🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Broadcaster Suspended For Asking Of Ray Rice Victim - "how Does She Marry Him After That?"

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
A perfectly reasonable question most people would think. But the media has decreed no one may challenge the motives of a victim!! Anyway, as we all know, she married Rice because he's rich.

49ers suspend radio announcer Ted Robinson for Ray Rice comments - CBSSports.com

sep 10 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have suspended team radio broadcaster Ted Robinson two games for remarks he made about Ray Rice and domestic violence this week.

While talking about Rice during a segment on KNBR-AM on Monday, Robinson had this to say about Rice's wife Janay, "How does she marry him after that? How does she go in front of Goodell? That's pathetic to me," Robinson said.

"I want to unconditionally apologize for my comments the other day," Robinson said in a statement. "As a professional communicator, I am responsible for my words. My choice of words was careless and does not reflect my true feelings about domestic violence. I understand that the cycle of abuse keeps people in unhealthy relationships. No blame or responsibility for domestic violence should ever be placed on a victim."

• Banned
Really pathetic how the broadcaster turned gutless and apologized for his question. " I understand that the cycle of abuse keeps people in unhealthy relationships. ". That's BS. Women stay with abusive men because he pays their bills and everybody knows it.

• Banned
The level of censorship by our media is incredible. You are no longer allowed to ask obvious questions like "Why does a women stay with a man who beats her".

Punishment isn't as severe but it reminds me of comments Juan Williams made about getting the willies when he sees certain Arab looking types in his plane's boarding area. In both cases the same thoughts millions of folks have had.

Chalk up another one for the PC police.

• Banned
This broadcaster is as yella as the NFL. Why does everyone cave into our pathetic media.?

A perfectly reasonable question most people would think. But the media has decreed no one may challenge the motives of a victim!! Anyway, as we all know, she married Rice because he's rich.

49ers suspend radio announcer Ted Robinson for Ray Rice comments - CBSSports.com

sep 10 2014
The San Francisco 49ers have suspended team radio broadcaster Ted Robinson two games for remarks he made about Ray Rice and domestic violence this week.

While talking about Rice during a segment on KNBR-AM on Monday, Robinson had this to say about Rice's wife Janay, "How does she marry him after that? How does she go in front of Goodell? That's pathetic to me," Robinson said.

"I want to unconditionally apologize for my comments the other day," Robinson said in a statement. "As a professional communicator, I am responsible for my words. My choice of words was careless and does not reflect my true feelings about domestic violence. I understand that the cycle of abuse keeps people in unhealthy relationships. No blame or responsibility for domestic violence should ever be placed on a victim."
He only said what about 60% of the country is thinking. I though the same thing myself. I discussed with the wife. To the question "if it were you?" She said NO WAY...
He should tell that station management to take their job and shove it up their ass. And, that they will be hearing from his attorney.. Hopefully Robinson will hire an unscrupulous shark that has brought down entire companies.

Forum List

Back