Breyer resigning, Biden to nominate USSC justice. (Poll)

Will Joe Biden's first pick for USSC justice be approved by the Senate?

• Yes

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

Would the group tend to agree with me about that?
Maybe ex-Baltimore DA Marylin Mosby. She's a lawyer, black, corrupt and a perfect fit for Biden.

Ok, so I'll try and see where you are heading with this...

1. Yes when it comes to childbirth, but of course a woman has a better understanding of that, and yes she can relay that in a way that helps a male hopefully understand her suffering during that event. And what does this have to do with law and justice specifically ????

2. Black people depending on their social climate, just as well as any color depending on their social climate, can otherwise definitely relay their thoughts and experiences better than someone living outside of their social climate in which they live in. Has nothing to do with color or gender.
Thank you for the direct answers. My point by asking those questions was to establish that there are areas in which woman have a unique understanding and perspective that men simply can not have. They have this because they are women and they experience things that men simply can not. The same is true for certain social issues. A white person can not understand what it is like growing up as a black person in America. Somebody who grew up in a wealthy family and has always been given everything can not understand what it is like to grow up poor etc.

The way it ties into our discussion is in the fact that womens issues and social issues primarily in the black community are significant issues that we deal with in our country. The SCOTUS is the highest court in the land and makes decisions about laws that deal with these issues. To have that court be the most qualified then it not only needs to have the best educated and experienced judges but it also needs to have people that have those unique perspectives and can bring real life understanding of the issues they will be judging.

Do you understand what I’m trying to say?

Thank you for the direct answers. My point by asking those questions was to establish that there are areas in which woman have a unique understanding and perspective that men simply can not have. They have this because they are women and they experience things that men simply can not. The same is true for certain social issues. A white person can not understand what it is like growing up as a black person in America. Somebody who grew up in a wealthy family and has always been given everything can not understand what it is like to grow up poor etc.

The way it ties into our discussion is in the fact that womens issues and social issues primarily in the black community are significant issues that we deal with in our country. The SCOTUS is the highest court in the land and makes decisions about laws that deal with these issues. To have that court be the most qualified then it not only needs to have the best educated and experienced judges but it also needs to have people that have those unique perspectives and can bring real life understanding of the issues they will be judging.

Well color has nothing to do with the court appointment, other than Biden seizing the opportunity to race bait in hopes to try and divide the nation along the lines of race as it is being used where it shouldn't be used.

Your other angle is in hopes to get a woman that you think will fight against over turning Roe-V-Wade. A female that would work to support the killing of the unborn by using the high court in her "judgement favor", isn't the same as a woman giving childbirth verses a man not knowing what she goes through in the natural act of childbirth. Abortion is about as unnatural an act as it gets. Best be glad that this nation had a brain fart back in the 60's, and allowed all kinds of stupidity to take place, and then actually began to believe that it's ethical, normal, and acceptable to just decide on a whim to end a pregnancy without cause, otherwise thinking that the baby would somehow become an inconvenience in life, so just kill it eh ?

Well color has nothing to do with the court appointment, other than Biden seizing the opportunity to race bait in hopes to try and divide the nation along the lines of race as it is being used where it shouldn't be used.

Your other angle is in hopes to get a woman that you think will fight against over turning Roe-V-Wade. A female that would work to support the killing of the unborn by using the high court in her "judgement favor", isn't the same as a woman giving childbirth verses a man not knowing what she goes through in the natural act of childbirth. Abortion is about as unnatural an act as it gets. Best be glad that this nation had a brain fart back in the 60's, and allowed all kinds of stupidity to take place, and then actually began to believe that it's ethical, normal, and acceptable to just decide on a whim to end a pregnancy without cause, otherwise thinking that the baby would somehow become an inconvenience in life, so just kill it eh ?
Now you’re diving into personal views and making assumption about what my “angle” is. I haven’t mentioned anything of the sort. This conversation was about race and sex and whether those are legit factors to use for criteria to select a Supreme Court Justice. I made a couple arguments explaining the unique perspective they can bring that others can not. Regarding politics and issue positions that’s a whole of discussion. Let’s finish talking what we were talking about and then if you want to talk about my personal views and agenda we can go there.

so back to our conversation. Do you understand how diversity can round out an entity like scotus and why sex and race can be relevant factors to consider?

SCOTUS Exists NOT for Social Justice or Understanding but
Interpretation of the LAw.How it legally best fits our
Constitution.PERIOD.

SCOTUS Exists NOT for Social Justice or Understanding but
Interpretation of the LAw.How it legally best fits our
Constitution.PERIOD.
Exactly and those doing the interpretations and writing opinions matter, which is exactly the point I was making

Now you’re diving into personal views and making assumption about what my “angle” is. I haven’t mentioned anything of the sort. This conversation was about race and sex and whether those are legit factors to use for criteria to select a Supreme Court Justice. I made a couple arguments explaining the unique perspective they can bring that others can not. Regarding politics and issue positions that’s a whole of discussion. Let’s finish talking what we were talking about and then if you want to talk about my personal views and agenda we can go there.

so back to our conversation. Do you understand how diversity can round out an entity like scotus and why sex and race can be relevant factors to consider?
" Diversity,Social Justice,Perspective are all Democrat
catch words.We the People means just that.
NOT We the People of the Black Community.
Or We the People of the Gated Community.
Plus We the People meant We Citizens.
First and foremost.This is Our Country.Our Land.
Not Ted Turners or Bill Gates.
Why was Washington D.C. fenced in before Biden's
Inauguration.That would have been unheard of in the
50's.Where During Trump's Inauguration Protests were
ongoing.
The Biden flaks and liars said that there was ample
evidence of Disruptions in many city's ... Protesting
Biden's Inauguration. Total LIE.
Tucker Carlson showed what kind of Protestors
took place on Biden's Inauguration.Some Guy{just one }
with a little flag was seen in front of a State Capitol
Building Or City Capitol Bldg waving in Protest.
Unarmed,Totally Innocuous.
You can't make this stuff up.
Democrats are Scum.Unamerican to the core.
Liars of the first order.
I Just Proved it AGAIN

" Diversity,Social Justice,Perspective are all Democrat
catch words.We the People means just that.
NOT We the People of the Black Community.
Or We the People of the Gated Community.
Plus We the People meant We Citizens.
First and foremost.This is Our Country.Our Land.
Not Ted Turners or Bill Gates.
Why was Washington D.C. fenced in before Biden's
Inauguration.That would have been unheard of in the
50's.Where During Trump's Inauguration Protests were
ongoing.
The Biden flaks and liars said that there was ample
evidence of Disruptions in many city's ... Protesting
Biden's Inauguration. Total LIE.
Tucker Carlson showed what kind of Protestors
took place on Biden's Inauguration.Some Guy{just one }
with a little flag was seen in front of a State Capitol
Building Or City Capitol Bldg waving in Protest.
Unarmed,Totally Innocuous.
You can't make this stuff up.
Democrats are Scum.Unamerican to the core.
Liars of the first order.
I Just Proved it AGAIN
You’re dodging my points to go off on partisan rants… it’s entertaining to watch you Karen’s throw your fits but it’s ineffective in the realm of debate. Want to try again to make a point by addressing the topic of conversation?

You’re dodging my points to go off on partisan rants… it’s entertaining to watch you Karen’s throw your fits but it’s ineffective in the realm of debate. Want to try again to make a point by addressing the topic of conversation?
Yes,Dear.How about the Bill Ayers use of Finding
common ground.A Commie device used more as a
way of deflecting a point already proven.

Yes,Dear.How about the Bill Ayers use of Finding
common ground.A Commie device used more as a
way of deflecting a point already proven.
So why are you deflecting then? Why not just give straight forward and direct responses and keep the discussion on point?

So why are you deflecting then? Why not just give straight forward and direct responses and keep the discussion on point?
You are being argumentative not debating.
In a court of law you'd be asked to sit down.
I have bigger fish to fry { Message Board-Wise }
than yer silly conversations.At least you were Polite.

You are being argumentative not debating.
In a court of law you'd be asked to sit down.
I have bigger fish to fry { Message Board-Wise }
than yer silly conversations.At least you were Polite.
Hahahaha, reread the thread, especially your rants. Asked to sit down?! That’s hilarious.

I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

Would the group tend to agree with me about that?
Why is it you think a person of color or female is less qualified than a White male?

Sure, whomever the worst possible candidate for support of the US laws, thats who Poopeypants will shove out there.
Trump isn't president.
1644108364279.png

Forum List

Back