BREAKING: Speaker Boehner to Retire from Congress

The report I heard said he'd already announced it to his staff, and that he'd announce publicly later.

One report indicates he's not only departing from the Speakership, but from the House. We'll see.

Boehner (R-OH) was a well meaning but ineffectual leader; not very good at herding cats.
He's got an attack of conscience. That's what this is about. The Pope spoke to his soul and Boehner snapped. It means there's still hope for the guy. This is good news.

Another stinking progressive bites the dust...hip hip hurray!!!!

Now he can enjoy his booze and tears on his enormous pension...or become a lobbyist on K Street and make even more money.
Have you wondered why Republicans are now only 20% of registered voters?

Why are Republicans such quitters? Sarah Palin, John Boehner, Larry Craig, Eric Cantor...

It's a long list of conservatives unwilling to respect the oath they took, with their hands on the bible.
You would be well to use your hands to pull your Messiahs member out yo butt.

Wonder who Kasich will appoint to replace him?
^^^ Another political moron.

Speakers aren't appointed, dumbass, they are elected by House members, which will take place while our great president is still in office.
^^^^

I was referring to his House seat, dumbass

Didn't you wonder why I asked who Kasich would appoint to replace him?

Or did that go in one ear and out the other.

(due to lack of any obstructions)
He'll appoint another Republican, of course, only this one will have no seniority, no pull, no influence.
Happy days!

A good thing, unless someone even more sympathetic to the Democrats is elevated.

So much for shutting the government down, wingers!

No way he's gonna let that be his legacy. If they end up doing it, they'll have to wait until December, at least.
Sorry, dipshit.

Shutting down the government favors the Democrats.....so Republicans aren't interested.
oh, but a good many of them are. you're right, it doesn't help the republican party as a whole, but it does help certain members.

Forum List

Back