[BREAKING] Shots Fired on Capitol Hill

My grandfather was able to eat his lunch on the WH lawn during WW2. No gates, no barricades, no fences, no constant platoons of capitol police.

70 years later and we can't get near the place without going through layers of security and more layers of security.

Pathetic that we allow it.

I am reasonably sure that this incident will be more heavily scrutizined than most Use of Force Investigations in most big city police departments.

But based on WHAT WE KNOW, the police were perfectly justified in shooting.

They did NOT know if she was trying to break past the barricades because she had a trunk full of high explosives and was trying to take out the White HOuse or Congress.

They did know she was willing to kill people to get where she wanted to go.

Those barricades are designed to prevent any vehicle larger than a motorcycle from passing through. What. Was her car going to take flight? :lol:

So you think that these cops should have waited for her to figure it out and THEN detonated her explosives before taking action, with hundreds of civilians and members of Congress in teh blast area?

Really? Really?

Or do you guys just have some kind of reflex where you need to criticize anything the government does?

You act like she had a nuclear device. :laugh:

Maybe they didn't know she was black before they shot?

My grandfather was able to eat his lunch on the WH lawn during WW2. No gates, no barricades, no fences, no constant platoons of capitol police.

70 years later and we can't get near the place without going through layers of security and more layers of security.

And since WWII, one president was assassinated, one was wounded during an assassination attempt, and fifteen other attempts that failed.

List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those barricades are designed to prevent any vehicle larger than a motorcycle from passing through. What. Was her car going to take flight? :lol:

So you think that these cops should have waited for her to figure it out and THEN detonated her explosives before taking action, with hundreds of civilians and members of Congress in teh blast area?

Really? Really?

Or do you guys just have some kind of reflex where you need to criticize anything the government does?

You can fit enough C-4 in the trunk of a car to make a pretty impressive bomb.

Three were assassinated before WW2 and there were any number of assassinations. That's still wasn't an excuse to turn DC into some impenetrable fortress that the serfs have to admire from afar. It is ours after all.

And since WWII, one president was assassinated, one was wounded during an assassination attempt, and fifteen other attempts that failed.

List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there were two presidential assassinations BEFORE WWII and one attempt. Most attempts are not at the White House.

Really? Really?

You can fit enough C-4 in the trunk of a car to make a pretty impressive bomb.

Really? Tell us all about explosives and how you would use them at the White House.

By crashing through one barrier at the White House what do you think it proves? Are you that stupid? Really?

I didn't think it proves anything, but I guess you didn't have any point. :eusa_whistle:

They are designed to stop vehicles, but one that got through is the flaw in the design, but someone crashing through one of those cement barriers is going to have scrambled eggs on the brain. Not a threat at all.

Three were assassinated before WW2 and there were any number of assassinations. That's still wasn't an excuse to turn DC into some impenetrable fortress that the serfs have to admire from afar. It is ours after all.

You mean providing safety for the people there isn't important due to some sense of "ownership".

Get real, we live in a security society. We have metal detectors at schools, we have security guards in most buildings.

Maybe we wouldn't need all this security if we didn't have so many guns out there, but somehow, I don't think you are going to go for that solution, either.

You mean providing safety for the people there isn't important due to some sense of "ownership".

Get real, we live in a security society. We have metal detectors at schools, we have security guards in most buildings.

Maybe we wouldn't need all this security if we didn't have so many guns out there, but somehow, I don't think you are going to go for that solution, either.

Actually s0n....the way it actually works is if there were a lot less guns we'd need far, far more police and security. As usual.....you're doing it wrong s0n.:up:

Does Owning Guns Reduce Crime?

Many people believe that owning guns only increases the amount of crime. However, a recent study published in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy concluded that there is a negative correlation between gun ownership and violent crime in countries internationally. In other words, the more guns the less crime. The study showed that nations with strict gun control laws have substantially higher murder rates than those who do not. In fact, the 9 European nations with the lowest gun ownership rate have a combined murder rate that is three times that of the nine European nations with the highest gun ownership rate.

Having a society with more guns appears to not only reduce violent crime and keep citizens safe, but also dissuades dangerous criminals from wanting to approach people with guns. According to the study, three out of five polled felons say that they won't mess with an armed victim.

Here is the whole paper from the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy >>>>>

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

FunnyScienceFair13-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

By crashing through one barrier at the White House what do you think it proves? Are you that stupid? Really?

I didn't think it proves anything, but I guess you didn't have any point. :eusa_whistle:

They are designed to stop vehicles, but one that got through is the flaw in the design, but someone crashing through one of those cement barriers is going to have scrambled eggs on the brain. Not a threat at all.

No one crashed through anything.

Forum List

Back