but presume that LE responded in some manner and she sped away.

I must be out of the loop to think that shooting at a bomb is a good idea, especially when you are standing less than 20 feet away from it.

It might have been a bomb does not excuse the the cops from liability. If it did, they could shoot anyone walking down the street on the grounds that they might have a bomb up their ass. XXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

I suppose the investigation will take weeks, months but it has already been noted that any security officials involved had no way of knowing if the car contained explosives or what the intent of the driver ultimately was.

The reports I heard is that hit a barricade on the outer perimeters of the WH--not certain of the exact response--but presume that LE responded in some manner and she sped away.

I must be out of the loop to think that shooting at a bomb is a good idea, especially when you are standing less than 20 feet away from it.

It might have been a bomb does not excuse the the cops from liability. If it did, they could shoot anyone walking down the street on the grounds that they might have a bomb up their ass. XXXXXXX

I am a woman, in my sixties--and I take great offense at your remark.

I wasn't defending the actions---merely reporting what I had heard.
I understand that some people frequent these threads to 'debate'--others, including myself, are here to discuss.

Either way--a remark such as yours is out of line and shrug--do what you please, you have definitely made an impression on me. Unfavorable--to say the least. Not someone who has an opinion of any substance. A crude sort of person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed, but it isn't funny. Our government will kill you for any or no reason.

These black folks are getting out of control.

Black male shoots up Navy Yard.

Black bikers harass and then beat a white SUV owner.

Now a black female tries running threw the Barrycades.

I want to know WHY the cops didn't shoot her tires out before she could flee the scene in her car??? Were they afraid of being called "racists?"

Fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of a blackwoman. They were out for blood.

These black folks are getting out of control.

Black male shoots up Navy Yard.

Black bikers harass and then beat a white SUV owner.

Now a black female tries running threw the Barrycades.

I want to know WHY the cops didn't shoot her tires out before she could flee the scene in her car??? Were they afraid of being called "racists?"

It looks like they could have stopped her without killing her.

When I was in DC, my friend told me that if you are driving right next to the presidential limo on the interstate and you don't drop back they will just shoot you.

Umm, his limo is bulletproof. :lol:

It might have been a bomb does not excuse the the cops from liability. If it did, they could shoot anyone walking down the street on the grounds that they might have a bomb up their ass. If you cannot defend their actions with a real argument, shut the fuck up.

I am a woman, in my sixties--and I take great offense at your remark.

I wasn't defending the actions---merely reporting what I had heard.
I understand that some people frequent these threads to 'debate'--others, including myself, are here to discuss.

Either way--a remark such as yours is out of line and shrug--do what you please, you have definitely made an impression on me. Unfavorable--to say the least. Not someone who has an opinion of any substance. A crude sort of person.

If you are offended by police shooting people because they might have a bomb up their ass take it out on the government, not me.

Sounds like it's an outside incident that spilled into that area. Doesn't look like an attack on the Capitol. Still early obviously, but it looks like an outside crime moving into that area.

This started at the White House...she tried to ram barriers there, then when she was being chased she did the same at the Capital. For it to involve the WH and the Capital seems there's more to it.

With all those crazed cops flocking around her, she must have been paralyzed with fear (as well as panic). SHE was only looking for any opening to stop her car, rest a sec and surrender. Someone in that condition would not in all eternity think of just stopping in the middle of the street.

Forum List

Back