[BREAKING] Shots Fired on Capitol Hill

By crashing through one barrier at the White House what do you think it proves? Are you that stupid? Really?

I didn't think it proves anything, but I guess you didn't have any point. :eusa_whistle:

They are designed to stop vehicles, but one that got through is the flaw in the design, but someone crashing through one of those cement barriers is going to have scrambled eggs on the brain. Not a threat at all.

No one crashed through anything.

Oh really?

From what we saw And what has been reported there were no shots fired at the White house. She crashed through one barrier and couldn't get through a second. At some point at the white house a secret service agent was thrown across the front of her car (No other info given). She sped away with Capitol police in pursuit, Near the front of the Capitol she was almost stoped and got away, 5 or 6 shots were fired at this time.

2 blocks later she was killed. No clue if she was stopped, wrecked or how many shots were fired.

Which one is it? :exclaim:

Three were assassinated before WW2 and there were any number of assassinations. That's still wasn't an excuse to turn DC into some impenetrable fortress that the serfs have to admire from afar. It is ours after all.

You mean providing safety for the people there isn't important due to some sense of "ownership".

Get real, we live in a security society. We have metal detectors at schools, we have security guards in most buildings.

Maybe we wouldn't need all this security if we didn't have so many guns out there, but somehow, I don't think you are going to go for that solution, either.

There's taking proper precautions and building necessary security...and then there's going overboard with it. Secret Service, okay. Shutting down huge chunks of DC and making public buildings inaccessible, not okay.

I didn't think it proves anything, but I guess you didn't have any point. :eusa_whistle:

They are designed to stop vehicles, but one that got through is the flaw in the design, but someone crashing through one of those cement barriers is going to have scrambled eggs on the brain. Not a threat at all.

Oh really?

From what we saw And what has been reported there were no shots fired at the White house. She crashed through one barrier and couldn't get through a second. At some point at the white house a secret service agent was thrown across the front of her car (No other info given). She sped away with Capitol police in pursuit, Near the front of the Capitol she was almost stoped and got away, 5 or 6 shots were fired at this time.

2 blocks later she was killed. No clue if she was stopped, wrecked or how many shots were fired.

How about you just go back to sleep sheep.

Secret Service agents and Capitol Police officers fired shots during the Thursday afternoon encounter, which began when Carey — in a black Infiniti with her 1-year-old daughter — rammed a White House barricade and was pursued by police toward the Capitol during a high-speed chase.

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said she was confident after the shooting that Carey's actions were "not an accident," but the department's internal affairs division is investigating as part of standard protocol.

Carey struck a Secret Service agent with her car at the White House and reversed her vehicle into a police car, authorities say. A Capitol Police officer was also injured. Both are expected to recover.

Use of force to be studied in DC police chase

Well, I was right. The MSM dropped this story pretty dang quick.
Good. I turned off news last night fed up with the entire scenario of taking a mental patient's public meltdown national. I watched different channels trying to give all the alternative views they could. They were actually worse than I've ever seen them. I'm glad they dropped the hot potato.

The issue is a:

:banana2:

Oh really?

How about you just go back to sleep sheep.

BTW It's possible the car hit the barrier and skimmied over. She was going 80MPH at one point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3617loZ0k]Raw DC Police Car Slams Into Automatic Barriers At Capitol Hill !! - YouTube[/ame]

[

Actually s0n....the way it actually works is if there were a lot less guns we'd need far, far more police and security. As usual.....you're doing it wrong s0n.:up:

Really.

In Japan, they only have 77,000 privately owned firearms for 110,000,000 people.

They only had 11 firearm murders and 582 total homicides.

Tokyo Police only had to DRAW their weapons about 5 times a year.

Sorry, we are doing it wrong.

Three were assassinated before WW2 and there were any number of assassinations. That's still wasn't an excuse to turn DC into some impenetrable fortress that the serfs have to admire from afar. It is ours after all.

You mean providing safety for the people there isn't important due to some sense of "ownership".

Get real, we live in a security society. We have metal detectors at schools, we have security guards in most buildings.

Maybe we wouldn't need all this security if we didn't have so many guns out there, but somehow, I don't think you are going to go for that solution, either.

There's taking proper precautions and building necessary security...and then there's going overboard with it. Secret Service, okay. Shutting down huge chunks of DC and making public buildings inaccessible, not okay.

Not sure what your point is here. Frankly, you are kind of sounding a bit paranoid. What buildings besides those with legitimate security concerns are "inaccessable". People can tour the White House, they can Tour Congress.

Really.

In Japan, they only have 77,000 privately owned firearms for 110,000,000 people.

Whats Japans black and hispanic population like?

Really.

Tsk, tsk, tsk..

You know, you can go on about race all day, but guns are the problem, not race.

Really.

Tsk, tsk, tsk..

You know, you can go on about race all day, but guns are the problem, not race.
And you're from Chicago?

It just might be worth it for Carey's family to sue the government. They have a good case. If they win, the Fed's gonna be paying through the nose. :lol:

It just might be worth it for Carey's family to sue the government. They have a good case. If they win, the Fed's gonna be paying through the nose. :lol:

The Federal Government can only be sued if it ALLOWS itself to be sued.

And I think her family might have a hard time explaining why they left her alone with a toddler when she was batshit crazy.

It could be better than the Zimmerman trial though. :bow3:

The Federal Government can only be sued if it ALLOWS itself to be sued.

And I think her family might have a hard time explaining why they left her alone with a toddler when she was batshit crazy.

It could be better than the Zimmerman trial though. :bow3:

Not really. Frankly, the evidence would be that they followed procedure, and this woman was insane.

Not that it would ever get to trial.

Criminals are the problem, not guns.........

Yeah well in this case it appears the problem was a bunch trigger happy cops that were evidently incapable of pinning the car of a bad driver to pylons with half a dozen squad cars while she was parked on one of the pylons. They appeared to be more interested in shooting her than helping her.

Forum List

Back