BREAKING: U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara has just been FIRED

I think NK could be the one to launch the Super EMP (that was tested in Iran) but if not Iran would be the second possibility because they can launch one from off our coast (international waters) and hit us dead center (of the country) knocking out any chance of response once we get hit by land, by sea and by air.
A possibility, but the results would be adverse for the DPRK and the, literally, fallout would be bad for China. I'm curious on how tight a rein China has on Kim.

Same goes for Iran. Their nuclear program seems more geared to defense than attack since if they attacked Israel or the US, the results would be apocalyptic for them.

2017 continues to be a fascinating year in US history and we are all here to see it!
The old Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.
Yes!

About 5 years ago my (then) 18 year old niece was complaining "My life is boring. I wish something exciting would happen".

I said "No you don't. Boring is good. Excitement is overrated. After you scare the shit out of yourself a few times, you'll know what I mean."

"Former President Bill Clinton fired all 93 in a single day. " This is from an acceptable source, not an alt right or far right or libertarian crazy source.

Fardon Among 46 US Attorneys Asked to Resign

Accepting to whom? You? Me? Not so much.
Acceptable to normal Americans.

A left wing newspaper in a left wing city... <sarc>Uh-huh. They just have to be unbiased </sarc>

Acceptable to normal Americans=Democrats only. They believe that they are the ONLY true and "normal" Americans.

58c44f231e00002a0077f390.jpeg

Last year, Bharara said Trump had asked him to stay on in his position.

Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and one of the most high profile federal prosecutors in the country said he had been fired Saturday after refusing to resign his post.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he’s a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I’d be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara said in November. “We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

Though it is within his power to dismiss Bharara, doing so at this juncture contains political peril for Trump, to the extent that it suggests he’s immunizing himself from potential investigations. The Southern District of New York ― Bharara’s jurisdiction ― includes Trump Towers, the home and office of Trump and the headquarters of his presidential campaign.

More: After Refusing To Resign, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Trump Justice Department

Why exactly was he fired? Did it have to do with his investigations?

Same kind of questions were asked back in 1993 when Clinton fired ALL 93 US Attorneys and hardly anyone uttered a word.

Those weren't fired immediately on the spot. They were phased out over time. That's not the case with this week's action.

No....Reno asked for their immediate resignations...why? Because one of them was investigating White Water, the phony land deal that the clintons and their allies were using to make millions of illegl dollars....

58c44f231e00002a0077f390.jpeg

Last year, Bharara said Trump had asked him to stay on in his position.

Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, and one of the most high profile federal prosecutors in the country said he had been fired Saturday after refusing to resign his post.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he’s a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I’d be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara said in November. “We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

Though it is within his power to dismiss Bharara, doing so at this juncture contains political peril for Trump, to the extent that it suggests he’s immunizing himself from potential investigations. The Southern District of New York ― Bharara’s jurisdiction ― includes Trump Towers, the home and office of Trump and the headquarters of his presidential campaign.

More: After Refusing To Resign, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara Says He Was Fired By Trump Justice Department

Why exactly was he fired? Did it have to do with his investigations?

Same kind of questions were asked back in 1993 when Clinton fired ALL 93 US Attorneys and hardly anyone uttered a word.

Those weren't fired immediately on the spot. They were phased out over time. That's not the case with this week's action.

That is not true....

Replacing U.S. attorneys stretches back to Reagan

"On the issue of Clinton [U.S. attorneys], we called each one and had them give us a timeframe. Most were gone by late April. In contrast, Clinton [Justice Department] told all but a dozen in early March to be gone immediately," McNulty said.

Oh, did I hurt your widdle feelings by lumping you in with the other morons in this thread?
If I had called a liberal a moron in this thread....you know I would have got an infraction..... Prolly from this mod :rolleyes:

Why did Trump say he could stay back in November - and then fire him now?

Who Cares?

Political appointees serve "At the pleasure of the President". They are "At-Will" positions that can be terminated at any tine "Without Cause".

Bu-ra-ra-ra has political aspirations and can claim the he was "Fired By An Evil Republican". That is the reason, and only reason, he insisted on being fired.

Bharara is a left wing political hack.

The Dem's "Yeah but Trump..." "Yeah but investigating..." is all bullshit. The President (from either party) has every right, and there's precedent, to replace ANY political appointee from the counter party.

If you are asked to resign from your position in a company and given 2 weeks to vacate your office and you refuse, your CEO has every right to send security to your office to remove you immediately.

D'Souza on Bharara: He Worked as Obama 'Henchman' With 'Political Prosecution' Against Me

Leah Barkoukis

|
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 8:30 AM
2014-09-23T174041Z_1_LYNXNPEA8M0TQ_RTROPTP_3_USA-POLITICS-DSOUZA.JPG

Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza claimed Monday that he was targeted in his 2014 prosecution for political reasons and that former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara acted as a “henchman” for the Obama administration.

D’Souza told “Fox & Friends” that Bharara’s office had been blocking a congressional oversight committee from obtaining his case file but Congress has now received it. The document, he said, shows “a revealing window into Bharara’s way of doing business.”

“The first thing that's highlighted inside my case file is I’m a conservative. I am a prominent critic of the Obama administration. Now, this should be completely irrelevant in the decision about whether to prosecute me, it should be beside the point,” he said. “But, of course, in Bharara’s case it was the point. So, there is evidence in this case file and -- and there is a lot more that this was a political prosecution conducted by Bharara as the henchman for the Obama administration."

D'Souza on Bharara: He Worked as Obama 'Henchman' With 'Political Prosecution' Against Me

Forum List

Back