Brothers Kicked Off HGTV Channel Over Anti-Gay Remarks.

I'm not commenting on abortion; I'm not female (despite Papageorgio's hitting on me). I commented on the oxymoron.

Or don't you see it?

Well, some people do see the unborn and the born pretty much equally.

OK to spell it out... you cannot be a "baby" if you haven't yet been born. But the old one is still a classic-- a fetus gestating in the womb, utterly dependent on its mother for existence, is anything but an "individual". Very much the opposite.

I just find that kind of terminology hilarious. Same with redundancies like "free gift" or "PIN number".

(/offtopic)

And a six month old baby is also dependent on someone for existence as well.

Why cant these fake christians just do their jobs and leave the preaching and proselytizing at church?

These brothers were at church when they voiced their support of traditional families. Gays object to the church too.

No, they were in church when they exhibited their hate and ignorance concerning gay Americans and their contempt for the Constitution and its case law.

And just a few years ago Obama was exhibiting his "hate" when he said quote:
“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.

Read more: Obama gay marriage quotes - POLITICO.com

How the fuck, could you in good conscience vote for a hater like that ? Hypocrite much ?

HGTV made a wise decision to not be associated with bigots. They have a reputation for being all encompassing.

No, HGTV allowed themselves to be extorted by homo shakedown bigots.
How can they be all encompassing when they selectively deny people free religious expression?

What is sad is the families that will lose out on a new home because of political persecution of someone expressing their faith.

No, they'll just find someone who is not a crazy religious loon to host a show with a similar concept.

And frankly, given you guys are opposed to things like Section 8 housing and FHA Loans and some of you even think that the Community Re-investment Act caused the Great Recession (it didn't), why are you suddenly concerned with people getting 'new homes"?

HGTV made a wise decision to not be associated with bigots. They have a reputation for being all encompassing.

No, HGTV allowed themselves to be extorted by homo shakedown bigots.
How can they be all encompassing when they selectively deny people free religious expression?

They aren't in the business of free expression.

They are in the business of selling ad time to companies like Home Depot and Menards, and frankly, they don't want to alienate 10% of their potential customer base.

Happy to have cleared that up for you, you seemed a bit confused.

What exactly did they say? I thought that bigotry these days means supporting civil unions instead of marriage?

I know liberals consider it bigotry to say that gay men are much more likely than any other group to get HIV. Despite it being undeniable fact. Truth is offensive to liberals if it isn't positive.

They aren't bigots....and that's the point.
They just don't believe in the gay agenda.
The gay agenda shut them down.
The gay agenda is to silence whoever disagrees with the agenda.

This sounds more like the partisan left seeking once again to diminish a controversy of a TV how being cancelled, because of social beliefs and censorship of free speech.

Nobody censured the twins. Those boys are still free to say whatever floats their intolerant, holier-than-thou boat ... just as you are. You have created a straw man argument here because you have little else.

Of course they were. Their TV show has been cancelled because of their anti-gay speech. Clear cut attack on free speech. That's what the thread is about, didn't you notice ?

They can still say whatever comes into their sanctimonious heads. They just won't be getting the opportunity to do so on someone else's dime. You do respect the right of HGTV management to promote and provide a platform for that which they find appropriate, don't you?

Last edited:

I don't know if they are bigots and no one has abridged their right to disapprove of "the gay agenda" or lifestyle. Do you have a link which supports your claim that the gay agenda shut them down and is to silence whoever disagrees with the agenda?

They can still say whatever comes into their sanctimonious heads. They just won't be getting the opportunity to do so on someone else's dime. You do respect the right of HGTV management to promote and provide a platform for that which they find appropriate, don't you?
Why are you libs trying to twist it into a legal rights issue? Who said the station didn't have the right?

Why are you libs trying to twist it into a legal rights issue? Who said the station didn't have the right?

Had you not cut away Protectionist's post, you would find I was responding to his claim that the twins free speech rights were under attack which is, of course, BS and if you read a few of my posts you'll find I am anything but liberal.
Will McAvoy (the Newsroom)-
"No, I call myself a Republican because I am one.
I believe in market solutions and common sense realities and the necessity to defend ourselves against a dangerous world and that’s about it.
The problem is now I have to be homophobic.
I have to count the number to times people go to church.
I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con.
I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride.
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect…in the 21st century.
But most of all, the biggest new requirement, really the only requirement is that I have to hate Democrats.
And I have to hate Chris Christie for not spitting on the president when he got off of Air Force One.

The two-party system is crucial to the whole operation. There is honor in being the loyal opposition. And I’m a Republican for the same reasons you are."

Had you not cut away Protectionist's post, you would find I was responding to his claim that the twins free speech rights were under attack which is, of course, BS and if you read a few of my posts you'll find I am anything but liberal.
I believe in market solutions and common sense realities and the necessity to defend ourselves against a dangerous world and that’s about it.
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect…in the 21st century.
But most of all, the biggest new requirement, really the only requirement is that I have to hate Democrats.
And I have to hate Chris Christie for not spitting on the president when he got off of Air Force One.

The two-party system is crucial to the whole operation. There is honor in being the loyal opposition. And I’m a Republican for the same reasons you are."
I agree it isn't a free speech issue but you can't deny it's a censorship issue. Not politically correct? Goodbye! Media is caving in to the vocal minority and that's just wrong.

I'm a conservative, not Republican, but I do vote for them. I don't have a party identity so don't feel like I need to fix in a political box.

I agree it isn't a free speech issue but you can't deny it's a censorship issue. Not politically correct? Goodbye! Media is caving in to the vocal minority and that's just wrong.

I'm a conservative, not Republican, but I do vote for them. I don't have a party identity so don't feel like I need to fix in a political box.

Does every citizen have the right to a forum on a TV show? No.

Is HGTV required to hire these guys? No.

Then it's not "censorship". It's a simple business decision.

Now if HGTV or somebody else were following these guys around preventing them from speaking their mind anywhere, that would be censorship.

We just can't have these people going around PRAYING and supporting LIFE and not supporting the mainstreaming of homosexuality in our schools and the rest of our society.

Who do these people think they are?

This is the NEW America. We all must ASSIMILATE!

Any and all non-progressive opinions, actions, and viewpoints will be met with public humiliation, and personal and economic destruction!

Last edited:
Well, some people do see the unborn and the born pretty much equally.

OK to spell it out... you cannot be a "baby" if you haven't yet been born. But the old one is still a classic-- a fetus gestating in the womb, utterly dependent on its mother for existence, is anything but an "individual". Very much the opposite.

I just find that kind of terminology hilarious. Same with redundancies like "free gift" or "PIN number".

(/offtopic)

And a six month old baby is also dependent on someone for existence as well.

True. It would be oxymoronic to call a six-month-old an "individual", though at least it would have its own self-sustaining body. But a fetus is the antithesis of "individual", which is why the term is strikingly inept. Same with "unborn baby"; it's like "unscored run".

(/offtopic)

Last edited:

I don't know if they are bigots and no one has abridged their right to disapprove of "the gay agenda" or lifestyle. Do you have a link which supports your claim that the gay agenda shut them down and is to silence whoever disagrees with the agenda?

HGTV is canceling a planned home renovation show hosted by the Benham Brothers after liberal activists complained that they have a history of speaking out against gay marriage, abortion and divorce.

In a statement, David and Jason Benham said: “With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals. If our faith costs us a television show then so be it.”

On Wednesday, the Home and Garden Television network posted on its Facebook page: “HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers’ series.”

The announcement came after the liberal activist website, Right Wing Watch, posted online a story headlined, “HGTV Picks Anti-Gay, Anti-Choice Extremist For New Reality TV Show.”

Read more: HGTV Cancels Show Because Of Hosts' Christian Activism | The Daily Caller

I think this answers both of your questions, if not, the left on this thread is in support to silence those who disagree.

Forum List

Back