BREAKING: Trump To Be Arrested Next Week

You're the one saying I should argue with whom I'm aligned. From my perspective, that leaves you as the one who's not very bright.

iu

Our liberals are having orgasms at the mere thought of seeing President Trump being perp walked or in cuffs or having his arrest processing photos shared.

I suspect that even a political partisan hack like Bragg will allow cooler heads to prevail. There will be no cuffs. There will be no perp walk. It should be a matter of arranging a surrender to the authorities without that nonsense.

But I’m much more confident that — eventually — the arrest processing paperwork will be handed over eagerly to the media.
Just reposting this to show how right I was.

Our liberals are having orgasms at the mere thought of seeing President Trump being perp walked or in cuffs or having his arrest processing photos shared.

I suspect that even a political partisan hack like Bragg will allow cooler heads to prevail. There will be no cuffs. There will be no perp walk. It should be a matter of arranging a surrender to the authorities without that nonsense.

But I’m much more confident that — eventually — the arrest processing paperwork will be handed over eagerly to the media.
Why would you think there should be some two tiered system of justice that would give preferential treatment to Trump?
If convicted shouldn't he be treated just like any other multiple felon in the U.S.?

Why would you think there should be some two tiered system of justice that would give preferential treatment to Trump?
If convicted shouldn't he be treated just like any other multiple felon in the U.S.?
I know Trump committed offenses that are very hard to ignore (that's why he committed them) - but we'd all be better off if they were. Criminal convictions of political opponents is bad mojo, and should only be done when there is clear consensus on the matter. When that consensus isn't there, partisan prosecutions (no matter the merits of the case) will harm the nation. They will further divide us and further erode trust in the system.

I know Trump committed offenses that are very hard to ignore (that's why he committed them) - but we'd all be better off if they were. Criminal convictions of political opponents is bad mojo, and should only be done when there is clear consensus on the matter. When that consensus isn't there, partisan prosecutions (no matter the merits of the case) will harm the nation. They will further divide us and further erode trust in the system.
So you are saying popular candidates can break any laws they want?

Our legal system is based on established law, not popularity.

I don’t think it’s even possible for there to be a clear consensus. It’s far too divided and tribal for that to happen now.

Consensus. Interesting. So we now decide guilt or innocence by public perception instead of a structured trial according to established precedence and law? Because that is what Consensus means.

It would be cheaper. Instead of trials and attorneys examining every nuance and detail we could just put out propaganda. Serial killers could scream persecution and be released. As long as they look honest and nice I suppose. We could hold a poll. And the results would be done in a few days instead of months or even years. But how could someone appeal?

I read a news story a couple days ago. The Appeals Court had ordered a new trial with a different Judge. The presiding Judge had said on the record that the Defendant “looked like a criminal”.

That comment made off the cuff. It created the image of prejudice and prejudicial behavior is not allowed. The Appeals Court is ordering another trial.

Do I think the defendant is guilty? Probably. Do I think he will be found guilty in the next trial? Probably. Do I think the trial being done over is a good thing? Absolutely.

I want Trump to have every possible chance at the trial, all the trials. I want him to have good lawyers who argue every point. I want that for everyone accused of a crime.

I don’t want the law to become a popularity contest.

Consensus. Interesting. So we now decide guilt or innocence by public perception instead of a structured trial according to established precedence and law? Because that is what Consensus means.
By "consensus" I meant something not strictly partisan. And this will be perceived as strictly partisan, which will be very bad for the country as a whole.

By "consensus" I meant something not strictly partisan. And this will be perceived as strictly partisan, which will be very bad for the country as a whole.

Jack Smith was appointed as the acting US Attorney for Tennessee by Donald Trump.

So I’m not sure how Partisan it can be when he worked under Trump for several months.

That’s the real problem. We are not dealing in facts. Or truth. We are dealing in Propaganda. That is never a good basis for an opinion. Much less a decision.

Jack Smith was appointed as the acting US Attorney for Tennessee by Donald Trump.

So I’m not sure how Partisan it can be when he worked under Trump for several months.

That’s the real problem. We are not dealing in facts. Or truth. We are dealing in Propaganda. That is never a good basis for an opinion. Much less a decision.
I agree. But still, it will be perceived as partisan. Moreover the crimes won't be perceived, by Republicans, as serious enough to warrant all the fuss. The whole mess is going to throw gasoline on the partisan fire. Possibly irreparably.

I agree. But still, it will be perceived as partisan. Moreover the crimes won't be perceived, by Republicans, as serious enough to warrant all the fuss. The whole mess is going to throw gasoline on the partisan fire. Possibly irreparably.
Trying to appease the crazy right wingers is what allowed us to get so divided. Fuck them. Time to get back to reality based government.

Trying to appease the crazy right wingers is what allowed us to get so divided. Fuck them. Time to get back to reality based government.
Pretending that you can "win", and the half of the country that hates you will just go away, that they'll just knuckle under and do as they're told, is the height of partisan hubris. Regardless of who wins, the other side will still be there. You can't just tell them to fuck off because you got 51% of the vote.

Pretending that you can "win", and the half of the country that hates you will just go away, that they'll just knuckle under and do as they're told, is the height of partisan hubris. Regardless of who wins, the other side will still be there. You can't just tell them to fuck off because you got 51% of the vote.
Really? Well check this out
FUCK OFF!!

No.

Time for National Divorce.

You've proven that you will not communicate honestly and in good faith, so get your asses on the other side of the wall and stay there.

The thing is, they never get anything close to 51% of any vote without cheating.

They will not act in good faith.

National Divorce.

Forum List

Back