British government discovers way to reduce unemployment

If you want to reduce unemployment

Raise the minimum wage to $23.50/hr

Double social security payments

Eliminate all business deductions except employee expenses

All you will do with this is raise the price of everything. If I buy raw materials for a product that cost 100 and can't write them off I will have to charge more for the product than I would now.

So you want FICA taxes to be 30% of wages not the 15 it currently is? Give a raise and then raise the taxes on it? Increase the employer cost to hire. Oh and BTW workers' comp will skyrocket since it is based on gross payroll.

Allow employers to deduct employee expenses dollar for dollar on all Federal, State, local taxes and regulatory costs,

You already can. You're not adding any deductions here.

Net increased cost to the employer will be zero.

Increase to GDP....$170B

Show me where I'm wrong.....I dare you.

Prove you're right.

Really? Eliminating all taxes and fees for business and injecting billions into the economy would do nothing?

Keep in mind that consumer spending increases employment.

Arbitrarily raising the cost of labor and the amount of governmental handouts (increasing the need for more taxes or more debt) does not help the economy, it hurts it... prices inflation and unemployment ALL rise from such a stupid move

Arbitrarily raising a wage floor does not eliminate poverty.. it shifts the line of the definition of poverty... you think all those who were making between $8 and $22 an hour suddenly will settle for making the same as an unskilled burger flipper and urinal scrubber?? No... the move has ripples that go up the economic ladder

Your 'plan' is a farce

Why would there be a need for more taxes?

More handouts, per your wish, idiot.. and don't forget the vost of your huge governmental employee base...

You sir, are an idiot who cannot see the forest for the trees

Allow employers to deduct employee expenses dollar for dollar on all Federal, State, local taxes and regulatory costs,

Increase to GDP....$170B

30~40% of Americans make between 8$~$24 bucks an hour asshat all it would do is trickle up poor...you would be fucking everyone with your stupid plan...

No. I wrote paid wages eliminate tax for business.

You want to raise the minimum wage to $23.50 an hour, that is a tax on business, even if you don't understand it.

It's not... if you don't employ anyone that earns less than that.

You can circumwent those taxes easily by firing those people, which will for sure help unemployment somehow.

That almost makes sense, let me go shove an icepick into my eye and see if it helps.

Nope, still having trouble seeing it.

And oops.. prices go up.... yeah.. that really helps exports... which really helps employment, eh???

Wonder how much a gallon of gas will be when you have to pay a cashier 50K a year??

Increase to GDP....$170B

Employers already can deduct employee expenses dollar for dollar, doofus.

Your plan would result in national bankruptcy.

Reduce welfare benefits.

Who knew it could be so simple?

The cap, on the total amount of benefits that non-working people aged 16 to 64 can receive, has begun rolling out across England, Scotland and Wales.
Couples and lone parents will now not receive more than £500 a week, while a £350 limit applies to single people.
But critics say the changes will hit parts of the country unfairly, and will not tackle underlying problems.
Those in work who also claim benefits, are not affected by the cap.
"What the job centre staff have told us is that they've seen a genuine increase [in people looking for work] since they've alerted people that they're likely to be in the cap," said the Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith, who has spearheaded these changes.

BBC News - Benefits cap leads to more people in work, says government

no way, just no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....:lol:

What is most "economic" healthy for our economy? There's a supply and theirs a demand. ;) The republicans want to make sure a business can make a profit on supply and take home "most" of their money to spend in demand.

Democrats think that the government should require the businesses to pay people to focus on the demand side of things.

The problem comes with the fact that a product(Computers, smartphones, hamburgers) has a point where it can be most profitable to a business. I feel the democrats plan hurts businesses as it doesn't allow them to make that profit. Maybe the democrats idea's allow people to have more money, but also the businesses are going to raise the prices of the good. ;)

Liberal: We have to structure our benefits like they do in Europe!

Reality: Great Britain caps welfare, sees rise in employment.

Liberal: No! We can't do that! That'll NEVER work!

The left's goal is not, of course, getting people off government dependence. It's getting more and more people on it.

Apples vs oranges sir. GP business isn't nearly as subsidy needy as ours.
Pssst! We're talking about individuals, not business.

Psst! I am writing about business in GB who are willing to expand without subsidies.

Reduce welfare benefits.

Who knew it could be so simple?

The cap, on the total amount of benefits that non-working people aged 16 to 64 can receive, has begun rolling out across England, Scotland and Wales.
Couples and lone parents will now not receive more than £500 a week, while a £350 limit applies to single people.
But critics say the changes will hit parts of the country unfairly, and will not tackle underlying problems.
Those in work who also claim benefits, are not affected by the cap.
"What the job centre staff have told us is that they've seen a genuine increase [in people looking for work] since they've alerted people that they're likely to be in the cap," said the Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith, who has spearheaded these changes.

BBC News - Benefits cap leads to more people in work, says government

Good idea, but you have to make sure it only affects the people who are sitting on their butts - not those who are trying hard to find work, but are not having any luck.

Increase to GDP....$170B

Employers already can deduct employee expenses dollar for dollar, doofus.

To reduce taxable liability, not dollar for dollar tax on taxes owed.

Your plan would result in national bankruptcy.

Corporate tax is only 9% of the total, how would that happen. My plan would increase GDP by $170billion. Sales tax revenue would increase dramatically, and employment would jump. Consumer spending increases employment.

So no proof it makes people work just proof that the government can be dicks to the poor and people can look for work but probably not find it...awesome! Great plan.

You are not an anarchist, or a capitalist, the only thing left is for you to come out as a devout Muslim.

It's simple sheep psychology.

If people have to get a job they usually do.

If people can collect unemployment for years on end they usually do.

Wow! £350 A WEEK?!!! That's about $535 a WEEK!!! (are we sure those numbers are right?)

The following is what people on US welfare get on a MONTHLY basis

Allowance benefits are determined by a number of factors. States use a basic means test to determine eligibility and the amount welfare payments will be. The needs standard includes food, clothing, recreation, personal incidentals, fuel for heating, cooking and water heating, electricity for refrigeration and lights, household supplies, medical chest supplies and shelter.

Allowance benefits vary in what is paid out to individuals or families for any of the welfare programs. As each state regulates their own SRS programs, payment allowances will vary from state to state based on geography, cost of living and employment/educational opportunities within that state.

However, a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month. Again, these figures are averages and not state specific.

Cash allowance benefits for financial assistance will also be state regulated and allowances paid will also vary based on different criteria. However, an average expectation can be placed on a family of 4 receiving up to $900 for their TANF allowance. A single person household can expect an average of up to $300.

Wow! £350 A WEEK?!!! That's about $535 a WEEK!!! (are we sure those numbers are right?)

The following is what people on US welfare get on a MONTHLY basis

Allowance benefits are determined by a number of factors. States use a basic means test to determine eligibility and the amount welfare payments will be. The needs standard includes food, clothing, recreation, personal incidentals, fuel for heating, cooking and water heating, electricity for refrigeration and lights, household supplies, medical chest supplies and shelter.

Allowance benefits vary in what is paid out to individuals or families for any of the welfare programs. As each state regulates their own SRS programs, payment allowances will vary from state to state based on geography, cost of living and employment/educational opportunities within that state.

However, a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month. Again, these figures are averages and not state specific.

Cash allowance benefits for financial assistance will also be state regulated and allowances paid will also vary based on different criteria. However, an average expectation can be placed on a family of 4 receiving up to $900 for their TANF allowance. A single person household can expect an average of up to $300.
guess your packing your bags to GB...yup those numbers are right.

So no proof it makes people work just proof that the government can be dicks to the poor and people can look for work but probably not find it...awesome! Great plan.

You are not an anarchist, or a capitalist, the only thing left is for you to come out as a devout Muslim.

Capitalist as in allowing scum like Wal Mart CEO's to make MILLIONS while its workers suffer absolutely not. Anarchist yes. I don't want any government or at least national government prefer a local council that every man/woman has a say so in.

Forum List

Back