BREAKING: Speaker Boehner to Retire from Congress

I think it is a good thing. Bad timing with the Pope getting ready to speak. Seems someone leaked it to the press after a meeting this morning. He will be announcing it shortly.

The day after the Pope addresses Congress, the obviously conscience-struggling Boehner calls it quits in House Leadership. Coincidence? I think not.

The report I heard said he'd already announced it to his staff, and that he'd announce publicly later.

One report indicates he's not only departing from the Speakership, but from the House. We'll see.

Boehner (R-OH) was a well meaning but ineffectual leader; not very good at herding cats.

I don't think you Liberals know whats coming.

Good.
It's a sure bet that you don't. What coming next is that Boehner is going to cut a deal with Democrats, there will be no government shutdown, and he won't be worried about standing for re-election as leader. He's saying: fuck you and good bye to the extremists in the GOP.

Wonder who Kasich will appoint to replace him?
^^^ Another political moron.

Speakers aren't appointed, dumbass, they are elected by House members, which will take place while our great president is still in office.
^^^^

I was referring to his House seat, dumbass

Didn't you wonder why I asked who Kasich would appoint to replace him?

Or did that go in one ear and out the other.

(due to lack of any obstructions)

Another stinking progressive bites the dust...hip hip hurray!!!!

Now he can enjoy his booze and tears on his enormous pension...or become a lobbyist on K Street and make even more money.

I don't think you Liberals know whats coming.

Good.
It's a sure bet that you don't. What coming next is that Boehner is going to cut a deal with Democrats, there will be no government shutdown, and he won't be worried about standing for re-election as leader. He's saying: fuck you and good bye to the extremists in the GOP.
Good guy boehner.

Wonder who Kasich will appoint to replace him?
^^^ Another political moron.

Speakers aren't appointed, dumbass, they are elected by House members, which will take place while our great president is still in office.
Wow are you fucking stupid.
He didnt mean as Speaker, dumbass. He meant as Congressman from Ohio.
Wow, a new low in stupidity for this site.

meeting with the pope must have sparked the remainder of a conscience in him
"your thoughts betray you, Boehner. i feel the good in you, the conflict."

seriously though, i think that he didn't have the stomach to deal with the tantrums the gop was going to throw in the coming months and realized after meeting with and hearing the pope that the best choice for him was to resign and hope new leadership can reign in the crazy a little bit.

Forum List

Back