🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ray Rice Is having his life assaulted by NFL!

He beat her down. If he lost control like that once he can do it again.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.

Putting him in prison won't prevent him from losing control again.

If she did the same to me I might have reacted as he did.

But I have a clean criminal record.

The young man made a mistake.

Answer me this: Taking him out of his only profession and making him live as best he can with his non-football playing job skills is more likely or less likely to push him toward a life of crime?

First of all, do you really think this is going to be a lifetime ban? He'll play again one day, maybe in another league and not making millions , but Ray Ray isn't going to end up at McDonalds.

Felonious assault, his ass should be in prison.

Aside from the question of matters of chivalry, what should she have been charged with?

If hitting a woman seems wrong to you, ask yourself if dropping bombs on women is too. If you think ISIS needs bombs dropped on them, women are gonna get liquified along with their men. Why doesn't that upset you, but a punch to one's face is the worst thing ever?

Pfft...not the same thing and you know it.

You don't have a choice in war and if these women are hanging around with terrorists, they are likely of the same mindset and thusly pose a possible threat.

Last I checked, Ray Rice's spouse was no threat to anyone.

Except to Ray. You saw her charging at him like she was going to kick his ass?

Whether she would or could have hurt him is besides the point.

In a split second his instincts kicked in and that's all she wrote!

SHE WAS TRYING TO ASSAULT HIM.

That is the legal definition of assault.

On this page
Word Browser
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Advertisement (Bad banner? Please let us know Remove Ads
Share: Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
excuse my french, but that is absolute bull shit....

Now we know why domestic violence is so prevalent. What a scary phenomenon. The prevailing message seems to be she deserved to be knocked out and dragged face first from an elevator. Too bad he didn't turn her over so her face could be seen. Maybe then it would sink in as to what he did to her.
I am so glad I didn't have girls.

Let's be clear.

She was knocked out when she hit her head on the handrail.

He didn't beat her down, as such.

He hit her, she fell and hit her head, which K.O.'ed her.

Let's be clear. He hit her.

Once you say that, there's nothing more to say.

Mitigating circumstance: Self Defense.

Counter charge: Her for assault.

If hitting a woman seems wrong to you, ask yourself if dropping bombs on women is too. If you think ISIS needs bombs dropped on them, women are gonna get liquified along with their men. Why doesn't that upset you, but a punch to one's face is the worst thing ever?

You don't have a choice in war and if these women are hanging around with terrorists, they are likely of the same mindset and thusly pose a possible threat.

Except to Ray. You saw her charging at him like she was going to kick his ass?

On this page
Word Browser
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Share: Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
excuse my french, but that is absolute bull shit....

The law is clearly defined.

Watch the elevator video.

Right before getting hit, what is her body position?

Where is she in relation to Ray?

What does she proceed to do?

I say she was leaning forward and headed like an opposing team's running back right at Ray. But she wasn't going to hold him or hug him or kiss him or whisper in his ear with a body language like hers.

She's coming for him and she's going to...

To what?

Read the legal definition of assault and tell me Ray wasn't legally justified in warding off her charge...IN SELF DEFENSE.

"an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact."

The Ravens ended their contract with him. The NFL is made up of owners from 30 teams, they have all agreed not to hire Ray Rice for actions that could cause a negative light on their teams or sponsors. Legal and justified as far as I can see.

No that's not what happened. The NFL banned him. Even if a team wanted to hire him they can't.

Now we know why domestic violence is so prevalent. What a scary phenomenon. The prevailing message seems to be she deserved to be knocked out and dragged face first from an elevator. Too bad he didn't turn her over so her face could be seen. Maybe then it would sink in as to what he did to her.

Let's be clear.

Stupidest thing I have fucking read in like fifteen years....

Self Defense....

You fucking man you...

The big deal going on here is the bullying tactics applied by special interest groups be they women, minorities, gays, what have you. The way the system is supposed to work is that charges are filed, the case is tried, punishment is meted out. But this isn't good enough for the whack jobs. It's a high tech version of being a vigilante. If his now wife chose to nail him to the cross, I wouldn't care. But the two of them are the only ones who actually know what went down, and she stands by him.

You should take up your anger with Mojo and Mudwhistle. Of course, that would violate your code; now wouldn't it?

No anger, just tired of people's ignorance and over generalizations. As far as code, I know nothing about what you are talking about, but I'm sure it has something more to do with your idiotic over generalizations.

Ahh...okay then.

He beat her down. If he lost control like that once he can do it again.

Society in general, and the NFL in particular, has no business rewarding that behavior. He should be behind bars, whether his wife presses charges or not.

Putting him in prison won't prevent him from losing control again.

If she did the same to me I might have reacted as he did.

But I have a clean criminal record.

The young man made a mistake.

Answer me this: Taking him out of his only profession and making him live as best he can with his non-football playing job skills is more likely or less likely to push him toward a life of crime?

People make mistakes all the time.
And people pay for them.

To answer your question, neither. He was paid very handsomely for his services. Besides if he was in prison (where he belongs for assault) it would be a moot point.

And you LOVE Obama.

No...Obama...what?

Except to Ray.
Lie.

You saw her charging at him like she was going to kick his ass?
Lie.

Lie. Both in fact and in practice.

Yes, it's called criminal activity.

And he was under no threat from such an assault. By your definition, if your spouse kicks you in bed in his sleep, you have the right to beat them senseless. And you wonder why people point and laugh at you?

On this page
Word Browser
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Good luck selling that to the inevitable jury that hears it. Only in professional wresting would your point have any validity. And Vince McMann isn't dumb enough to try to make something so cockeyed work.

Except to Ray.
Lie.

You saw her charging at him like she was going to kick his ass?
Lie.

Lie. Both in fact and in practice.

Yes, it's called criminal activity.

And he was under no threat from such an assault. By your definition, if your spouse kicks you in bed in his sleep, you have the right to beat them senseless. And you wonder why people point and laugh at you?

On this page
Word Browser
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Good luck selling that to the inevitable jury that hears it. Only in professional wresting would your point have any validity. And Vince McMann isn't dumb enough to try to make something so cockeyed work.

Well Grandma, presuming competent legal counsel, we'll see who laughs last.

Let's be clear.

Stupidest thing I have fucking read in like fifteen years....

Self Defense....

You fucking man you...

Why were the laws written so as to make Rice's actions legally justifiable?

Put on your "rational hat" and think about why the gist of the law would be worded in just this manner:

An INTENTIONAL ACT. She charged at him intentionally.

And we can infer by his actions that he believed her charge would result in IMMINENT physical CONTACT. She created in him a sense of APPREHENSION that whatever she was going to do to him would be HARMFUL or OFFENSIVE.

Seems clear cut to me.

It wouldn't be the first time an irate wife, fiance or g/f killed her hubby, fiance or lover in the heat of passion.

And as a multi-Million dollar pro athlete she might have been trying to fuck him up, bad!

Ever see what happened to Roy Hobbs?

He had to protect his life and career.

Verdict?

Innocent!

Last edited:
The big deal going on here is the bullying tactics applied by special interest groups be they women, minorities, gays, what have you. The way the system is supposed to work is that charges are filed, the case is tried, punishment is meted out. But this isn't good enough for the whack jobs. It's a high tech version of being a vigilante. If his now wife chose to nail him to the cross, I wouldn't care. But the two of them are the only ones who actually know what went down, and she stands by him.

Great post, Rick2542!

They weren't and they aren't. You really are a sackless lowlife.

Why? Because I can read and comprehend the definition of "assault"?

Or is it that I can read and comprehend the definition of "assault" without letting my EMOTIONS cloud my intellectual assessments?

They weren't and they aren't. You really are a sackless lowlife.

Why?

Because you are defending a man - a professional athlete at that - punching out a woman. That makes you a sackless lowlife. No matter what you say or how you spin it, that makes you a sackless lowlife.

Which is not to be confused with a "Designer Bag" advertisement for the High Life!

I'm glad that the majority of Americans can see how wrong Ray Rice is, I can't understand how anyone can justify a 250 lb athlete punching a 110 lb women, he needs help and she needs help for staying with a guy getting off on beating the shit out of women.

Forum List

Back